North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Mandatory effects and missing the timing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungX

Immune to warnings? : No

Mandatory effects and missing the timing Empty
PostSubject: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:05 pm

As a teacher, I really should've posted this sooner. Anyway without further ado, I am going to explain when effects miss timing and when effects are mandatory.

Missing the timing is when a card effect cannot be activated due to certain events occurring in the game.

Example 1:
Player A has a face-up Elemental Hero Neos, while Player B has no monsters on the field and has 1 ronintoadin and a dupe frog in the graveyard with 3 Des Frogs in the deck. Also Player B has a set bottomless trap hole.
1) Player B special summons a Ronintoadin by banishing dupe frog and activates Inferno Reckless Summon.
2) Because Ronintoadin is treated as Des Frog, 3 Des Frogs are summoned on Player B's side of the field.
3) Player A has 2 Neos in the deck and are summoned onto his side of the field.

Mandatory effects and missing the timing 300?cb=20140405134229

In this scenario, Bottomless Trap hole cannot be chained because it misses the timing. Note that this card states, "also your opponent Special Summons all cards with the same name as the chosen monster from their hand, Deck, and Graveyard." This occurs after your summoning of monsters. Bottomless Trap hole cannot be activated because the last thing to occur from Inferno Reckless Summon is the summoning of your opponent's monsters.
Now I will try to explain Mandatory Effects.

Mandatory effects and missing the timing 300?cb=20130821081429

Mandatory Effects are effects that have to occur such as Sangan. Note that Sangan's effects do not include the words "you can." That signifies that it is an optional effect. This means that whenever sanguine leaves the field, its effect will activate.

Example:
You tribute Sangan and summon a face-up Caius the Shadow Monarch.

Sangan's effect will activate despite being tribute because it is a mandatory effect. It will also activate when it is sent from the field to the graveyard due to synchro and fusion summon. It is important to note that mandatory effects will always be at chain link 1.

Thats all for a basic lesson on mandatory effects and missing the timings. If you have questions or complaints please reply or pm me.
Back to top Go down
Shrek
Founder
Founder

Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:44 pm

maybe examples that are 2015 and not copy pasted from like 10 years ago, a decent start
Back to top Go down
YoungX

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Modern examples will do. Plus hue "copy and paste." As if I would ever do that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shrek
Founder
Founder

Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 pm

YoungX wrote:
Modern examples will do. Plus hue "copy and paste." As if I would ever do that. Smile

yeah that tribute sangan for caius is so original good for you
Back to top Go down
YoungX

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 am

Indeed too "original." I could have said if you synchro summon with sangan or send it from field to graveyard via cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 am

Nice lesson. This might help some of the Slifer members! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory effects and missing the timing   Mandatory effects and missing the timing Empty

Back to top Go down

Mandatory effects and missing the timing
Page 1 of 1