North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?

Go down 
+6
patrick1324
DLNC4444
Tetsuya Kuroko
KING_ATLAS
INUZIRO
Chaz92
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaz92
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz92

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning

deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  Empty
PostSubject: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Ok, In my endless effort to make my Junk/Synchron deck atleast competitive. I've discovered that it's so freaking hard to do man! Like any ideas would be greatly appreciated lol. But yeah just kind of makes me wonder why do some decks seem like they're outdated? And is it possible to take a low tier deck and actually turn it competitive?
Back to top Go down
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
INUZIRO

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 2

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:33 pm

well i mean, now that bulb is at 1 running the plant engine in synchrons is viable, like truelly viable, speed is of essense in the here and now so hopefully, in the near future we get noden in tcg, and then u can run instant fusion to just run amok and make complete and total mayhem with synchrons those of which id experiment combining,
Back to top Go down
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:05 pm

The junk/shync deck is totally playable,if u get it right u can get a low tier 2 deck,or higher,Adding the lonefirex2+spore+dandylon+bulb to ur junk deck its really good 4 ur speed,if u get the right cards this deck is able to get quasar in 1 turn and go super+
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
INUZIRO

Losses : 0
Wins : 2

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 pm

KING_ATLAS wrote:
The junk/shync deck is totally playable,if u get it right u can get a low tier 2 deck,or higher,Adding the lonefirex2+spore+dandylon+bulb to ur junk deck its really good 4 ur speed,if u get the right cards this deck is able to get quasar in 1 turn and go super+
what i said lol, shorter lol
Back to top Go down
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:23 pm

https://i.imgur.com/lv4XC1j.png
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Tetsuya Kuroko
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Tetsuya Kuroko

Warnings : Banned
Location : Either sleeping, at my laptop on the couch or bed or playing basketball.

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:12 pm

They still suck ass
Back to top Go down
DLNC4444
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
DLNC4444

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:47 pm

u can make most decks be able to compete its the question of being able to compete on a consistant level to compete at consistant level u really have to play a tier 1 to high tier 2 deck of the format. You can take a deck like junk syc and play but u have to find u a way to counter the meta in your main deck to do so
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:40 pm

junk deck still have some support cards still not released yet....... junk deck will become better^^
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Look, as an enthusiast of rogue decks, im gonna explain it the best way i can.
When looking at the playability of a deck, you have to look at a few things.
Consistency; Does this deck constantly do what it was intended to do? Without overextending? Does what the deck accomplishes have value vs what is normal during (insert current format)? You gotta realize that times change and so do both the styles of play and the availability of cards. If the deck is making sub-par plays even when you get the nuts then it may be time to reconsider your approach.
Speed; Does this deck take a lot of time to set up? Can it explode from turn one?(see consistency) Is it reliant on one aspect of play, or can it switch styles if necessary? If your deck is monster reliant then the best thing to do is to get to them faster and make sure they keep their individual values as plays. If it's spell/trap reliant then the best thing to do is to make your few monsters count.
Relativity; You dont have to be a master to know that some cards have literally just lost all relevance. Some have their gimmicky uses still today but for the most part the past remains in the past. If you're using sub-par versions of cards we have better versions of, you're missing out on stuff (example; Seven tools vs wiretap. ) If your deck's boss monster does things that 90% of decks literally just play around then this is also a sign that it might be time to change.

These are just a few of the things i keep in mind when i pick a rogue deck to investigate. If the deck still does great stuff and has access to unique options then you just have to find a style of play that makes it work for you. I always wanted to try hunders but they depend on s/t support to protect whatever they make and run out of monsters quickly in pure build. So what did i do to fix this? I spliced in Batteries(9v and micro cell) so that pa/ma always had a partner that searches himself. I spliced in artifacts so that they had beaters and some bluff s/t options(Since hunders dont present a big threat on their own people generally go after your backrow and artifacts expound on that).
Just yesterday this same deck beat shadollsworn in rated match.
deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  LxWblGJ
Back to top Go down
Jason Tempest Grace

Jason Tempest Grace

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:13 pm

One word
ZOMBIESSS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:21 pm

DLNC4444 wrote:
u can make most decks be able to compete its the question of being able to compete on a consistant level to compete at consistant level u really have to play a tier 1 to high tier 2 deck of the format. You can take a deck like junk syc and play but u have to find u a way to counter the meta in your main deck to do so

yea pretty much what devin said,you just have to know a deck well like devin with fk,BU with mermail,Gabe with books,hell i could go on rattling off ppl.key thing they all have in common,all have been in wars and seen the meta so much its become kinda like a blur
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:10 pm

It's true. Part of knowing which rogue decks to bother with is to know what is going on with the meta.
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:21 am

Eh DLNC i disagree dawg you can play tier low 2 - low 3 and still compete DNF level consistently
Back to top Go down
bayar16
Admin
Admin
bayar16

Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 7:53 am

ever heard of gogogos beating shaddolls? so yes u can make it but you will have a tuff time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?    deck - Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking a rogue deck and making it good......Is it possible?
Page 1 of 1