A Duel Academy for everyone!
 
HomePortalSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Share | 
 

 UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phantom
Founder
Founder
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Posts : 161
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

okay basically the academy is now open for anyone to post on, as for whether the academy will be revived, well thats up to all of you.

Please post your opinion on whether we should give it another shot or perhaps bury the academy once and for all, share your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19
Posts : 1840
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-01-20

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Mani wrote:
members from the ygo base have not "transferred" to discord, they just joined the discord chats. That doesn't necessarily mean they wont join an academy. How is is there little reason to join an academy? I understand most people wont join but people will join and it can make the academy active again. Back when DN was alive, most people joined DNF but that didnt stop them from joining academies.. its the same situation.

And most academies died, with things like DA only having an average userbase of like 50 at best compared to DNF's astronomical amount. Also, to answer your question about discord being better, put it like this: Discord has bots which NA doesn't have, Discord has a consistent and better chatbox, Discord has literally everything but topics, but the chatbox channels fufills that to a good extent.

Mani wrote:
You gave no reason as to why the management of the academy was poor. All you said was kalin and phantom are bad admins with no reasoning really. Also they didn't particularly blame it on "cancerous users" or "users that were inactive". Where did you get that from? When DN died NA was bound to die because there was no reason to stay/join NA. So members started leaving and it got inactive, how is it even their fault? Almost every academy died. Also, how are admins not responsible to keep interest high and users in control? thats one of the primary jobs of an admin. Admins have to be concerned with this in order to maintain activity in the academy and why would admins not control members when they get out of hand? Should admins allow havoc? that is just common sense.  Also, your explanation of this "cycle" and "fresh of breath air" lacks sense since you stated "if you fail to do that", and you didnt even state what "that" is, only thing you mentioned is that "it NOT the responsibility of the admins and higher-ups to keep interest high and users in control"  and that kalin and phantom are "bad admins." so your vision made no sense.

I did explain that relatively poorly, but let's just look at it this way. Both me and Rusty reprimanded Phantom for posting "clickbaity" titles and he either refused to listen to us or just was too ignorant to. This shows either a lack of cooperation or a lack of judgment. There's also the time when Phantom was the owner (this was before you joined but it is nonetheless a reason). There's also the fact that the academy has died several times with them being in charge. As for Kalin, well, it's pretty obvious that he lacks leadership qualities. If you want me to give examples then the time when he had "Nazi Admin" as his username and the userbase basically rioted. He didn't control the situation at all and reprimand those who were wrong, thus leading to like 2 days of just ongoing fights and it was only until another admin stepped in was it solved.

As for your other point, that's what I was saying, read. I said "is it not responsibility of an admin to keep interest high and users in control?", which means that I was questioning that and I DO think that's their responsibility; thus nulling the entirety of your point there.

Mani wrote:
Yes, we arent the same people, but some people want to keep the acad going and are motivated, and since ygo is apparently getting "lit" again, I think there is a good chance NA can revive. Since the only reason it died in the first place was because ygo was dead. So there really is a point.

I mean, this is fair. I won't lie. In this point, everyone is basically entitled to their opinion, but I still think that we're just reviving a shell.

Mani wrote:
"What's changed from last time to ensure success this time?" ---> nothing significant is changing, there isnt a need for much of a change, NA was always successful but the reason it died was because DN died, its simple, you are just overthinking it

It wasn't just that, were you not in the chat? The admins did very little to try to instigate change and it was basically just me suggesting things and Phantom loosely arguing. Remember when you wanted to do that thing.
Mani wrote:
Also,

"Overall, I don't really care. I thought I'd write this semi-essay as a last way to express my concern for something I was consistently on for 2 years,"

^^^
you "dont care", yet care enough to write an essay to express your "concern?" Contradiction much? There is no shame in admitting you do care. lmao.

Like I said, I don't "really" care but yes; I do care enough to write one last essay for the academy. At this point, the only reason I'm arguing is because I dislike being proven wrong falsely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1
Posts : 787
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2014-01-02
Location : Hell

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:59 am

Sigh,now I get my chance after seeing everyone's feelings.First off,thank you once again for the continued support guys,it helped immensely in my decision to bring back NA.Secondly,hazzy,don't speak on stuff you know half the story to,like this isn't Discord and I won't the bullshit like we did in the past,you wanna start an arguement,go do on Discord.Anyways,I am fully into this revival,unlike times past,The days of me doing stuff myself are over,I will use my admin and mod team to help make NA great again.With that aid,I will move heaven and hell this time to help this forum and not be the "bad" leader I was known to be.Y'll got a rested and clear-minded Kalin this time,o let's make it happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northacademy.forummotion.com
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19
Posts : 1840
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-01-20

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:27 am

Kalin Kessler wrote:
Sigh,now I get my chance after seeing everyone's feelings.First off,thank you once again for the continued support guys,it helped immensely in my decision to bring back NA.Secondly,hazzy,don't speak on stuff you know half the story to,like this isn't Discord and I won't the bullshit like we did in the past,you wanna start an arguement,go do on Discord.Anyways,I am fully into this revival,unlike times past,The days of me doing stuff myself are over,I will use my admin and mod team to help make NA great again.With that aid,I will move heaven and hell this time to help this forum and not be the "bad" leader I was known to be.Y'll got a rested and clear-minded Kalin this time,o let's make it happen.
The fact that you think I'm starting an argument despite me giving a view like everyone else, Mani responding and then me responding as a result shows your inadequacy. Also, you can say this isn't discord but that means nothing unless it's backed up by actions. I'm looking forward to you potentially moving this academy forward, but I doubt the academy will flourish at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3
Posts : 2958
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-06

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:30 am

This is the stuff tht gets ppl into deep shit.Just stop whiles you're ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
avatar

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18
Posts : 786
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 22
Location : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:41 pm

The drama never dies,does it?Lols Kalin ure drunk,hazmah ure bad,nick go to bed its past 8pm

Srry

Had to say it one more time
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask.fm/DanCubano
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
avatar

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18
Posts : 786
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 22
Location : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:41 pm

PS:

BOW DOWN TO THE KING
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Striker
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 241
Reputation : -5
Join date : 2015-02-19
Age : 19
Location : burning abyss

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:33 am

KING_ATLAS wrote:
PS:

BOW DOWN TO THE KING


i mean, i would dish out a juicy warning for yah but ik u post once a year so, ima let dis slide lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
avatar

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18
Posts : 786
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 22
Location : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Bitch pls,check.im inmune to warnings
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1
Posts : 787
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2014-01-02
Location : Hell

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 am

Lol.gotta love Atlas
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northacademy.forummotion.com
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
avatar

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18
Posts : 786
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 22
Location : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:59 pm

KALIN
Pm me bromits been a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1
Posts : 787
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2014-01-02
Location : Hell

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:41 am

WAs gonna anyways lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northacademy.forummotion.com
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
avatar

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18
Posts : 786
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-20
Age : 22
Location : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:03 am

Gotta love how u posted a lesson just after i said u were 2 lazy 2 be a teacher <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1
Posts : 787
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2014-01-02
Location : Hell

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:04 am

Ikr,lol I was gonna do it after Christmas originally Smile

PS:join the Discord
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northacademy.forummotion.com
LightPhoenix
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 9001
Wins : -9001
Posts : 348
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-01-03

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:33 am

Id keep it going for the OG's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS   

Back to top Go down
 
UPDATE; POSTING ENABLES FOR EVERYONE & ACADEMY'S CURRENT STATUS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Laura's engagement ring - Update
» Academy Artwork for 1/350th Scale Admiral Graf Spee
» Eatos, Guardian of Chaos
» The use of cosmetics at Garderobe Academy [Mai-Otome]
» Duel Academy Regionals - Swiss Tournament, March 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North Academy :: Main Building :: Announcements-
Jump to: