North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building Empty
PostSubject: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:33 pm

For your first deck building homework I would like everyone to build a deck they believe to be at the top of this format's meta, as well as a very short paragraph on how the deck works. (YOU MUST HAVE A SIDE DECK)

The reward for the completion of this homework is 150 DP.
Back to top Go down
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
! ! Z3R0

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:25 pm

https://i.imgur.com/mLWgswt.png

This deck isn't exactly meta but it can more than hold its own against majority of the meta. Note: Similar decks have topped the recent YCS/Let it be known, this was made 1-3 weeks prior YCS Atlanta and tweaked accordingly. Idea was structured from Mkohl40's video. Now to discuss the deck....

Main Deck

What better cards to run than monsters who can pop problematic monsters as well as backrow and also make quick rank 4 plays? Yes, that's right, FFs may be one of the top meta decks of the format but how about we alter it to the point of being anti meta? The deck may have a low monster count but with the consistency to search the cards you need right away, who cares? Main decking a Thunderking is a nice tech. Alot of decks in the format have to search in order to get its engine rolling. Ex.FF, Bujins, Mermails, etc. This will make your opponent to do whatever it takes to get him off the field at any and all costs. Im sure I dont have to explain the reasons of the other monsters since honestly they are all self explanatory. But it will still run the same as any FF deck. It seems like a standard build at 1st site til one catches eye of the main deck Vanity's Emptyiness. I remember being afraid to run this card because I didnt want my opponent blind mst'ing a backrow while this card was faceup to get a 2-1 I hate going neg, but after play testing its not that bad. I love opening this car so I can be prepared for what my opponent is playing to keep it as a bluff or flip it when the time's right. There's nothing more comfortable than to seeing your opponent pay cost to activate the effects of cards such as Summoner Monk, Lightsworn Lumina, or Harpie's Channeler to go -1. Its all about control.

Side Deck

Potentially the main deck can win game one but if it doesn't, whoooo your opponent is gonna hate the side since it tends to have an answer for EVERYTHING from Inzektors, to Hieratics, Chaos Dragons, Bujins, Mermails, Dark Worlds, Zombies and so on. I've been questioned why I run Fossil Dyna alongside Vanity's when both do the same exact thing vice versa with Banisher of Radiance and Dimensional Fissure. Well, the way I like to play, I want to get to my key pieces as quickly as possible to setup my defense and prevent my opponent from doing anything. So when one fails, there's always some sort of backup. Also to note, Ive managed to side Chaos Trap Hole. Never used it before but this format it seems like Bujins will be hitting the field alot alonside Constellars and Lightsworns and boy do they have some annoying ass monsters. So Im testing this to see how well it goes but I hate to pay 2000 freaking lifepoints to use it. Oh well.....YOLO !

Back to top Go down
KcGanja
Tester
Tester
KcGanja

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 pm

zero - these kind of HM., msut be send via PM to dorm leader or who asigned ur HW, and ur slifer, not obelisk
Back to top Go down
Tiger9866
Chaos White
Chaos White
Tiger9866

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:50 am

yea this HW only for obelisk z3ro
Back to top Go down
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
! ! Z3R0

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 am

Yea but I got granted permission by an official to be given the homework last night hence why I did it
Back to top Go down
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
! ! Z3R0

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 am

Locktop himself approved
Back to top Go down
Tiger9866
Chaos White
Chaos White
Tiger9866

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:44 am

man i did not post my deck to anyone except for testing thing -_-"
Back to top Go down
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
! ! Z3R0

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:54 am

Tiger9866 wrote:
man i did not post my deck to anyone except for testing thing -_-"

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 am

He can do the homework if he pleases although he can't be awarded as he is only Slifer. And by the way homework should be Pm'd please
Back to top Go down
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
! ! Z3R0

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:22 am

LockTop wrote:
He can do the homework if he pleases although he can't be awarded as he is only Slifer. And by the way homework should be Pm'd please

Yea, I know that now
Back to top Go down
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 am

Ange020 has completed
Back to top Go down
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:24 pm

KleiNoel has completed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building   Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building Empty

Back to top Go down

Obelisk Homework 1 - Deck Building
Page 1 of 1