North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Prometheus' Test Results

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

Immune to warnings? : No
Wins : 1

test - Prometheus' Test Results Empty
PostSubject: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Shameless - Fluffer Nutters
Promboi - BoomBoom Kings

Attitude - 7/10
It was meh.. Average in my opinion. There wasn't a conversation, just the occasional "lol" at my inability to draw into anything important.

Deck Build - 14/25 (6/8)
15 for competitiveness, 10 for synergy
-45 cards =/= competitive. Especially with a deck that doesn't have a lot of search power.
-The build's synergy is quite basic...but that's what FKs are, basic. You just have 5 extra cards.
-There are some things that you're missing that are staple in FK variants too: 3 onslaught, 2 wolfbark
-I understand that Side & Extra are quite based on opinion, and although your side is average, your extra is quite subpar. There are a few neat combos that you're missing out on.

Skill - 26/40 (5/3/18)
10 for control of duel, 10 for siding and side deck, 20 for focus
-We did 3 games (technically, due to an early D/C)
Game 0: You started off quite lackluster, and had very little to hinder my combos. Even with fiendish + Evac, I would have had massive advantage over you--but then you D/C'd
Game 1: Some how you started with everything you needed to OTK, but yet you didn't. It took you two extra turns to beat me, and that was after 9 turns of me drawing into a pretty nice set of trash.
Game 2: Again, somehow, you started off with what you needed to stop some minor initial combos.....but I plowed through 2/3 of my deck and didn't draw into a single fusion card, and you still struggled to beat me. It wasn't until i was down to 17 cards that you finally gained the advantage due to me not being able to draw into 1 of my 7 cards that allow me to access my extra deck.
-You sided poorly against me. You may have sided out cards that didn't prevent me from gaining advantage, but you had a far better choice in that side: Vanity
-Your focus was fine

Misplays and Corrections - 8/10
There were 2 chances in Game 2 that you could have simply ended the game by shutting out my graveyard.....but you didn't. You went into an XYZ that returned my most searchable monsters back into my deck.

Result of Duel - 5/5
(0/5 for winning no duels, 2/5 for losing 2-1, 3/5 for winning 2-1 and 5/5 for winning 2-0)

Ruling knowledge - ?/10
^Need an Admin to check this.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
pass is north

Total: 60/100

Slifer Red 0-69 <-- You're here
Ra Yellow 70-89
Obelisk Blue 90-100

Last edited by Shameless on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prometheus9366

Prometheus9366

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Ok so my problems. Your ruberic is very bias

-attitude: i lost points cause i didnt talk? like really?
"It was meh.. Average in my opinion. There wasn't a conversation, just the occasional "lol" at my inability to draw into anything important"

-build: hahaha really. you dislike my build so i lose points. doesnt seem very bias (sarcasm). cause i use a 45 card build, and i dont have search. if you looked at my build i have plenty of search. just cause i dont use 3 onslaught cause its my preference i lose points. wow.

-skill: so we played 3 games.
(game 0)
I lost points cause i dc the first one on turn 3 and automatically i lose points cause he would have won. really? ok so i warned you i may dc cause my crome was being shitty. like if it was 15 turns in id understand but it was turn 3.
game
(game 1)
because i get good draws and i chose not to over extend i lose points? there yah go again bein' bias. i lost points due to my opponent not drawing what they needed. that isnt my problem that is his problem not having a consistent deck.
(game 2)
again i get judged on having good consistency and you not having good consistency. seems bias again. so yeah.

(my siding) i care less about this. i didnt side much cause i saw you deck sucked with consistency and wasnt to worried. But again your bias about that. Its mostly a matter of opinion.

-misplays/corrections: i didnt have any misplays... and your correction was that i otk faster. You had set cards and i didnt want to over extend so i lose points for that. Seems a bit unfair for that.

I dont think your guys ruberic is very .... fair or such. My main complaint is that i think that the results are unfair because of the fact that i didnt win faster, and because you had consistency problems, as well as what i mentioned before.

id appreciate if another admin talked to me about this

Back to top Go down
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Let me Do this part by part,
Prometheus9366 wrote:
Ok so my problems. Your ruberic is very bias

Prometheus9366 wrote:
-attitude: i lost points cause i didnt talk? like really?
"It was meh.. Average in my opinion. There wasn't a conversation, just the occasional "lol" at my inability to draw into anything important"
Attitude is an important part of the test,hes up to the tester to determine how the testee is,and to measure his attitude,but after seeing this,he was obviously being 2 good with you,i personally would have gave you an 4(top)
Prometheus9366 wrote:
-build: hahaha really. you dislike my build so i lose points. doesnt seem very bias (sarcasm). cause i use a 45 card build, and i dont have search. if you looked at my build i have plenty of search. just cause i dont use 3 onslaught cause its my preference i lose points. wow.
Is not that he dislikes your build,its that the build is bad,giving a score to the deck is a part of the test,and they are 2 main aspects to it:Consistency a 45 card deck has already -5 on that only?You know why?ITs called probablity,the chances of drawing a card that is played at 3 40 cards in your deck is 7,5%,with 45 is 6,6 %=less chances of topdecking a card that could help you,even with a 40 card deck the consistency is a hard aspect, the usual problemis drawing a hand with only s/t or only monsters,thats why the ratio of traps,spells and monsters have to be taken in consideration while making and grading the deck,cards like duality or upstart are used to increase the consistency of the deck,because they are basically a tool to thin your deck to increase the chacnes of drawing a necesary card later on,the searchers are a key part of this aspect,not only they make the deck thiner but they also add something to your hand(usually a monster)so its a deck thiner and a proxy card,dat in some cases(like fire kings) can act like several cards,tenki for example is able to search almost every main card of your deck,gives you bear/gorilla,yashka ,wolfbark etc etc,there is an old said on ygo,if you want to kill a deck,hit the searcher.Plenty is not enough,what the tester is telling you are not only the scores are tips and guidelines for you to take and edit your deck,because he knows more about your deck than you do and knows more about the metagame and how it should be played to give it a chance to compete agains the current decks,Onslaught at 3 is a must in fire kings,its the card to get garunix its the card that starts the combos,is the card that everyone hates,he was right,it might be your personal preference but that dosnt makes it any better or gives it more chances of winning.

Prometheus9366 wrote:
-skill: so we played 3 games.
(game 0)
I lost points cause i dc the first one on turn 3 and automatically i lose points cause he would have won. really? ok so i warned you i may dc cause my crome was being shitty. like if it was 15 turns in id understand but it was turn 3.
game
Its not about who would win,if u check the test is not about winning or losing,is about skill,u could have done stuff,u could have stoped his combos or at least do something,u showed no skill,so you dont get pints for this game.
Prometheus9366 wrote:
(game 1)
because i get good draws and i chose not to over extend i lose points? there yah go again bein' bias. i lost points due to my opponent not drawing what they needed. that isnt my problem that is his problem not having a consistent deck.
Read the comments again,is not because u chose to not over extend,its BEACUSE you over extended,you had the otk early on the game,and yet you missplayed and took wrong choices giving your oppopent several turns to come up with a counter play to reverse the situation,the fact that it didnt happened was luck nothing else,if something you showed lack of skill.
Prometheus9366 wrote:
(game 2)
again i get judged on having good consistency and you not having good consistency. seems bias again. so yeah.

You see,his deck is not there to win,is there to test you and your skill,and the fact that even tough his main card against you (while having 7 copies of it)should give you a free win,yet u strugled,and had to wait over 10 turns to gain the field advantage.Skill demostration?=Poor

Prometheus9366 wrote:
(my siding) i care less about this. i didnt side much cause i saw you deck sucked with consistency and wasnt to worried. But again your bias about that. Its mostly a matter of opinion.
Its not a matter of oppinion,there is a range within whats acceptable for a side,every single side deck is different,every single side deck is personal,however,they are several guidelines to follow when you are siding,saying that you didnt sided because u saw that the deck was bad only proves how naive you are,underestimating a deck is the worst thing you could do,a player should be able to detect the general playstyle of the deck and then side acordingly to what he saw,you knew that the deck was a fusion based deck,and yet u left the best card to stop it out.So you should be penalized for that,
Prometheus9366 wrote:

-misplays/corrections: i didnt have any misplays... and your correction was that i otk faster. You had set cards and i didnt want to over extend so i lose points for that. Seems a bit unfair for that.

You see,playing is not about knowing how to use your cards,but knowing how to stop your opponent,a field advatage is secured when you have cards to stop you oppoenet from making any play that might hurt you,you won in the end,but what you did was a missplay,because the best play would have been shutting down his deck.

Prometheus9366 wrote:
I dont think your guys ruberic is very .... fair or such. My main complaint is that i think that the results are unfair because of the fact that i didnt win faster, and because you had consistency problems, as well as what i mentioned before.
THe rubric is fine,is fair,and so far no member has had any trouble with it,its not about winning,is about skill,if you showed no skill then your score will be low,if you had a good play but instead you did a mediocre one,then your score will be low,if you didnt used your cards to his fullest then your score will be low,if you are a bad duelist,you score will be low.Its not on the testr nor the rubric,any tester of the academy would have given you similar scores.
Prometheus9366 wrote:
id appreciate if another admin talked to me about this
Anything else?I could retest you if you want,but dont expect me to go easy on you after what u have said about the tester and the testee,if you are so convinced that you deserve more,i will test you,prove me that you are better than your score,destroy me,show no mercy.I will be waiting for ur PM.
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Prometheus9366

Prometheus9366

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:04 pm

1. my attitude? i dont talk. i said my combos. I dont talk much so i lose points on that. ok. great. seems fair. i say lol when he says he keeps getting dead draws. didnt know i was suppose to ask about his life story.
2.a ok so its not about winning or losing. But i got marked down cause my internet fritzed. I dc on turn 3 when nothing really happened. I also warned him this might happen. So i dont get the big problem with this. If it was like turn 3 and he had a stacked field than id understand.
2.b. my deck. lol so i lose points because its 45 cards. yes there is probability but as for i can search for what i want and thin it all i want. so i got criticised on my consistency. I dont run 3 onslaught cause my deck gets cloggy cause i can search for it and i generally can get all 3 gar out with w/o it. As to the whole my tester knows my deck better. gtfo like honestly i made my deck and i know it better than anyone. its my preference.
3. You said its not about winning or losing. ok. well then why do you get points for winning? He knew that i could have had game because i showed my hand after winning. So i dont understand how i lose points for that. And i didnt overextend. I was expecting responses so i was playing conservatively. I wasnt going to waste things i didnt need to. i was in control the whole time.
4.He told me that he was testing a new deck. So im a bit inclined to say from my deduction that he wasnt using a traditional testing deck. Also i dont remember seeing you in watchers. So as to taking ten turns.... yes i got stumped for a short while but i was still in control and maintained card and field advantage.
5. As to siding i saw his deck had consistency problems. I know furnimals so i wasnt worried cause i knew what his deck was capable of. Siding is a matter of preference and i chose not to do much cause i knew his deck pretty well and wasnt worried. The whole purpose of siding is so you do better next match and i knew i had it in bag.
5. Your rubric is not skill based. Your rubric is a matter of opinion. let me share a definition with you- l Bias-prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair. So it isnt to hard to see that with what has been said. I mean you said that it is a matter of preference what people run. If he prefers a different amount of cards good to him. That is his opinion and there for if we follow this definition he marks me down leading to the idea of being bias. Also because i chose to play a certain way (conservatively) not his style of otk-ing i lose points.

I will accept this test because i really wanted a fresh start from my new acad. sorry for being an ass. ill agree to disagree
Back to top Go down
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 pm

You comment just made the whole academy dummer,my IQ just dropped after reading that.
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Striker
Striker

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 am

i think my eye's are burning @.@..........umm..i mean my eye...s
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 6:41 am

you are the first one who complain about NA testing rubric........
Back to top Go down
Striker
Striker

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:59 am

dude just admit the fucking defeat and take a retest king hasnt been that nice to give a second chance to someone lol (no offense king) lol just kiddin but seriously take the damn retest and dont argue with this shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus' Test Results   test - Prometheus' Test Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Prometheus' Test Results
Page 1 of 1