North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back

Go down 
+2
Average
Hero
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back Empty
PostSubject: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Alright, now as you know graceful charity allows you to draw 3 cards then discard 2.... Now lets look at the mechanics of this card......

1st step:draw 3 cardss
2nd step:discard 2

Lets say I have 6 cards in my hand.... I activate graceful charity and draw 3 first.... Now before I discard I now have 3 additional cards to my hand which gives me a grand total of 9 cards to choose from to discard!

Graceful charity isnt just broken because you draw 3 cards... but it also broken because you draw before you discard... This can give you a huge advantage.

Last edited by Phantom on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:05 pm

I agree but still wouldn't hurt to get more draw power than upstart.Unless your a noob,and play exodia
Back to top Go down
Average
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Average

Warnings : No Warning

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:17 pm

I completely agree. Not only that, but a lot of decks work well with getting cards into the graveyard quickly
Back to top Go down
bayar16
Admin
Admin
bayar16

Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 5:50 am

Another thing is, since the discard is not a cost but an effect it will help-out dark world
and we all know how annoying that deck is with dragged down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 6:09 am

First off, you put that graceful lets you draw 3 then discard 3, so you might want to change that. Secondly, you just need to say the name and everyone will know it's never coming back unless the effect is altered, and even then it will probably be limited to 1.
Thirdly, to all those saying it couldn't hurt for more draw power cards, well think about how many decks can work well off of a generic card like that. Anyone remember when they unbanned Sixth Sense? Big no no. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:25 am

the main reason for graceful charity got banned is not because have wide choose, is because deck like dark world and fabled.
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 am

I agree you know.
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Player 1 is playing darkworlds player 2 is playing fabled.
player 1 uses graceful charity, lol beat that.
Player 2: LOL sure thing uses guarded treasure, yet its not even limited -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back   Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Graceful Charity is probably never coming back
Page 1 of 1