North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Suggestion About The Tests

Go down 
+3
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
bayar16
EbilKid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 4

Suggestion About The Tests Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 am

Hello all,

Ok, this is just my second day in the academy and I just had a little suggestion.

After I had my test results, I think there were two unfair rules or two rules that have nothing to do with that test.

1- The side deck: I don't use a side deck. I don't think I need one, I believe that my deck is stronger without it. Therefore, I get to lose 10 points of the test just because I don't have one? I believe that is a little unfair.

2-Knowledge about the rules: As I found in many academies, the knowledge of the rules is about what the testers sees in the duelist through the game. He tries at least to make to mistakes to see his knowledge. But here, it's an admin test. What if somebody has no time for the admin test? Plus, it's not even a powerful measure to see the knowledge of the duelist.

This was just a suggestion about the test and I hope the admins of the academy will take a good look at what I said.

Thank you~
Back to top Go down
bayar16
Admin
Admin
bayar16

Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:53 am

those are the most important things in the game.
side deck is for match duels which almost all the tourneys/event will be. if you dont have any you wont be able to counter your opponents side or hinder their deck.

and if you dont know anything about the rulling then this means you will misplay a heck amount of times, and means u dont know how the cards/game works
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 am

If you don't know how to side deck then you are severely limiting yourself as a player, you would literally only be relevant as a singles player, there is an extremely diverse range of methods and tactics you can employ to improve your deck's chances of winning on the fly and by refusing to take advantage of it you're limiting your own chances to come back from a bad hand game 1 or your opponent getting better stuff
Since the test is done in match format it only makes sense to include siding as a part of the rubric
Back to top Go down
Crystal_Sage

Crystal_Sage

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:08 am

Side decks are important for bad Situation Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.my0plans.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:37 am

The point of a side deck is to help you during the match duels. If you're playing a match duel with no side deck then you will be at a huge disadvantage. The point of it being in the test, it so we can grade you on your knowledge of other decks and how to counter them. Along with how well you made your side to help you to the best of it's abilities and how well you used the cards. This is a skill that every duelist in this academy is going to need if they want to strive to be better. You need to do the test, as it's easier for us to see how familiar you are with rulings and how good your knowledge is on them. We don't do any of this to make it unfair, we do it for the opposite reason. We do it, so we know where we can help you as a duelist. It's easier to have your results for the test rather than relying on what you showed in a match duel. The reason being, you might not come across any relatively complicated ruling problems, so we therefor make you take a test to see what you're like with the certain situations.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Losses : 0
Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:28 am

Wow, thank you guys...so much. Now I probably think I'll make a side deck. XD
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:14 am

if you cannot use the side deck, this mean you dont understand your opponent deck's weakness, how to counter most of the deck only with 15 you need to think wisely, even your deck is strong, you need to understand opponent deck too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:10 am

In a way I get what your saying... but at the same time just to be safe it is essential to know what to side.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:50 am

^^^^ What they all said.
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:20 pm

You need side deck cos if you are in a super crap deck advantage, side cards in which will hopefully give you an advantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:46 am

Image you're playing Bujin, and your opponent is playing an OTK Lightruler deck. You have no side deck, and they OTK'd you in the first game of the match. You would stand a much better chance of winning if you had a side deck and actually sided against them, but because in this situation you don't, the chances of that second game of the match just being a repeat of the first game is very high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion About The Tests   Suggestion About The Tests Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion About The Tests
Page 1 of 1