North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?

Go down 
+7
DanelerH
Sasuke Uchiha
hazmah
*Judgment Dragon*
Blue Flame Alchemist
Neko
Phantom
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Phantom
Founder
Founder
Phantom

Immune to warnings? : No

Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 2:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Amazing_Pendulum

This card although it seems broken, is balanced since in order to activate this card, 2 or more pendulum monsters must be in the extra deck.

Any Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Wrong thread DD.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 pm

hmm it seems op but the pends already have a such ''kind'' of card oafdragon magician. But indeed it is op bc it gives more oppurtunity to win the game. if all ur monsters died and u draw bad, u can use the spell to active the pend zones and ss as a crazy idiot. I would like the card and i would use it. I dont think it will cause a lot of trouble? so i think it will be released :3
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

Losses : 1
Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:54 am

Eh, it's an OP card as it is, top deck this card and it's pretty much a win condition. Give it a cost and make it usable once per turn then it suddenly isn;t so bad, and maybe get my qli deck back, I dunno. I kind of want it to come back so I can run people down with qli again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:15 am

it would be for qli indeed a HUGE advantage, just spam ur shit back and activate again and u win O.o.
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:26 am

its too simple to be released for a new card it has not enough text xDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:15 am

It's not a case of being too simple, it's more a case of the lack of a cost to activate the card.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:06 pm

what do you mean with ''of a cost to activate the card''?
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:10 pm

It has no cost he's saying, well excluding the pl zones needing to be empty.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Blue, when you read a card text, the cost is pretty much always shown by the Semi-Colon ; So let me give you an example.

Here is part of the effect for "Psy-Frame Overload"

Once per turn: You can banish 1 "PSY-Frame" monster from your hand or face-up from your side of the field, then target 1 card on the field; banish it face-down.

The bit in red is the cost, which is shown by the semi-colon. The bit after the semi-colon that isn't highlighted is the effect of the card. You have to pay the cost to activate the effect/card. So if I want to activate this effect, I must do what's highlighted in red first, THEN my opponent can chain to it. Just because the card may get negated, doesn't mean I get the banished card back, it means I paid the cost and didn't get the effect.
Back to top Go down
Neko
NOOB
Neko

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 2

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:17 pm

JD, I don't think you've been  looking at OCG meta at all. Solemn Notice is played as a staple 3 of AND warning is still played with it. I also think all of you completely ignored what I said and made some rather invalid card. This card is not broken, not at all. Just because it plusses doesn't mean it's broken, plenty of cards plus. An example would be POT OF RICHES, which is, DEBATABLY, better than this card. Pot of Riches can return pends from the grave and it draws you cards. It's a plus as well, but look what isn't seeing play? Normally your extra deck WILL NOT be full in the late game because you'll be Xyzing with them and such. Most of your pend cards will be in the grave. Lel. This card isn't really broken. If it had any limitations on it, like discarding, it would destroy the card and it would never see play.

And to correct something JD said, the cost is not everything behind a semicolon. Targeting a monster (I'm directly quoting Argor42 about this) is not a cost. It is an activation requirement but it is not something you have to pay. The cost of a card is something you have to PAY, hence the name "cost". The cost is something that happens at the moment of activation, regardless of negation, that isn't targeting.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Pot of Riches;

Shuffle 3 Pendulum Monsters into the Deck, from your Graveyard and/or face-up from your Extra Deck, then draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Riches" per turn. You cannot Special Summon the turn you activate this card, except by Pendulum Summon.

Amazing Pendulum;

If you have no cards in your Pendulum Zones: Add 2 face-up Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck to your hand.

You not seeing the difference and why Amazing Pendulum is broken and Pot of riches isn't?

No need to be pedantic Neko.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:14 pm

Oh when I said the 2 pl zones is empty. That isn't a cost, I know that. It's just idk.... gg
Back to top Go down
Neko
NOOB
Neko

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 2

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Amazing Pendulum is not broken and it would not see play in the current format, just like Pot of Riches, because there is no "late game" in the current format. Sure, it's a cute combo to minus 1 with Wavering Eyes, I guess. Kinda bad. You're essentially using two cards to add one from the deck to your hand when that "Amazing Pendulum" could be another pendulum monster to use for scale instead of adding. The whole point of the pendulum mechanic is for the monsters to stay in your extra deck or be used as fodder for materials for other monsters. Amazing Pendulum is not good except the non-existent late game in the current format to which you keep referring. Once again, I mention again, not all plusses are good. Pot of Riches is much more versatile and better than Amazing Pendulum yet it doesn't see play. It doesn't require you to have no scales. It only requires you to have monsters in places that you're supposed to have them; the grave and the extra. Clearly you don't play Magicians or PePe or even EmEm enough JD or you'd know how rarely you actually have open scale and 2+ pendulum monsters in your extra deck at the same time.
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:14 am

igknight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?   Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazing Pendulum-should koonami release this card?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3