North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Tutorial on your own (FF) deck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KcGanja
Tester
Tester
KcGanja

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:50 am

So first thing to do before you create, your own deck is to get familiar with its archtype and support:

Swallow
Level 5
ATK: 2000
DEF: 800
Card effect types: Summon, Trigger, Continues, Continues

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 3 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Trap Card directly from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Swallow" once per turn(continues). Face-up Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

Coyote
Level 5
ATK: 2000
DEF: 500
Card effect types: Summon

If you control a "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card, and no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Snake
Level 4
ATK: 1800
DEF: 600
Card effect types: Trigger, ignition

Once per turn, if a "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card(s) is sent to your Graveyard (except during the Damage Step): You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Trap Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn, if you control no other monsters: You can send 2 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard; draw 1 card.

Dragon
Level 4
ATK:1800
DEF:400
Card effect types: Trigger, ignition

Once per turn, if you activate a "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card (except during the Damage Step): You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Trap Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn: You can send 2 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard to target 1 "Fire Fist" monster in your Graveyard, except "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Dragon"; Special Summon that target.

Rhino
Level 4
ATK: 1700
DEF: 1400
Card effect types: quick

If a "Fire Fist" monster you control attacks or is attacked, during damage calculation (in either player's turn): You can send 1 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card you control and 1 "Fire Fist" monster from your hand to the Graveyard once per battle; your attacking/attacked monster gains ATK equal to the original ATK of the monster sent to the Graveyard, during damage calculation only.

Buffalo
Level 4
ATK:1700
DEF:1000
Card effect types: Ignition, condition

If this card is in your Graveyard: You can send a total of 2 "Fire Fist" / "Fire Formation" cards from your hand and/or face-up on your side of the field to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use the effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Buffalo" once per turn.

Bear
Level 4
ATK:1600
DEF:1200
Card effect types:Trigger, Ignition

Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

Gorilla
Level 4
DEF:1000

Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.

Caribou
Level 4
ATK:1100
DEF:2000
Card effect types:Trigger,trigger

During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was destroyed by a card effect and sent there this turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Fire Fist" monster from your Deck, except "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Caribou". If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a "Fire Fist" monster: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck.

Boar
Level 4
ATK:1100
DEF:1400
Card effect types:Condition, Trigger, Trigger

Cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a FIRE monster. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Fire Fist" monster from your Deck, except "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Boar". Once per turn, when a "Fire Fist" monster is Special Summoned from your Extra Deck: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck.

Rooster
Level 3
ATK:1500
DEF:100

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Fire Fist" monster: You can add 1 "Fire Fist" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Rooster" once per turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard; Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck.

Spirit
Level 3
ATK:500
DEF:200
Card effect types: Condition, Trigger, Condition, Condition

Cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Beast-Warrior-Type monster. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 3 FIRE monster with 200 or less DEF in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. If you do, you can only attack with Beast-Warrior-Type monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only use the effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit" once per turn.

Raven
Level 3
ATK:200
DEF:1800
Card effect types: Trigger, Continues

If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck. "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Cards you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Hawk
Level 3
ATK:200
DEF:1500
Card effect types: Trigger, Continues

If this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck. While you control a "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card, all "Fire Fist" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF.

Wolf
Level 3
ATK: 0
DEF: 1900

If this card is flipped face-up: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Trap Card directly from your Deck, then, if this card was Flip Summoned, you can also Set 1 "Fire formation" Spell Card directly from your Deck.

Leopard
Level 3
ATK: 0
Card effect types:Ignition, Condition

During your Main Phase, if this card was Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can Tribute 1 "Fire Fist" monster; Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. You can only use the effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Leopard" once per turn.

SYNCHRO

Kirin
Level 8
ATK:2000
DEF:2800
Card effect types:Trigger, Continues

1 FIRE Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Fire Fist" monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. All monsters your opponent controls lose 100 ATK for each face-up Spell/Trap Card you control.

Horse Prince
Level 6
ATK:2200
DEF:2200
Card effect types: Trigger, Condition

1 FIRE Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 FIRE monster from your Deck. After you Synchro Summon this card, you cannot Special Summon Level 5 or higher monsters for the rest of this turn.

XYZ

Tiger King
Rank 4
DEF:1800
Card effect types:Trigger, Ignition, Trigger

2 Level 4 Beast-Warrior-Type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can Set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effects of all face-up Effect Monsters currently on the field, except Beast-Warrior-Type, until the end of your opponent's turn. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can send 3 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Beast-Warrior-Type monsters with the same ATK from your Deck, in face-up Defense Position.

Cardinal
Rank 4
ATK:1800
DEF:2200
Card effect types:Ignition, Condition

2 Level 4 "Fire Fist" monsters

You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then target 2 "Fire Fist"/"Fire Formation" cards in your Graveyard and/or face-up on your side of the field, and 2 cards in your opponent's Graveyard and/or face-up on their side of the field; shuffle those targets into the Deck. You can only use the effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Cardinal" once per turn.

Lion Emperor
Rank 3
Card effect types:Ignition

2 Level 3 FIRE monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand, but you cannot Normal or Special Summon that monster, or a monster with the same name, for the rest of this turn.

Fire Formmation - tenki
Spell type: Continues

When this card is activated: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK. You can only activate 1 "Fire Formation - Tenki" per turn.

Fire Formmation - tensu
Spell type: continues

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Beast-Warrior-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

Fire Formmation - gyokkou

Activate this card by targeting 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate the targeted card in response to this card's activation. While this card is face-up on the field, that Set card cannot be activated. All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

Fire Formmation - yoko

When you activate this card, you can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; discard 1 Beast-Warrior-Type monster, and if you do, destroy that card. All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

Fire formation - Kaiyo

During the turn this card is activated, if a Beast-Warrior-Type monster you control attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. (This applies even if this card leaves the field.) All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Fire formation - tensen

When this card is activated: Target 1 Beast-Warrior-Type monster you control; it gains 700 ATK until the End Phase. (This ATK gain remains even if this card leaves the field.) All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Fire formation - tenken

Activate only during Main Phase 1. When this card is activated: Target 1 Beast-Warrior-Type monster you control; during this phase, its effects are negated, also it is unaffected by the effects of cards other than this card. (This applies even if this card leaves the field.) All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Coach Soldier Wolfbark
Level 4
DEF:1200
Card effect types: Ignition, Condition, Condition

You can target 1 Level 4 FIRE Beast-Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You can only use the effect of "Coach Soldier Wolfbark" once per turn.

Now that we have learned the cards we are going to be working with we can continue

These are the fire fist/fire formation spells traps, i also added Wolfbark, cause well it is a must be in a fire formation deck, instant rank 4 xyz. So much posibilities.

So i am gonna show you a most basic way to build your own FF fist deck.And since i prefer pure FF build i will do just that (but in the end you wont see my FF deck i run myself) LOL :DAnd since i jsut found out, space to write here is limited so i will post what decks i dueled vs, my first turn, and/or how/why i do that.

deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck Ff_na_10

The core of the FF deck definitely is Bear, Gorilla and Wolfbark. So as you can see they are at 3 each. Thx to effect and since it is a tuner Boar is at 2. cause of rooster great effects it is also at 2.

Spells - tenki is runned at 3 cause of the searcher ability. rest spells are run at 2 each.

Tenken and tensen are at 2 each. Kaiyo is at one, cause his eff isn't so great. And also one ultimate fire formation cause of its swarming ability but cause of its high cost it is kept as a last resort, cause if it fails, then it is hard to get back...

as for extra i have placed 2 ofveach syncro, and 3 of each xyz.

So what am i going to do is play 5 duels between each rebuild ( i would suggest 10-20 duels for best results, and to save time i will duel YGO NPC, but u should duel vs a real opponent in DN, match preffered).

So first duel is vs lightsworn:

Opening hand - tenki, dragon, yoko, wolfbark, gorilla, leopard

So first turn: i summon dragon,activate, tenki, add rooster to hand, use dragon effect to set tenken from deck.

In the end i lost first duel, had tiger on field, set tensen and gorilla in hand. Opponent had Orichinalos field spell, JD, Wulf, and a set card.

Second duel is vs turbo utopia:

I go second, opponent field - Nr 39: Utopia equped with ZW - Tornado Bringer.

oppening hand - rooster, tenki, tenken, gyokkou,bear and raven.

Basic would be to summon bear, activate tenki and use bear eff. But to flush out opponent veiler (if any) i summon rooster, use tenki, then use rooster eff, dump tenki and set yoko, use yoko eff, dump raven. And of course forget bout ZW - Tornado Bringer effect. At least now i know he don't have veiler. set tenken and gyokkou and end my turn. Why gyokkou, cause if i set only tenken, opponent can kill it, but if i set gyokkou i don't need RN then oppoent has 50/50% chanse to kill what i need RN.

And i won this battle, had on field tiger, bear, raven, hawk, gyokkou, tensen, 2 tenken and 1 tenki on field. Wolfbark in hand.

Here i start to think about dumping out hawk, cause FF kind of don't need that 500 ATK eff boost, and it is hard to make that eff in play and save hawk on field.So thinking bout dumping him.

Third duel is vs ele heroes:

I go second, opponent field - Prisma

Oppening hand - tensu, buffalo, coyote, spirit, rooster, swallow.

First turn, i activate tensu, SS coyote, normal summon spirit and rooster. since prisma is only thing on thefield i go for ATK. Lucky for me opponent had nth to counter with, but even if he would SS gorz, i go into M2, use rooster eff to dump tensu and set tensen from deck, SS kirin in DEF and use hsi effect to set tenken from deck. EP

And i win, had Rooster, Bear, tensen and tenki on field. Dragon and boar in hand.

Almost lost cause didn't had 3rd tensen, thinking bout adding it, and what to dump for it.

Forth duel is vs karakuri:

I go first, opening hand - rhino, tensu, tenki, tensen, boar and yoko. So i summon rhino, activate tenki, add buffalo to hand, so i can dmp him for rhino effect. set yoko and tensen. Just like before, yoko for opponents trap removal. And EP.

This duel i won with having Horse prince, tiger, rooster and cardinal, tenki and tensu on field and caribou in hand.

During this duel i liked how horse prince got me my second rooter from deck to field. Perhaps i should focus on lvl 3 FF deck?

Fifth duel is vs dragunity(last format):

i go second, opponent field: 1 set card, dagon ravinge, and dux on field.

My oppening hand - bear, tenki,yoko, tensu, boar and snake. so first i wanna try to flush out that FD of his, so i activate yoko, and dump snake to destroy dux. use tenki to get caribou to hand, summon boar, use tensu to summon caribou, ATK with both. and finally summon kirin, use kirin to set tenken. use caribou eff to set gyokkou, use gyokkou on that set card opponent still has.

I win this one with having on my side of the field - bear, cardinal, kirin, tenken, kaiyo, tensu, gyokkou and tenki.

This duel i liked the protection kirin can offer, but that just ain't my style...

Within these 5 duels i have understood basic concept of FF, now to start taking out dead cards for me in these 5 duels, they weren't many, that is why u should duel at least 10-15 times, write every card is dead every turn, and see what u don't need.

So for me those were cards like swallow, snake, raven, hawk, 1 yoko. so i take them out...
that is 5 cards, that's many, for best results don't do anything recklessly, u should adjust cards after every 10-15 duels by max up to 3 cards.

Now i rethink the duels i had, and think how i want my deck to go, on what to focus... i really liked Horse Prince ability to SS rooster from deck and replace FF spell/trap on field to something more appropriate at that moment. So i think i will try to see how that works for me.

Since i also intend to keep this build as clean as i can, then i will have to focus on lvl 3 FF monsters. lvl 3 tuner is spirit, too bad he is limited. Will have to think about something on how to re-use him from grave. After think for a while i noticed answer right in front of my nose. And it is rank 3 Lion Emperor. That is settled, now what to add into our free 5 spots..

deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck Ff_na_11

I remember i needed 3rd tensen so i try to add that, also opponents run a lot of backrow, for safety resons i think i will add also 3rd tenken. I since i place my
focus on horse prince i also add 3rd rooster, also add 1 leopard and 1 wolf.

deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck Ff_na_12

So many monsters, 24, 8 spells, 8 traps. Gotta do something... But what ? Will have to duel another set of duels to find out.

But not to make this lesson TOO LONG (i know it is too late), i will skip this part, and go on the results...

This time i take out 1 dragon, 1 gorilla, 1 boar, 1 leopard and 1 wolfbark. Now what to place in their place, i try to add 3rd tensu, 2nd yoko and 2nd kaiyo, i still have 2 free spots, and i am still thinking on what to add. I start to think out side the FF box. I check YGO searcher for every card, that has words "fire" or "beast-warrior" in it's text. I stumble upon fire kings. 2 sweet spells, Circle and Onslaught. i add 1 onslaught and 1 circle spell.

Now i do the duels again, see what i don't like, this time for me it is 1 yoko, 1 kaiyo. and now i got 2 spots, with that circle spell i easily enough got 3 horse princes in 1 duel i think i will add 2 more.

deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck Ff_na_13

Now as for extra and side deck i wont post HM and what to add, that is your deck, and your signature, it is all up to you...

Now i am dueling fast, and i like this deck, now i am not afraid to even SD duel with it, so then when i think it is ready, i use it in my next shadow duel, (not for win) and if everything goes great i will use it as my main,

And this is how u can make ur own FF or any other deck for that matter.

But with that nothing stops, u gotta do something every time your starting go get lose streaks... Remember no deck is perfect, but every deck has a chance, but if your starting to have matches where u cant do anything no matter what, think on how u can improve and hide the weak spots.

Hope You liked it, and it was worth your while, good luck and have fun Wink

There is no use to copy this deck, it still has work to be done on it, it is more for example, and if i have missed something pelase let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
KcGanja
Tester
Tester
KcGanja

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 am

Hey, sorry for double posting as stuff, but...

After i was done with this lesson, i rushed it in the end and therefore i don't like, dk bout you, but i know how to do this, and i can promise you all ,that next lesson i am going to start something that also for me is new, and i know you will like it...

But sorry about this lesson, that at least in my opinion is very bad, and hard to read... Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Good guide Kc Smile VERY in depth
Back to top Go down
! Prince
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:36 pm

I have this marked to ready, lol. I lol'd really hard because when you said "pure fire fist deck" I didn't think it would literally be a pure fire fist deck.
Back to top Go down
KcGanja
Tester
Tester
KcGanja

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 2:41 am

Well thats what i prefer in FF, and MY FF also is pure, except for bout 3-4 cards.

But that is how i prefer it, everyone got theyr own style Wink
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 am

I agree the fire king cards are very good in it. 6 cards are not fire fist so that in my opinion still makes it a pure fire fis deck. The six cards are one onslaught 3 circle and 2 coach soldier wolfbark
Back to top Go down
Tiger9866
Chaos White
Chaos White
Tiger9866

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:16 am

man i just read this lesson today XD
Back to top Go down
KcGanja
Tester
Tester
KcGanja

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:37 am

lol, cool, making new one though, i know i gotta post once a week, but i wont, i will take 2 weeks, i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on your own (FF) deck   deck - Tutorial on your own (FF) deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial on your own (FF) deck
Page 1 of 1