North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Aetherstone's Results

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning

Aetherstone's Results Empty
PostSubject: Aetherstone's Results   Aetherstone's Results EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:39 am

Deck -

Tester: Constellar
Testee: Qli (Including SECE support)

Attitude -10/10
He was very pleasant.

Deck Build - 19/25
The deck plays as it should, with a couple new additions from Secrets of Eternity, however, the build could use more work. Looking at it, it seems you play 3 Shell, 2 Disk, and 1 Alias. I suggest strongly you rework your ratios to 3 Disk, 2 Alias, and 1 Shell instead due to the fact that Disk is the main otk enabler (the reason many Qli players don't play Towers) and is better than Shell because it brings out monsters for you to XYZ with. Bumping Alias to 2 is a recommendation you don't have to follow through, but because you can use it in conjunction with Carrier as a locked chain (meaning your opponent can't respond to it), it would be wise to keep it at this. Another suggestion I bring is playing Grudge of the Monarchs along with maindecking The Monarchs Stormforth, mostly because almost the entire deck follows the needed requirement of Grudge, allowing you to grab Stormforth to whipe your opponent's board. Lastly for the main deck, play Maxx "C" if you find BA being a problem. This is another reactive "trap" to their plays, most likely preventing them from continuing if you're plusing.

The Side looks normal if you're planning to keep Stormforth in the side, but a few things need to be pointed out. Dimensional Fissure doesn't work for you in the idea you want it to, because after your monsters (and not Pendulum Zone cards) get sent to the grave as they would, they won't go back to the extra deck and instead due to effects superseding mechanics will be banished. Play a third Stormforth/Soul Drain for that and the other concern is Fairy Wind. I recommend playing Spell Shattering Arrow/Twister/Dust Tornado as alternatives because then you risk your own cards being destroyed.

Lastly the extra. I know this isn't something you go into that often, but I strongly suggest putting useful card to help you like Cairngorgon, Abyss Dweller, and Giant Hand to name a few because believe it or not you do sometimes go into the extra.

TL;DR - Drop Shell to 1, Bump Disk and Alias up 1, think about Grudge of the Monarchs and Stormforth main deck/Maxx C main deck for BA. Side needs to drop Fissure and Fairy Wind for cards that do the same w/o hurting your own board, and play useful cards in your Extra.

11 for competitveness, 8 for synergy

Skill - 33/40
It doesn't seem like you had enough main deck answers for my threats, as you were not able to respond to what I had on the board. Siding was appropriate except for the Fissure, which would've been a problem for you. You seemed to be focused on playing through the Towers play and gaming, but be prepared for any random honest attacks and keep on the look out for my traps like warning, torrential, or bottomless.

6 for control of duel,9 for siding and side deck, 18 for focus(did they rush their plays, did they think carefully, how many misplays)

Ruling knowledge - 5/10

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
pass is north

Misplays and Corrections - 8/10: The Fissure siding was a misplay on your part for the match. It hurts your deck and doesn't actually do anything to mine other than lose monsters from torrential/raigeki.

Result of Duel - 2/5 (0/20 for winning no duels, 2/5 for losing 2-1, 3/5 for winning 2-1 and 5/5 for winning 2-0)

Total: 77/100
Don't be too harsh or too easy on them on each of the above methods of testing.

Slifer Red 0-69
Ra Yellow 70-89
Obelisk Blue 90-100

Banned decks: alternative win, burn, troll deck, deck destruction,
Additional note: Do not use otk decks as it may hurt your skill score... in order for the testers to assess your skill the duel needs to last long.

Welcome to Ra Yellow.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Aetherstone's Results   Aetherstone's Results EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:43 am

Welcome to NA
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Aetherstone's Results   Aetherstone's Results EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 pm

nice results Very Happy

I hope you will hav alot of fun here and i hope to see ou around Very Happy
Hafe fun and welcome to NA one of the best academys ever made
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Aetherstone's Results   Aetherstone's Results EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Welcome, as always my army *ahem her hee hooo ha* I mean uh dorm grows. I shall be your dorm leader, and as stated above me, welcome to one of the best academies for dueling ever made!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aetherstone's Results   Aetherstone's Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Aetherstone's Results
Page 1 of 1