North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

North Academy...New Server?

Go down 
+14
RustyGloves
LightPhenix
Phantom
LightPhoenix
patrick1324
KZane
Thetia
duelking11
Mani
*Judgment Dragon*
B@TMAN
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
hazmah
EbilKid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you agree with this move?
Yes
North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap74%North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 74% [ 17 ]
No
North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 4

North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

North Academy might be moving to a new place. we might be using a whole new server. We're going to leave forummotion, perhaps forever.

http://northacademy.infinitygrounds.com/

This is the new academy link. Of course it isn't done yet. But this is how it is shaping.

What do you all think of this? Do you approve moving?

Your comment is very important, fatal and crucial to the fate of this academy. Please state your reasons as well to why you want the academy to move or to not move.

Thank you.

Note:vote canceling is allowed
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phantom
Founder
Founder
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:19 am

UPDATE: The poll now allows vote canceling, members may now change their votes if they wish, my apologies for the inconvenience.

~administration
Back to top Go down
LightPhenix

LightPhenix

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:23 am

Impersonator wrote:
I said no because it's just a HUGE loss to data, peoples DP, their shops, their signatures and custom ranks, redoing the codes, remaking everything they've done, everything.
A huge loss to the Data?
People's DP: Do you truly care that much about Virtual Points? In all honesty, I've thought of restarting this from the beginning, to give the site a new spark, making them motivated to do something again for the forum. Hell, we can even re-give to the people after the moving.
Shops: Those can easily be remade.
Signatures: You can also add signatures on IPB, fyi.
Customs Ranks: Those can ALSO be re-done.
Code: I'd like more elaboration on that.
Remaking everything: Well, that's the only thing I can see that'd make some sense. Starting anew will surely be long and difficult. Yes, things will have to be remade for this, but if the members and the staff alikes puts efforts in it, then, nothing major will be lost really.

Impersonator wrote:
You only started working on it? There's like 20 members there, and like, 9 of them were test accounts and were deleted. It doesn't matter if you're only staarting on it now, you'll still have to do every single member individually. We've been running it fine here so far.
Of course we recently only started working on it. Yes, there's probably 20 members and about half of them were test accounts that were deleted. Now, guess why? Because we want the best for the community and as less bugs as possible, while making everything better.
Why would we have to do every single member individually? They can simply remake their accounts, in all honesty.

Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:23 am

This dispute is stupid members shouldn't be allowed to descide this anyway it's not like they are paying for it... There are pros and cons to the move and no matter what everybody is gonna favor one or the other but in the end its the people that matter not the design or the new chat box the forum is all about being with your friends and enjoying yourselves together
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Losses : 2
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:24 am

give the new NA a shot, if we cant handle shit ir if there are too many problems we return to the old na, IF not, then we stay in the new NA

fair enough?
Back to top Go down
Thetia
Impersonator
Impersonator
Thetia

Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:25 am

No, as in, it actually appears in the chat directed at the person, like whispering in other games, but you can still see it, so it's LESS secure than the PM type we have here. The only way the admins get these ones is to hack your account.
Back to top Go down
LightPhenix

LightPhenix

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:26 am

Impersonator wrote:
But JD, that chat is so stupid. Not only are people fooled into thinking no one can see their private CB pm's, but people don't realise the admins can still see what they're saying, so it's not much better than fourmations PM.
We're not hiding anything, really. Yes, we can log on your accounts. Yes, we can check everything that's happening in the chatbox, not limited to, but including your private conversation with someone. However, unless you give us a REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY good reason to do so (trust me on this), we will not do it. After all, it is still a private conversation.
Back to top Go down
Thetia
Impersonator
Impersonator
Thetia

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:30 am

That's promote insecurity though, certain members need the privacy, due to numerous reasons. Not to mention if it;s specifically MEANT to be private, the admins can still see it.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

Losses : 1
Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 am

Don't give us a reason to see it and we won't. If you want something private and it does not break the rules we set out and it has no association with breaking any of the rules, then it will STAY private between you and that other member.
Back to top Go down
Thetia
Impersonator
Impersonator
Thetia

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:32 am

How would you actually know if it breaks the rules though?
Back to top Go down
LightPhenix

LightPhenix

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:33 am

Impersonator wrote:
How would you actually know if it breaks the rules though?
I trust in you guys to not do stupid thing, so we don't have to use this. This is a last resort tool.
Back to top Go down
LightPhoenix
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LightPhoenix

Losses : 9001
Wins : -9001

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:46 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
We haven't moved to an IPB forum before and paid for such a good service.

I said move, and your wrong cause we have moved to NA to somewhere other then Fourmotion before tht we had to pay for to keep the site on there.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:48 am

Was it offering such a good service like IPB does?
Back to top Go down
LightPhoenix
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LightPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:51 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
Was it offering such a good service like IPB does?

Tbh i forget ask phantom or kalin they should know
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 am

I highly doubt it, otherwise we would be using that place and not IPB.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:53 am

^ If this was better then I doubt Phantom, Kalin and Celes would choose new place over this.
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:37 am

My opinion doesn't matter, but I voted no simply bc of a decision that was made while I was admin. Ebil even stated something along the lines of there being no point to moving if the old forum is fine as is. I already understand the reasons behind moving though, so at this point the vote is kind of negligible.

Still, if we were to come to the understanding that we made this decision a while back and said no, I still say no on this simply because there's nothing wrong with staying here for now. This isn't me being ignorant, but it's me just putting my opinion forth. Granted moving to the new site would probably be better if the condition was that the site was running up on its contract (a.k.a. lack of revenue means no affordability to maintain this site anymore), but that's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:38 am

The paid amount that Kalin paid runs out in a few weeks which is another reason for the move.
Back to top Go down
LightPhoenix
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LightPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 am

RustyGloves wrote:
My opinion doesn't matter, but I voted no simply bc of a decision that was made while I was admin. Ebil even stated something along the lines of there being no point to moving if the old forum is fine as is. I already understand the reasons behind moving though, so at this point the vote is kind of negligible.

Still, if we were to come to the understanding that we made this decision a while back and said no, I still say no on this simply because there's nothing wrong with staying here for now. This isn't me being ignorant, but it's me just putting my opinion forth. Granted moving to the new site would probably be better if the condition was that the site was running up on its contract (a.k.a. lack of revenue means no affordability to maintain this site anymore), but that's just my 2 cents.

agreeded with
Back to top Go down
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
Kalin Kessler

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:53 pm

Ok,so I'm guessing people wanna hear what my thoughts are.For starters,this did come up earlier as Rusty said.To be honest,I kinda have been wanted to move the academy for awhile now.My reasons are to some yes dumb,others they make sense.I'm not paying for for a shit forum server anymore.It's disgusting and to be honest disrespectful to you guys.I said I would do what is best for the acad.This place to be honest is just lacking somewhere.I've posted several times asking what people wanted.Some posted,others just didn't.But anyways the chat system helps immensely,we can draw in people who don't DN easier.The newer forum yes an admin can check but we're not the fucking NSA,unless I get report,idgaf if y'all have a semi murder party.Not really but yea.Plus there's load more perks for members.But thats concerning some things.questions,pm me
Back to top Go down
https://northacademy.forummotion.com
Thetia
Impersonator
Impersonator
Thetia

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:22 am

I actually have changed my mind, the place DOES look nice, the coding is easier, and you paid for it, so it'd be dumb for it to go to waste. Not to mention that a LOT of joined members are gonna be gone forever, as we all know, there's 1490 people in the academy at the time i'm sending this. At least 1100 of them are not coming back, it just wastes space, of course there's memories here, but the people are gone, we have say 20-30 active people out of 1490, which is good, I suppose. So it's good if we move, it's like starting anew, a bit, and EVERYONE there will be active, like they are here, there will be no people who join and never log on. Of course the DP and ranks and what not will be hard to do, but it's worth it in the end, right? It has no theme now and it STILL looks nice. I mean, there's no reason to stay here anymore.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:57 am

I'm glad you've changed your mind and seen things from our point of view. Smile
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:18 am

without the need of a hun in the muth too~! = )
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Losses : 2
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:46 am

Looks like we are moving along with time since its 2016....

....memories.... il miss this NA
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:12 am

Will we keep our shit, as in will we keep our 100 posts neccessary for AD dorm?
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Losses : 0
Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 11:50 am

hazmah wrote:
Will we keep our shit, as in will we keep our 100 posts neccessary for AD dorm?

Everything will be the same hazmah. I don't think anything would change unless it's necessary or we come up with something better. At the moment, everything is the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Academy...New Server?   North Academy...New Server? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

North Academy...New Server?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next