North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

In Depth: Forbidden Dress

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dark magician 85
Teacher
dark magician 85

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

In Depth: Forbidden Dress Empty
PostSubject: In Depth: Forbidden Dress   In Depth: Forbidden Dress EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:26 am

To many times I see the card Forbidden Dress be played wrong and such by newer players and some veteran players so I figure, this week to go over this card and go over certain situations. So, let's begin.

Forbidden Dress effect: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the End Phase, that target loses 600 ATK, but it cannot be targeted or destroyed by other card effects.

Now, after reading that effect lets dissect the cost and the effect. The cost of this card is the part that reads "Target 1 face-up monster on the field". The reason for that is because it is before the semi-colon. The effect of the card is the rest of it after the semi-colon. Now before we go into the situations I want it to be known that effects do NOT resolve right away on a chain, they wait for the chain to come to them and such. Only cost are paid upon card activation.

Now, lets use a target example versus Forbidden Dress. Lets say you have a face up Brother Hood of the Fire Fist - Bear. Now lets say that you use the Bear effect and you pay the cost of sending the fire formation and you target the monster. Then your opponent chains an Effect Veiler. Now lets imagine as the Effect Veiler targets you decide to chain Forbidden Dress. Some players believe that Forbidden Dress wins and the Bear effect goes off, that is 100% WRONG. Some of you may be asking why, so lets dive into the mechanics.
Effect Veiler effect: During your opponent's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up Effect monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the End Phase.
If you read the Effect Veiler effect right above you can clearly see that the target of the monster is before the semi-colon so it means its part of the cost. Just like Forbidden Dress. As stated before the effects which are after the semi-colon do not come up until the chain resolves back to them. Forbidden Dress starts the chain and does make the Bear lose 600 and be untargetable and undestroyable BUT the Effect Veiler target had already occurred, so Forbidden Dress cannot stop that. Meaning that in this scenario Bear loses its effect and the opponent's monster survives.

Pretty much that is the only time I do see this card messed up because of the simple fact people do not understand cost. Anyway, this has been Dark Magician 85 . If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will sort em out, but for now, have a good one.
Back to top Go down
KleiNoel

KleiNoel

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: In Depth: Forbidden Dress   In Depth: Forbidden Dress EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 am

nice post dm, its very true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Depth: Forbidden Dress   In Depth: Forbidden Dress EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:33 am

Dark, I have to say based on what I read... you seemed well informed on rulings... keep up the good work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
Kalin Kessler

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: In Depth: Forbidden Dress   In Depth: Forbidden Dress EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:12 am

Nice article bro.This is very informing for a lot of players Smile
Back to top Go down
https://northacademy.forummotion.com
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

Immune to warnings? : No

PostSubject: Re: In Depth: Forbidden Dress   In Depth: Forbidden Dress EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:41 pm

You seem to know an absolute ton about yugioh, i did not know that thanks dark Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Depth: Forbidden Dress   In Depth: Forbidden Dress Empty

Back to top Go down

In Depth: Forbidden Dress
Page 1 of 1