North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )

Go down 
+7
lightningyugi
Striker
Rissy
KleiNoel
Kirisaki Chitoge
stephen.borkowski
(RPFC) Shiki
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1

New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

lots of decks killed

wut now ?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rissy

Rissy

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:56 pm

As far as tier 1 goes, shaddolls sadly are out. They can still go stun and make plays, but with construct gone, and el shaddoll fusion at 1, the deck is dead as far as the competitive circuit goes. After playing them throughout every format, from their release, I can safely say it is a given. Their power plays and ability to dodge/out play your opponents have decreased significantly. Not to mention, mathematician has also been hit to 1, which kills a lot of floating utility for the deck. Yes, we still have Armageddon Knight, who is even a rank 4 for Xyz plays, but overall, the deck is no longer going to see tops in events. Stun variation wouldn't be bad, but there are just better things to play as stun. Another thing to keep in mind, with a lot of these decks that got hit, other decks that are lower in the ranks that have not been hit, still do decrease in strength, due to them no longer countering a larger scale of the meta. Best example is DarkLaw.Deck. Are heros still good, yes, but they have become just a little closer to tier 2 now.

The meta will continue to change drastically, come January, where we will see Tellarknight Ptolemaeus take a hit, which will lower the strength of rank 4 toolboxes, which will hurt these decks even more. Until then though, the meta will need some time to be defined. Right at the start, it is easy to say the meta, as far as competitive play goes, will be as such:

Tier 1-1.5
Kozmo, Stellars, Majespecter, Infernoid, Clown Blade(Mono/Hybrids), BA, Psy-Frames

Lower End 1.5-2:

Heros, Yang Zing, Volcanic, Igknights, Ritual Beasts(limbo)

Tier 2/Possible Appearances:

Shaddoll, Nekroz, Rogue/Hybrids, Prophecy

These obviously will change come January, with the release of monarchs and such. Infinity, Notice, ect will also heavily change how a lot of these decks function and perform. New Hybrids will come out. Older decks might see play. Current decks might fair better. It is too soon to say what lengths players will go to make certain decks work.

Also, is anyone else a little sad Artifacts didn't come back? I think they would have been rather interesting with the change in meta, as they are a good engine to put into a lot of these decks mentioned, which would have increased their ability to play into the coming meta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Well that seems like a very lengthy and intimate analysis! Thank you for your input. Maybe you should think about writing some articles in that section? It would be cool to read what you have to say. Smile
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 4:05 pm

I think exodia will stay as the best deck.
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

Warnings : First Warning

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Infernoids are going to be savage
Clown blade variants
Majespecters arent bad generally but iv been playing them alot using infernoids and its a very very easy match up for infernoids from personal experience
Kozmos will get some more play even before the new support
Tellars ROTA got hit to 1 but still playable

Im gonna be working on Spellbooks ofc since finally konami ulimited fate but im not sure it can compete against infernoids most specifically hoping i can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
lightningyugi
Uchiha Black and Red
lightningyugi

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 12:07 am

Construct will be back home when the next banlist comes out then i'll there waiting for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:34 am

TopGun wrote:
Infernoids are going to be savage
Clown blade variants
Majespecters arent bad generally but iv been playing them alot using infernoids and its a very very easy match up for infernoids from personal experience
Kozmos will get some more play even before the new support
Tellars ROTA got hit to 1 but still playable

Im gonna be working on Spellbooks ofc since finally konami ulimited fate but im not sure it can compete against infernoids most specifically hoping i can come up with something.

As soon as I saw your beloved Spellbook of Fate came back, I new you would be loving it. xD
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:37 am

lol they werent really lenient on the op decks but ty mate
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 7:35 am

Straight up as happy as i am fate is back to 3 it still isnt consistent enough to beat next formats meta i play tested with a few friends and over 10 singles i lost 6 won 4 all games played were against Majespecters Infernoids Clownblade and madolches at some point although not being meta the decks just too slow and reliant on opening hand T_T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 8:24 am

TopGun wrote:
Straight up as happy as i am fate is back to 3 it still isnt consistent enough to beat next formats meta i play tested with a few friends and over 10 singles i lost 6 won 4 all games played were against Majespecters Infernoids Clownblade and madolches at some point although not being meta the decks just too slow and reliant on opening hand T_T

Well that's fair enough, is your deck reliant on judgement?
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:09 am

isnt that card banned 0,0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:01 am

Yeah it is, but like, is your deck reliant on judgment to be consistent and competitive?
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:26 am

These guys..... I don't think they understand that exodia will be the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 1:17 pm

Do you even play a decent exodia deck, or you still using the old toon build? xD
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 3:43 pm

LOL, i just use toons to thin out the deck. They don't rely on toons at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Right... xD What build do you use then? xD
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:08 pm

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
Right... xD What build do you use then? xD

I don't understand? I mean I know there are variations, like heart of the underdog but I have no idea what mine is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:38 pm

Screenshot it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )   New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? ) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Banlist ( Meta Dead? Whatsthe new Meta ? )
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2