North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

The Last Halloween

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxus

Laxus

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

The Last Halloween Empty
PostSubject: The Last Halloween   The Last Halloween EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 am

^Title of the story I'll put in here. Very Happy This is the story that made me a winner in Halloween Contest in another forum (there was only one rival lol). The POV changes at mid story due to my ignorance, so please, um, ignore it and enjoy!  Very Happy

---

Halloween had arrived; it was the time children waited for so long, a time that allowed them to change their clothes to scary clothes and wear horrifying make-up. The moon, taking over from the sun, was up on the sky, partially covered by clouds. The lack of light allowed darkness to loom around the neighborhood area. The night began when the moon showed its pale light, able to prevent the night from being swallowed into total darkness, yet darkness still dominated, spreading its fear to those who were ignorant and even those who were careful of it had the nerve of being surrounded by its presence, of being warned over and over again by the sinister chilly air it brought.

He was watching the television, ignoring the event the children anticipated. He did not celebrate Halloween. He thought it was stupid and laughable when children embarrassed themselves wearing those idiotic, ugly clothes. He cared less about them. If you want candies, why don’t you go buy them at the shop? He shook his head, unable to comprehend. Kids these days just want free candies. They love being spoiled. The parents should be blamed too. They should know better how to treat their children. But still, the children should be blamed most.

He continued watching the television. His favourite show was over and now it was replaced by a Halloween-themed show. He groaned. He changed the channels and felt disappointed, as all of them played Halloween-themed shows. He switched it off and rested on the pristine, white sofa. He almost fell into sleep when the door was knocked.

It was time, he thought. He went to the door and opened it.

“Trick or treat!” the children said cheerfully, although they brought a menacing aura with them, showing their bowls to him in full expectation for him to drop candies into the bowls. They were three of them. One wore a white, dirty gown with blood splattered on the torn parts of the gown; his face painfully looked as it was being clawed by wolves and his hair covered his left eye. The second one had horns on his head, his face looking eerie with dirty teeth having canines at the sides of the teeth, his eyes looked hungry and he was drooling. He was topless and purple, red bruises were apparent on his body. The third one was short, seeming to have no head at all, and blood kept pouring out of the part of his neck where his head should be attached and this one wore ragged, dull brown clothes.

He gasped. This trio of children was the scariest he had ever met. He looked at them and smiled apologetically. “I don’t have candies, sorry.”

“Trick or treat,” whispered the boy with white gown. His voice was coarse now and the words came out like a demand.

“I told you I don’t have candies,” I told them. I pointed to my neighbour. “You can ask the people there instead. They should have candies.” I rubbed my arms vigorously to ease the chilliness I felt. I was used with the chilliness but somehow this one was the worst.

“Trick… or… treat…” the boy with white gown whispered slower. He took a step closer to me. “Trick… or… treat…” he repeated.

The other two followed him. “Trick… or… treat…” they whispered and moved closer to me.

That was when I noticed their eyes shone blood red. I took a step backward unconsciously. “I don’t have them! Go away!” I said loudly. I tried to be firm but my voice was trembling. What is wrong with these children? Why can’t they go away? I looked at the neighbourhood. No one was out. It is supposed to be ‘trick or treat’ moment for the kids. Why do they not beg every house owner for candies right now?

My hold to the doorknob was shaking. The children stepped closer to me and I went backward until I realized I was in the living room and they were in my house. I looked at the clock and saw a second passed before the time was twelve midnight sharp. I took a short breath.

I looked at the trio again. “Go!” I screamed.

They were scary and with their horrifying actions right now they were scarier. They looked at me hungrily, menacingly. I gathered my courage and moved toward them, intending to shove them out of the house when I saw the boy with white gown pulled out something that gleamed lethally under the white fluorescent light. He was holding a short knife and it was tainted with blood. I did not know if it was real blood or not but the presence of its thick red gave me goose bumps.

“G-go,” I said, my teeth chattering as the temperature dropped rapidly. “Please,” I added. I heard disturbing sounds and screamed out of scared. The television was on, its screen was bright with light and it showed a scary, old doctor treating his patient. The background music was low. “You have severe problem with your teeth due to eating candies continuously…” he said and his branches-like fingers moved to the patient’s face. The patient struggled to escape but he was tied. “I… can fix this…” the doctor whispered savagely.

I closed my eyes. I could not bear to watch it anymore but I heard the churning scream. I covered my ears with my hands. I remembered the scary children and opened my eyes. They were in front of me. This can’t be, I thought frantically.

I started moving to the kitchen, heading to the backdoor. The scary children followed me. In my way there I slammed on the dining table and fell, causing it to move away and the plates of foods on it fell to the ground. My stomach hurt and I grabbed it tightly, trying to suppress the pain but I saw the shards of the plates gleamed hideously and I was forcefully reminded by the knife in the hand of the boy with white gown.

I stood up with difficulty and continued moving to the backdoor. I finally saw it and reached the doorknob. I laughed hysterically. I could get away with this! I turned the doorknob around but it would not move.

The door was locked.

“NO‼️!” I screamed. I turned the doorknob around again but it would not budge. I continued doing that like a mad guy but it stayed there defiantly, refusing to let the door open, to let me escape, to let me stay alive.

“Trick… or… treat…” the boy with white gown whispered as he approached me. The other kid behind him, the one with horns showed his fingers with long fingernails, similarly resembling claws. It dawned on me that they were indeed claws and the shortest kid was indeed headless, and they were not wearing costumes at all. They were monsters.

“Please… go away…” I said and tears flowed out of my eyes. I remembered last year’s Halloween. It was mostly the same with this one. The kids went to me, said, “Trick or treat” and asked for candies. I refused as usual, although I had candies in the refrigerator. They pleaded me for candies and I apologetically said to them I had no candies when deep down I was laughing at them, at their idiocy. They seemed foolish to me, so helpless. They looked down, disappointed and sad, and left.

It was joy to me. If I myself could not get candies when I was young, why could they? I did that every year and I enjoyed torturing the children, making them begged like beggars. Once I was annoyed with this little girl for demanding me to give her candies, refusing to leave without the candies. I could not restrain myself and I looked around to confirm there was no one outside, grabbed a stick in front of me before my other hand grabbed her arm. I whipped and abused her with that stick and she yelled in pain. It was music to my ears. I said to her not to be a spoiled brat and after I satisfied I stopped. She left, crying.

“This is for your sins,” a voice, accusingly, disgusted, was heard. I looked around and saw no one. “You enjoyed looking the pain on the children’s faces, and now you can enjoy feeling the pain of your own, slowly reaching death.” The guy with white gown raised the knife and moved it towards me when the light went out. I could hear the stabbing sounds, the warm blood of sins coming out from my mouth and each merciless stab represented my punishment. I could see nothing but death and I was reaching it. It was me and it looked pitiful and gross. Blood kept pouring out of my mouth, out of the wounded chest until I heard nothing, until I stopped breathing.
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : 3rd Warning

The Last Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Halloween   The Last Halloween EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:32 pm

wow thats a nice storyy
Back to top Go down

The Last Halloween
Page 1 of 1