North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Into the Void: The State of Infernity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
(All Stars) Pharaoh
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(All Stars) Pharaoh

Immune to warnings? : No

Into the Void: The State of Infernity  Empty
PostSubject: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Introduction:
For those of you who know me, will know that i am currently using infernity's as my main deck. Even though they have been hit by the ban-list with Archfiend going to one, there are still a playable deck. 

The deck has a unique playing style in which focuses on you having no cards in your hand for huge gains. Its main strength is that it can be used as an FTK/OTK or control based. Most infernity decks will run a low monster count so you only have 1 or 2 monsters in your opening hand and so you have the space for the protective backrow. Last format saw Infernity XYZ rise to the top, but since the banlist Archfiend has been at one. Meaning the best build for the time being is an Infernity Avenger build. 

Loop: 
The main loop in the Avenger build requires, Archfiend, Necromancer and Avenger in grave. 

1. You need to activate Infernity Launcher or summon mirage. 
2. Use there effects to revive Necromancer and Avenger. 
3. Use Necromancer to revive Archfiend and search for either Launcher or Mirage. 
4. Use Archfiend, Necromancer and Avenger to either summon Hundred Eyes if Mirage is in grave, if not summon Void Ogre Dragon. 

Repeat steps 1-3, instead of search for a barrier or a break. 

2.1. If you have Mirage in grave then summon Hundred Eyes Dragon. 
2.2. Use Dragon's effect to Copy Mirage. 
2.3. Summon Necromancer and Avenger. 
2.4. Use Necromancer to summon Archfiend and search barrier or break. 
2.5 Then summon any level 8 syncro monster you like. 

Notes: I am currently also working other builds, but this seems to be the best build so far. 
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:16 am

Nice idea dude
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:03 am

First of all everydeck is playable. Is every deck playable for competitive play....no. Infernity falls now into that pattern. The nerfs made the deck way too slow to compete competitively. Sure there are other great ways to use them and still win but competitively your sort of screwd.
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

Warnings : No Warning

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:17 pm

KidChaos wrote:
First of all everydeck is playable. Is every deck playable for competitive play....no. Infernity falls now into that pattern. The nerfs made the deck way too slow to compete competitively. Sure there are other great ways to use them and still win but competitively your sort of screwd.
I beg to differ. I use Harpie Ladies, and occasionally Ice Barriers, they can be played competitively, its just that it takes a better amount of skill to play them, so those who are experienced with decks like BA, won't be as experienced with Harpies or infernity, its pretty much about how you handle a deck, I believe it can be played competitively.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Or u can sack with ur deck
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:37 pm

watergod wrote:
KidChaos wrote:
I beg to differ. I use Harpie Ladies, and occasionally Ice Barriers, they can be played competitively, its just that it takes a better amount of skill to play them, so those who are experienced with decks like BA, won't be as experienced with Harpies or infernity, its pretty much about how you handle a deck, I believe it can be played competitively.

PSSSHSHSHSHSHSHHHH. I think I just got cancer. 

That statement literally just gave me cancer. 

Your telling me with some degree of skill you can go out and beat say for example Shaddolls with infernity, hapries, and/or ice barriers. That was a very not thought through statement. There is a reason there is a meta and there is the non meta/ rogue. The thing that sets say shaddolls apart from all these decks is speed. Speed wins games. You'd have to have an absolute godlike hand to beat shaddolls simply with these decks. Reason why...THEY ARE TOO SLOW. I know many people would love to play infernity and rather prefer it over the stuff in competitive play but they also know that really they are at a huge disadvantage no matter the skill level because the speed of the meta kills these decks. Skill can only take you so far. Now if you said something like noble knights could do this I would agree with you because they have the speed to keep up. Maldoche could possibly do it. Hell I'd put my Boxers up there to fight the meta because they have the speed to do it. Simply all the decks you mentioned are too slow to be viable.
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:42 pm

My Harpie Ladies, and Ice barriers have beaten the meta, about 32 times the past 2 months, and the Ice barriers I JUST created, if my statement gave you cancer, your statement will be the death of me. Also, EVER HEARD OF PHANTASMAL DRAGON!? u.u It's the truth.
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:23 pm

The people you have been playing must have been major scrubs cause that gave me AIDS reading that.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 2:04 pm

In kidchaos defense astral you play in trad
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 2:51 pm

I don't play in traditional? I only play in traditional when I want to use makyura, so your statement is invalid when referring to me dueling with harpies or ice barriers, and none of my opponents were scrubs. except for 2 or 3 dark world players.
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:51 pm

if you beat BA qlips shads or satellas with that 
they were scrubs......JS
Back to top Go down
(All Stars) Pharaoh
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(All Stars) Pharaoh

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 4:00 am

The Meta is only defined by the most popular decks. Just because a deck isn't popular does not essentially means its no longer competitive. Yes its been hit with Archfiend going to one, but there are still ways to go off. It just takes more thinking than the same repetitive plays than last format which takes thinking 3-4 moves ahead and therefore does take more skill. 

In situations i like to use Dark Worlds as an exaple. Back in 2012, they won the biggest YCS to ever be played, there not the most popular deck but are one of the most consistent in regional finishes when they are used.
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:17 am

(All Stars) Pharaoh wrote:
The Meta is only defined by the most popular decks. Just because a deck isn't popular does not essentially means its no longer competitive. Yes its been hit with Archfiend going to one, but there are still ways to go off. It just takes more thinking than the same repetitive plays than last format which takes thinking 3-4 moves ahead and therefore does take more skill. 

In situations i like to use Dark Worlds as an exaple. Back in 2012, they won the biggest YCS to ever be played, there not the most popular deck but are one of the most consistent in regional finishes when they are used.
Me and this guy are going to get along very well ^.^, although you are correct, now it should put an end to this useless arguing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: The State of Infernity    Into the Void: The State of Infernity  Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Void: The State of Infernity
Page 1 of 1