North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Changes to the game.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Changes to the game. Empty
PostSubject: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am

So, as every one knows, there are some changes to the game that will be introduced, I believe that OCG have them right now, but TCG will probably get them in the future, and we have a new type of monster being introduced to the game.

Notes;
- Player 1 draws 5 not 6.
- Both players can have field spells out simultaneously.
- New monsters known now as 'Pendulum Monsters'.

Basically, I feel that the first thing that is noted above, about the drawing situation, is that it will definitely help make the game play a bit better. I believe they did this, because when player 1 goes first they have the disadvantge of going first, but they have the advantage of going first and being able to set their field up before the player who goes second. Where as the player that goes second will have the advantage of drawing 6 cards but the disadvantage of going second and having to deal with the fact that your opponent has already set up.

The second thing noted above about the field spells, I feel will be interesting to play with, but I don't like the idea of it. I prefer their only being one field spell face up, as it now means it's harder to destroy your opponent's field spell, as a very common way of destroying your opponent's field spell was just activating your own field spell and replacing their's on the field. However, I don't think it will change the game that much seeing as a lot of decks don't run field spells. I guess we will see how that one goes.

Now for the final thing on the notes above, the new monsters known as 'Pendulum' monsters. For those who do not know how the Pendulum monster's effects will work here is a brief explanation.

Pendulum Monster is the new type of Monster Card introduced in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. They act as either Monster Cards or Spell Cards (hence, their color coding being one half orange and the other half green), and can be placed in the new Pendulum Zone. These monsters can be used to perform Pendulum Summons, a new mechanic that allows a player to perform high-level summons. Pendulum Monsters, though still treated as Effect Monsters with Levels on the field, use a Pendulum Scale to conduct Pendulum Summons. A Pendulum Monster is first placed in the Pendulum Zone as a Spell Card, followed by another Pendulum Monster in the second Zone, where it then uses its Pendulum Scale to determine the Levels of monsters than can be Pendulum Summoned. When a Pendulum Monster would be sent to the Graveyard, it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck Zone instead. It can be Summoned once again through Pendulum Summoning.

Read more by following this link --> http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Monster

I'm not sure what I think about this to be honest, I feel it is just something I am going to have to try before I pass judgment on it. Which I will do, I am Judgment Dragon after all. Basically, I think it is going to make the game a bit harder to compete in and I feel we will start seeing some older decks we haven't seen for a couple of formats now Very Happy

Thanks for listening to my views.

Best regards ~ JD.
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 pm

oh yeah thus is in the really shitty new yuigoh series new series of yugioh called Arc V
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Turtle

Warnings : No Warning

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm

True though i don't like how player 1 now gets 5 cards not 6 but i guess i can't do much about it also really nice review Judgement dragon
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 pm

well it isnt that much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Still banner it kind of ticks me off but its ok i guess XD
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 1:07 pm

true. yugioh is just getting dumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:56 am

Yeah, but it makes the game a lot more fair, you have to agree with that?
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:02 pm

yeah it is making the games fairer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm

I wonder if it will make a lot more people go second so they have the card drawing advantage? xD
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:06 pm

probabbly will Razz whenever there is a new rule always take the advantage Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:08 pm

I guess so xD but I think I would try and go first so I have the advantage of setting up first xD
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:11 pm

i guess i wouldnt mind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:11 pm

The new pendulum monsters will be interesting though.. not sure what I think about them xD
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:45 pm

i dont like it
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 3:18 pm

I dont like point 1
because it changes rules
rules get harder for new players this way
And if you start with a bad hand a draw van safe yuo
settingup first is maby nice but also a disatvantage because you can use cards to destroy them
the advantage isnt that huge

I dont like point 2 eather (didn hear of that before)
It makes destroying fieldspels hard
i dont like that idea

About point 3
I dont know but its not good
We can only use 15 extra do you kow how hard it will be to put them all in hte deck
now we got 4 diffrent typesable to use in extra

I will just play the game i know i will still draw Wink
I dont want it too change Sad I like how it is now
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Jugement ty for all this good info
I didnt know that much about the
new cards and the new rules
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 pm

I agree with your points to a certain extent, I like the new card drawing thing, I dislike the field spell thing and I'm not sure about the new pendulum monsters Razz
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 pm

hahaahah lol
still or the externed deck needs to be bigger or it wil harder to put in whwat you need if you want to start playing them too

still dont like the drwing thing do i hate maby the most XD
everyone her own opinion

and still hate the fieldspell stuff too

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah.. I think they should concentrate on the cards they already have instead of adding more xD
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Indeed some new spport for a example
becuase ther will also be a red card and i heard something about a another collor
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:49 pm

a anna deck Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Well the pendulum monsters will have the mix of colours between spell and monster I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the game.   Changes to the game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes to the game.
Page 1 of 1