North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

The Story Behind Your Name

Go down 
+17
DanelerH
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
hazmah
*Judgment Dragon*
Magers39
Hexoc-Shade
(RPFC) Shiki
Blue
stardust-savior
Rissy
Mani
Hero
Shameless
Neko
Flailier
Thetia
EbilKid
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 4

The Story Behind Your Name Empty
PostSubject: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:15 am

Well, I thought why not have some fun like the good old days, so I decided to make this topic.

So yeah, as the topic says, let's here the story behind your name how did you choose it?

I'll begin: There was this game called Dragon Fable which had a little cutie called Zorbak and he used to use the word "ebil" a lot instead of evil, so did I in real life. xD And yeah, it became EbilKid.

What's the story behind your name?
Back to top Go down
Thetia
Impersonator
Impersonator
Thetia

Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:46 am

There's no story behind DivineLight, but, for Thetia, it was when I joined my first academy, VDA, I was gonna use something from the Greek alphabet, but I spelled Theta wrong, and it stuck xD. That's also the same for Zeta
Back to top Go down
Flailier

Flailier

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 7:01 am

Welp my first names were nothing just my Dn Clan name+My irl name+Random numbers.

But the one i handle now called Flailier has a back story.

You see i was not good at MMORPG's but i liked them.Therewas a super good game called AQW.I was preety sure i was gonna suck.So i just put this name.I was originally named Failier,then some of my acc's in other accunts in other games got banned so i changed the name to a more misspelled one,that you know is Flailier.So that is it.Hope you like it.

One more thing i got another game name called Bl00dyAssasin.It's just a parody to my big brother ingame name thats Bl00dHunter.

So those are my names.

(Note:Ebil knows AQW cuz it is from the same company Dragon fable is.And i knew why his name was ebil.Henever told me but i knew.)
Back to top Go down
Neko
NOOB
Neko

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 2
Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 8:19 am

Well, the story behind my name is actually rather long, so I'll give you all the short version. I was in a massively large rp (I used to RP a lot, years back) and someone said I was very cat-like, so she started referring to me as a "Neko". Eventually, it evolved to being my DN name and yeah.
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 am

Dark histories surround this name of mine, including why it's also my legitimate nickname.

However, this post is just to be a post. Adds counts to the ranking for this forum.

Last edited by Shameless on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 am

I was an accident
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Losses : 0
Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 11:31 am

Flailier wrote:
Welp my first names were nothing just my Dn Clan name+My irl name+Random numbers.

But the one i handle now called Flailier has a back story.

You see i was not good at MMORPG's but i liked them.Therewas a super good game called AQW.I was preety sure i was gonna suck.So i just put this name.I was originally named Failier,then some of my acc's in other accunts in other games got banned so i changed the name to a more misspelled one,that you know is Flailier.So that is it.Hope you like it.

One more thing i got another game name called Bl00dyAssasin.It's just a parody to my big brother ingame name thats Bl00dHunter.

So those are my names.

(Note:Ebil knows AQW cuz it is from the same company Dragon fable is.And i knew why his name was ebil.Henever told me but i knew.)

Heh, true that. He was found in both games. AQ, AQW and DF. I don't think he used the word "ebil" though except in Dragon Fable. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 2
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:56 pm

the story behind my name:

I originally wanted to be called "supermaniman" cuz that was my name in dragonfable. But that name was already taken in DN.... so idk how but for some reason I came up with "supdesup" cuz it sounds similiar to "supermaniman".

But then I decided that "supdesup" just sounds too stupid so I changed it to "mani", which is my nickname IRL.
Back to top Go down
Rissy

Rissy

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:08 pm

My name currently is just a shortened version of the name I came here with, Risenheart. Risenheart I won't go into, but Rissy is a short one.

Last rping forum I joined some years ago, I joined as well, Risenheart. For the site in question, our names changed once the characters we created were approved. However the staff was lazy and between creating everything that was needed for the function of said character, which was like 4 things, on top of the laziness of the staff, it took a little over 2 weeks to get approved and that name change. Being such, I sat around in the cb as Risenheart until then. My friends on the cb just called me Risen, since it was shorter, until one day a friend on there decided he liked to call me Rissy. It stuck and became my DN name, a pet name even after the name change and now my name here, ect.
Back to top Go down
stardust-savior
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
stardust-savior

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:15 pm

I made a Yusei character deck with the same name, and then used it for my screen name for another duel academy cause I thought it sounded cool.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm

lol i made this name 4 years ago and wanted it linked to my dn, thats da story XD
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:06 pm

(RPFC) is my clan name in this academy (you can join if u like Wink )^^
Shiki is a name of a anime i liked about pople who die and come back as vampires.
Like them i will always return here like a living dead :3
The name seemedd to be suitible as a name like One piece isnt really a nice username XD but Shiki had that thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:10 am

Hero wrote:
I was an accident

Please make sure your post stay's relevant to the thread.
Back to top Go down
Hexoc-Shade

Hexoc-Shade

Losses : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Honestly, my current name is the result of a change in identity. My first name from my immature days was Shadow Fun. Once I grew more mature, it became Dusk, then DuskMage. Then came the names Potato Wizard(don't ask), Northwind Knight, Cyrogami, Hexoc Xenogami, and ColdShade. I personally like Hexoc so it stuck I've been using it in everything from DN to Shin Megami Tensei.
Back to top Go down
Magers39
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Magers39

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:56 am

i dunno if this considered necroposting or not,but here goes nothing

Magers is my last name, simple

My birthday is March 9th, so 0309, remove the zeroes and you get 39

Put them together and you get Magers39
Back to top Go down
http://heeeeeeeey.com/
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:03 am

My fave archetype is Lightsworn and my fave monster is Judgment Dragon. I wanted to make an account on DN with the name Judgment Dragon, but it was already taken so I added the asterisks to be original and be able to make the account and then they just stuck after that.

Funny story, I spoke to the guy "https://i.imgur.com/R8EHYYI.png" and he seemed pretty cool and we watched each others duels and helped each other with our decks and stuff and then he went inactive 2 years ago and I haven't heard from him since. Smile
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:06 am

Basically hazmah is my name backwards. I was always contemplating on what should my username be. I could put numbers and my real name but that's gay af. Then that leads me to make a username that relates to me and I like. My dad once mentioned that my name backwards was hazmah and then it struck. It was easy to say, write and I generally liked it. This is the story of the troll named hazmah.

With The Troller I just liked it c.c
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:07 am

Wait wait wait, where are you from originally to have the name "Hamzah"? That doesn't seem like your average name, at least not for places like the UK and the US.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:08 am

Dude you must not live anywhere in the UK lol. It's a pretty common name and I live in London lmfao.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:09 am

The name is Arabic though isn't it? O.o
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:09 am

Well yes but eh I was born in england and live in London c.c
Back to top Go down
Magers39
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Magers39

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:11 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
The name is Arabic though isn't it? O.o
From how I understand it, England has a high Middle-Eastern population, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://heeeeeeeey.com/
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:13 am

Yeah, but the people I know who have families who come from there originally, usually have pretty common names like Jack or Ashmita. I mean now I think about it, I can understand how it could be a common name, it just never occurred to me. It's interesting though! Smile
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:13 am

Yep Magers is right. In my area it is densely populated with asians.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Admin
Admin
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:14 am

Fair enough then! Thanks for sharing that with us! I live in North Devon so we haven't got such a high population of people who originate from the middle east, but I can understand it in London. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Name   The Story Behind Your Name Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story Behind Your Name
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next