North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?

Go down 
+7
DanelerH
Sasuke Uchiha
hazmah
*Judgment Dragon*
Blue Flame Alchemist
Neko
Phantom
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom
Founder
Founder
Phantom

Immune to warnings? : No

Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? Empty
PostSubject: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 2:34 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Amazing_Pendulum

This card although it seems broken, is balanced since in order to activate this card, 2 or more pendulum monsters must be in the extra deck.

Any Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Neko
NOOB
Neko

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 2
Losses : 1
Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 3:53 pm

I don't think the card's that broken. I mean, kinda similar to Pot of Riches, though I'd argue and say Pot of Riches is better. I think it would be fair to make.
Back to top Go down
Blue Flame Alchemist
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Blue Flame Alchemist

Losses : 3
Wins : 8

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Don't play pend but the card seems broke helps u in late game if your scale has been destroyed also helps plays if used wavering eyes
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Suck a broke card, if you were to play this late game when you had like 7 or 8 pendulum monsters in your extra, it could be a win condition in itself. I think it would get banned pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:45 pm

When I first saw this card I thought it was bad (come at me!), but now that I look at it again it's a very good card. I'd like to see this in play but with a restriction of some sorts. Maybe like you cannot conduct your BP and take 2k dmg? Something like POD (no ss) or Vanities (Can die if any card from deck or field goes to grave and you can't ss either).

P.s. When I gave my example it was just an example.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 5:26 am

Imagine this, htye put two cards in their Pendulum Zone, use wavering eyes, then they use this card and add them back to the hand. It's pretty broke with no cost to pay.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 8:39 am

I did state that they should have a restriction... Learn2Read
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:45 am

And I never said otherwise, learn2read.

Anyway, add a cost of discarding a card, or paying some lp and it shouldn't be too bad, when they bust it out late game as a top deck with low lp and low cards
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:58 am

Yes, but I don't understand why you'd state the most obvious play, that anyone who plays the game at a semi-compeititive level, would know from reading the card. It's pretty obvious that you were indirectly replying to me.

Well, back onto the topic. Discarding isn't a big cost, excluding if you broken up busted and don't want to give anything up. However if you're in that position, you're going to win most likely. Imo discarding isn't a big cost, even tributing isn't a big cost. The only way to really make this good is to give the opponent an advnatage or safety for one turn. For example, you can add (up to) 2 cards and you're opponent draws for each card you take. (You also cannot enter BP the turn you use this card.) Or instead of BP, it's you cannot special summon during this turn.

P.s. The reason I put up to is that I don't know if up to would really be a good thing, as you could choose but yeah...
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:03 am

The Troller wrote:
Yes, but I don't understand why you'd state the most obvious play, that anyone who plays the game at  a semi-compeititive level, would know from reading the card. It's pretty obvious that you were indirectly replying to me.

Well, back onto the topic. Discarding isn't a big cost, excluding if you broken up busted and don't want to give anything up. However if you're in that position, you're going to win most likely. Imo discarding isn't a big cost, even tributing isn't a big cost. The only way to really make this good is to give the opponent an advnatage or safety for one turn. For example, you can add (up to) 2 cards and you're opponent draws for each card you take. (You also cannot enter BP the turn you use this card.) Or instead of BP, it's you cannot special summon during this turn.

P.s. The reason I put up to is that I don't know if up to would really be a good thing, as you could choose but yeah...

I was elaborating on my previous point, which was actually directed towards Phantom, who thinks they should release this card. At least to my understand that's what he wants.

Discarding can be a big cost if it's a Pendulum monster, or something you don't want to discard, but the main idea of discarding is so that when you active this card, you don't plus. You activate this card by discarding a card, to add two cards, so you don't gin card advantage, you still have the same amount of cards as before, which is why I figured that discarding would make this a great card, but not too overpowered.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:15 am

Eh, discarding is the cost for pendulum call. Is it a bad card? It's basically the same cept it's mag and from deck. Discarding wouldn't hinder the player at all. It's 1 card.... Compare that to no ss or BP. You can't get otked then.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Founder
Founder
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:30 am

I really don't think it needs a cost, it requires 2 pendulum monsters to be in the extra deck first.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:32 am

Do you realise how broken this would be lategame? There's gonna be like 5-8 pl in there at least. You can get any cards you want. It's basically a free pl scale, not to mention that it doesn't say you can't ns that turn.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:54 am

Stopping you from plussing makes it a not so good version of Pendulum Call, so I think a discard effect would balance the card.

Phantom with out a cost, this card can be a lethal top deck.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:04 am

Eh I don't see it. Discarding juggler, discarding useless shit late game. It's a free pl scale mid-late game. Even early games sometimes in magicians.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:09 am

Well it's like, it's not as good as Pendulum Call it will only give you whats in your extra deck instead of being able to search your deck for whatever you want, and with this cost of discarding it, it will make the card relevant, but stop you from plussing and being broken.
Back to top Go down
Blue Flame Alchemist
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Blue Flame Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:10 am

how is that balanced ever heard of wavering eyes or dracoslayer lol?
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:11 am

It's equal to pend call. Pend call is only for magicians. SPECIFIC TO ONE ARCHTYPE. This card works for any arctype and mid-lategame is a free otk.

Plus with wavering, dracoslayer etc it's so fucking broken.

Last edited by The Troller on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Flame Alchemist
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Blue Flame Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:11 am

Exactly what troller said lol
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Founder
Founder
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:13 am

hmmm, troller does raise a good point, imagine this in qliphorts 0_0
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:13 am

Exactly. It's a scout searcher for whenever it dies. Usually you'd have to go for the trap, now you don't.
Back to top Go down
Blue Flame Alchemist
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Blue Flame Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

did you seriously just O.o qliphorts seriously way more broken things you could of gone with and you went with qlis lol
Back to top Go down
Blue Flame Alchemist
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Blue Flame Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:15 am

sorry for that double forum spams
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 am

Eh, it's just an example. Plus it can search scout, any card you need that's in extra or mono. It basically cancels out Scout's weakeness, well excluding if it gets banished.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Founder
Founder
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 am

No problem Alchemist, I already deleted it

Last edited by Phantom on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next