North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Good anime/manga to watch/read?

Go down 
+5
duelking11
Mani
hazmah
*Judgment Dragon*
Blue
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well does anyone know any good anime/manga to watch/read? My criteria would be
-Power like magic or Qi.
-No Harem, but still romance with 1 girl.
-School.
-Badass mc and not a wimp or pussy. Edit: I don't mind if he's a wimp or pussy at first, as long as he develops and has suitable character development.
-Little to no comedy. I actually don't mind comedy as long as it's not cheap comedy or things that aren't funny. But it shouldn't be a big part of the anime/manga, just like a side dish.
-If it's a manga I want it to be something with at least 50 chapters done. If it's an anime I'd want it to have 12 at least.
-I don't mind if it's manga, manhua or manwha.
Genres: Action, Adventure, School, Romance, Magic/Martial Arts, Fantasy.

It doesn't have to have all of the genres but it MUST have magic/martial arts, Fantasy, romance and action. No Yaoi or Yuri though.

Last edited by The Troller on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:00 pm

They are obviously not choosing to try if they'll just post their favourites, and I'm not saying I don't appreciate it. However, I actually want to find an anime to watch to my liking.
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. You might not like it at first bc it appears to be a harem, but maybe around episode 4 it focuses on just one relationship. There's some humor, but the overall tone is pretty serious.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

Losses : 1
Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:43 pm

The Troller wrote:
They are obviously not choosing to try if they'll just post their favourites, and I'm not saying I don't appreciate it. However, I actually want to find an anime to watch to my liking.

Well like I said, I've only watched two, and I loved them both, so I suggested them. Razz
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:03 pm

You've only watched 2?...
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:11 pm

I've only watched 2 anime's, Elfen Lied and Claymore.

I'm not counting Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! Because I've only seen up until the end of yugi moto's time in it, and a few pokemon episodes.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:13 pm

RustyGloves wrote:
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. You might not like it at first bc it appears to be a harem, but maybe around episode 4 it focuses on just one relationship. There's some humor, but the overall tone is pretty serious.
Read the manga. Might watch the anime, depends on mood.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Ouran High School Host Club, is good according to my girlfriend? xD
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:13 pm

If you are a girl xDDDD I really couldn't sit trough it tho xD
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:49 am

JD, all you're doing is just spamming anime. That fit 1/4 of my MUST criteria. I'm not going to watch something where it's centred around romance. You could tell from my list that I wanted action not something with drama or focused on romance.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:05 am

chill down xD, he tries to help you (just watch fma Very Happy xD)
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:09 am

I give up. So ungrateful.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:15 am

*sighs* I'm not ungrateful, you're just not listening. It's as if I'm talking to someone putting their fingers in their ear and saying lalalalalala. You gave me a random anime with almost nothing to do with the original post. It's Harem, and obviously centred around Drama/Romance. No action, fantasy, magic or anything of the sort in that anime. It's as good as spamming the topic. If that makes you think of me as ungrateful, then go ahead cos I'm that type of person. I know a lot of "good" anime that I haven't watched, however I want to read/watch something that follows the criteria or genres I put forth. Is it that hard to just listen/read? Blue, cos of your repeated recommendation I'll probably try it. I also heard one of the openings in for FMAB and luved it.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:24 am

Like I said, I'm not big on anime, I'm just suggesting what I've been told or have watched. If you want to be picky as hell and then use that to say "You're spamming because it doesn't meet my criteria", instead of just going "It doesn't meet the type of thing I want to watch, but thanks anyway", then that is you being ungrateful. No one HAS to help you, no one is working for you and you're not paying anyone to hunt out anime for you, we're going out of our way to suggest things to you, and I'm starting to regret doing that, due to your attitude towards people who suggested things that didn't manage to meet your criteria.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:31 am

I never said anyone had to and I'm grateful to those who've tried, however when someone has no knowledge about anime I'd expect him to keep quiet and not try to talk about something he doesn't understand. What you're doing is similar to me trying to tell you about music, when I have no idea what octave, pitch, melody, rhythm or notes are. I'd rather have someone who has no knowledge of the topic just not talk, then say random things that don't help me. If you want me to say thanks, then thanks. You happy now? Probably not as you know I don't mean it, where I wouldn't have really meant it if you said random anime.

Now, enough fighting. We are getting off topic, and as an admin I'd expect you to uphold the rules and not break them. If you want to argue, pm me on NA or DN and stop posting here. It's kinda ironic as you've posted in a topic or two before that they should stop posting things irrelevant lmfao.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:33 am

Sigh... I'm sorry you feel that way.
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:26 pm

I think another one you might like if you haven't watched it yet is Yu Yu Hakusho. idk if it counts as a "School" anime, but imo it's pretty underrated.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:15 am

Ah, yea. I've been putting it off considering how old it was, and how some old anime are popular even though they aren't that good. However I'll probably try watching it.
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:08 am

I like how everybody gives you random anime that doesen't fit your criteria but you're only pissed about JD xD
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:32 am

duelking11 wrote:
I like how everybody gives you random anime that doesen't fit your criteria but you're only pissed about JD xD
I like how you're trying to piss me off. It's obvious that I didn't want to insult others and didn't want to start unneccessary animosity.
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:11 am

The Troller wrote:
duelking11 wrote:
I like how you're trying to piss me off. It's obvious that I didn't want to insult others and didn't want to start unneccessary animosity.

lol tbh at this point I think I'm the only one that's trying to match that criteria XD

though tbf the "School" part of your requirements is kind of limiting considering how a lot of school stuff is generally geared towards "Slice of Life" (granted there are a lot that include magical powers and whatnot), but I guess I just don't know that many lol

PS: I wouldn't say Yu Yu Hakusho was as popular back in the day as it was compared to the other things coming out, especially with stuff like DBZ and such
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:41 am

Yeh I know it wasn't as popular, but still very popular. Though I don't know how people like DBZ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good anime/manga to watch/read?   Good anime/manga to watch/read? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good anime/manga to watch/read?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2