North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?

Go down 
+2
RustyGloves
patrick1324
6 posters
AuthorMessage
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? Empty
PostSubject: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:20 am

please reply to answer
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:21 am

Chaos. Any form of Chaos.
Back to top Go down
!~Rabbit~!

!~Rabbit~!

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:23 am

I'd be tempted to respond with Nekroz, considering they have reigned over the meta for a couple of formats now (3 I believe)
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 am

luster_beast_luke wrote:
I'd be tempted to respond with Nekroz, considering they have reigned over the meta for a couple of formats now (3 I believe)

More like 1 and a half. Nekroz only came out like february. Let's not count this format since Nekroz have lost a bit of their edge and now are no longer the undisputed top dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm not sure there is a particular archetype that has reigned for a considerable amount of time, more so than any other, I would probably agree with RustyGloves, I mean when I started playing more seriously instead of starter decks with friends, Six Sam was reigning for a fair while when they got their synchro and XYZ and gateway was still about? I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
INUZIRO

Losses : 0
Wins : 2

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:29 pm

most would say shadds and BAs seeing as t hey have been topping since last ywar.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Trent's be reking since 06.But Komoney thought nah we can't let Trent do all the work.So yeah...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 6:11 am

INUZIRO wrote:
most would say shadds and BAs seeing as t hey have been topping since last ywar.

I don't see much BA on DN anymore, they seem to be dying down on DN, at least for me anyway, which is surprising because they're not bad. :3
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 6:27 am

SatellarKnights?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:40 am

I don't think they're really reigning as META are they? I mean, I hardly see anyone playing them, but that's just from my own experiences, so they could be. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:20 am

chaos has been relevant since 04,enough said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 am

Kalin Kessler wrote:
chaos has been relevant since 04,enough said

Chaos isn't really an archetype though is it? Though I guess it's the closest it's going to get. xD
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:08 am

My answer seems to be more of a cop out answer than anything. If you want a legitimate archetype that has reigned for the longest time, it's Dragon Rulers.

Why? Dragon Rulers have reigned for an entire YEAR and then some. Sure, you can say they were only dominant for two formats, but considering how long they made formats after March 2013 it's safe to assume that Dragon Rulers have been reigning the longest AS AN ARCHETYPE.

If you're asking for just how long a deck's been meta, it's either Mermail or Dragon Rulers. Not sure about Mermail but I'm fairly certain they've been a meta deck, not always a top tier deck, but a meta deck nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 12:25 pm

I think that's probably the best answer to be honest, I mean they got hit so hard because of how good they were, and how long they were going for, even when they were at 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 2:12 pm

rusty but think,chaos was at one point COMPLETELY banned,bls,soceror and ced were all gone,scourges tbh were just a sad attempt to revive it.They to an extent are a pseudo-archetype.They got cards that support the theme but no mention of an archetype name.Yes Drulers reigned a year.
Chaos reigned for 3 before it was nuked then reverted to a support role like it is now.But even then,Drulers are a series too.See archetype is too narrow minded in yugioh unlike Pokemon(not the tcg bs)But thats a whole nother topic.True archetype archetype tho,cough cough Mermail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Kalin Kessler wrote:
rusty but think,chaos was at one point COMPLETELY banned,bls,soceror and ced were all gone,scourges tbh were just a sad attempt to revive it.They to an extent are a pseudo-archetype.They got cards that support the theme but no mention of an archetype name.Yes Drulers reigned a year.
Chaos reigned for 3 before it was nuked then reverted to a support role like it is now.But even then,Drulers are a series too.See archetype is too narrow minded in yugioh unlike Pokemon(not the tcg bs)But thats a whole nother topic.True archetype archetype tho,cough cough Mermail.

I would agree with you about Chaos if it was an official archetype, but seeing as we're talking about archetypes, then D-Rulers would probably be the best answer. You have got a point with the Chaos, just wish it was an archetype. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Im gonna go ahead and say qliphorts
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Kalin Kessler wrote:

I already mentioned Chaos in my previous answer if you didn't look. Since Chaos isn't really an archetype but more of a collective of Dark and Light cards (most common archetype within the deck is Lightsworn), I said Dragon Rulers. Mermails, if we're talking just how long they've been meta, are clearly the longest running meta deck in YGO's History.

Phantom wrote:
Im gonna go ahead and say qliphorts

They've only been around for like 5-6 months. Mermails and Dragon Rulers were around significantly longer than them.
Back to top Go down
Tiger9866
Chaos White
Chaos White
Tiger9866

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 3:21 am

There is none that they long for meta bcoz the yugioh company will make more broken card eff and meta , for me all deck is the same xD just whether u can monopolized it or not only
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 6:14 am

if no meta, then we will not feel fun after we defeat a meta right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:22 am

Tiger9866 wrote:
There is none that they long for meta bcoz the yugioh company will make more broken card eff and meta , for me all deck is the same xD just whether u can monopolized it or not only

You're back..? O.O It's been so long since I've seen you on here. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?   which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time? Empty

Back to top Go down

which archetype had become a meta deck for the longest time?
Page 1 of 1