North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

What do you think is the most poorly design card?

Go down 
+2
patrick1324
RustyGloves
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning

What do you think is the most poorly design card? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:27 am

When I say a question like this, I mean poorly designed in terms of effect. For example, for the longest time BLS - Envoy of the Beginning was such a powerful card back when it was first distributed, and it even has some play in today's meta. Another example could be like Monster Reborn, which is designed the way it was in the show, but it still deserves its ban due to how the effect was designed.

It can be any card within the history of YGO. Leave your responses below.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 am

I'm gonna say Towers, purly because I think it's too hard to get over, when your opponent can easily make it first turn, and I hate the card. Just straight up hate the card. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:46 am

I personally think Spellbook of Judgment is the worst card ever designed in terms of effect. Unlike Towers, you'd never side out the card in the mirror. Towers has outs and so does Judgment, but a card built like Spellbook of Judgment is just so much trouble.

You can argue that Sixth Sense and Super Rejuvenation do the same thing in regards to what they did in the meta, but they've been out forever even before Dragon Rulers abused them (Sixth Sense was not available to us in TCG until October 2013, but had been in the OCG for a while). Judgment was made solely for the purpose of Prophecy's gain, and while Towers is a menace to deal with, it's not impossible to stop. Same can be said for Judgment, but considering that at some point Towers was BAD TO MAIN DECK, Judgment has the edge on it as far as I'm concerned.

Also, when trying to go for Towers, you can't just make plays that make no sense. You have to set up for Towers by using Wavering Eyes and Scout to pendulum 3. If you mess up the single most basic play they have to summon it, you're just not going to get out Towers.

JUDGMENT, on the other hand, CAN LITERALLY HAVE YOU PLAY WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PLAY. Just play a bunch of spells (aside from duality, but not many actually played duality in Prophecy March 2013), and YOU PLUS EVEN THOUGH YOU WENT MINUS. YOU LITERALLY SPENT NOTHING DOING STUPID SHIT.

That's just my two cents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 am

RustyGloves wrote:
I personally think Spellbook of Judgment is the worst card ever designed in terms of effect. Unlike Towers, you'd never side out the card in the mirror. Towers has outs and so does Judgment, but a card built like Spellbook of Judgment is just so much trouble.

You can argue that Sixth Sense and Super Rejuvenation do the same thing in regards to what they did in the meta, but they've been out forever even before Dragon Rulers abused them (Sixth Sense was not available to us in TCG until October 2013, but had been in the OCG for a while). Judgment was made solely for the purpose of Prophecy's gain, and while Towers is a menace to deal with, it's not impossible to stop. Same can be said for Judgment, but considering that at some point Towers was BAD TO MAIN DECK, Judgment has the edge on it as far as I'm concerned.

Also, when trying to go for Towers, you can't just make plays that make no sense. You have to set up for Towers by using Wavering Eyes and Scout to pendulum 3. If you mess up the single most basic play they have to summon it, you're just not going to get out Towers.

JUDGMENT, on the other hand, CAN LITERALLY HAVE YOU PLAY WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PLAY. Just play a bunch of spells (aside from duality, but not many actually played duality in Prophecy March 2013), and YOU PLUS EVEN THOUGH YOU WENT MINUS. YOU LITERALLY SPENT NOTHING DOING STUPID SHIT.

You know I never actually said that Towers was worse than judgment right...?
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:54 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
RustyGloves wrote:

You know I never actually said that Towers was worse than judgment right...?

lol I never implied that you did. I was just throwing in what I thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 am

Okay, good. It just seemed like that was what you were implying with the way you were comparing them. xD I just dislike towers because although it has outs, if a QLI players goes first, it's not exactly hard to get out, especially with wavering eyes and scout actually being a thing in the deck. I mean how many of the top decks have more than 1 out to Towers, and an easy first turn Towers at that? I know that a lot of people think it's bad to main deck, but I think a card that can be played first turn, that can't be touched unless you can answer it on your first turn and attack over it, and can lead to you drawing an extra 3 cards in the EP is worth maining, and because I think it's worth maining, even at 1, that it's a poorly designed card. I realize it has outs, but they are few and far between. They're not something that you would really main in your deck. Lava Golem, Volcanic Queen, Star Eater, Honest, Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow and Solemn Warning are the ones I can think of. The only ones in those that would really be mained in a decent deck that stands a chance at survival against QLI's are Star Eater, Honest, Blackwing - Kalut and Solemn Warning. And Honest is semi-limited and Warning is limited, and getting a first turn Star eater isn't guaranteed really. Razz That's why I think it's poorly designed. It could have an easier out to it. Like the being unaffected by any other spell or trap effect. Some kind of errata or something, that could have the card be slightly easier to over come would have the card be less poorly designed. Or have it so the card doesn't take 500 atk from special summoned monsters so the attacking over it can be easier. The card may not be the most poorly designed card in the game, but it's amongst them. Smile
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
Okay, good. It just seemed like that was what you were implying with the way you were comparing them. xD I just dislike towers because although it has outs, if a QLI players goes first, it's not exactly hard to get out, especially with wavering eyes and scout actually being a thing in the deck. I mean how many of the top decks have more than 1 out to Towers, and an easy first turn Towers at that? I know that a lot of people think it's bad to main deck, but I think a card that can be played first turn, that can't be touched unless you can answer it on your first turn and attack over it, and can lead to you drawing an extra 3 cards in the EP is worth maining, and because I think it's worth maining, even at 1, that it's a poorly designed card. I realize it has outs, but they are few and far between. They're not something that you would really main in your deck. Lava Golem, Volcanic Queen, Star Eater, Honest, Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow and Solemn Warning are the ones I can think of. The only ones in those that would really be mained in a decent deck that stands a chance at survival against QLI's are Star Eater, Honest, Blackwing - Kalut and Solemn Warning. And Honest is semi-limited and Warning is limited, and getting a first turn Star eater isn't guaranteed really. Razz That's why I think it's poorly designed. It could have an easier out to it. Like the being unaffected by any other spell or trap effect. Some kind of errata or something, that could have the card be slightly easier to over come would have the card be less poorly designed. Or have it so the card doesn't take 500 atk from special summoned monsters so the attacking over it can be easier. The card may not be the most poorly designed card in the game, but it's amongst them. Smile

Lol don't forget Bujingi Crane. But yes, it is amongst one of the most poorly designed cards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:29 am

RustyGloves wrote:
*Judgment Dragon* wrote:

Lol don't forget Bujingi Crane. But yes, it is amongst one of the most poorly designed cards.

People still play Bujins? xD
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:32 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:

lol Do people still play BW? Razz

But yeah, I was just mentioning another out.

To others who plan to respond: Don't settle on just these two cards. There are a ton of other cards like Future Fusion, Dimension Fusion, and Ultimate Offering that you can talk about. I'm just not inclined to speak about them since I have little to no experience on them (except Ultimate Offering).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:41 am

RustyGloves wrote:
*Judgment Dragon* wrote:

lol Do people still play BW? Razz

But yeah, I was just mentioning another out.

Apparently so, and I'm not surprised, that deck has some beastly trap cards and so many monsters it's unreal. xD But yeah, that is another out for him. Not many though all in all. Spellbook of Judgment was just hench though. xD
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Immune to warnings? : No

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:43 am

i think the larva moth deck is really poor design, nevermind, an anime deck....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 am

ced,for crying out loud,him and judgement are number 1 and 2,take ur pick.Drulers as a whole tho,is just cancer.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:21 am

Deez nutz Trent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:24 am

Number S0: Hope Zexal.

Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects for the rest of this turn (this is a Quick Effect).

Umm... whut? xD Yeah, you're opponent just can't activate cards for their turn. xD
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:57 am

Fairy Knight Igunar

Effect:3 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; return all other cards on the field to the hand. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.

Why detach 2,then be left with just one?
Back to top Go down
!~Rabbit~!

!~Rabbit~!

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:32 am

Pot of Taboos is kinda poorly designed in a certain sense, I mean yes it requires dem tributes tho, but they are easy to get around 90% of the time. All it has is + effects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:15 am

Is that OCG? I'm pretty sure it is right?
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:49 am

pot of taboos can work well in a flip summon base deck, like prediction princess
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:09 am

as much as i hate to say it but SOJ is so poorly designed as well as super rejuvenation
Back to top Go down
Winte

Winte

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 pm

I like SOJ =C #SOJBACKTO3

Also, I agree with Pot of Taboos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the most poorly design card?   What do you think is the most poorly design card? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the most poorly design card?
Page 1 of 1