North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

abyss-sphere vs spell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

abyss-sphere vs spell Empty
PostSubject: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:46 am

Special Summon 1 "Mermailmonster from your Deck. Its effects are negated. You cannot activate any Spell Cards. When this card leaves the fielddestroy that monster. Destroy this card during your opponent's next End Phase after activation.

this is abyss-sphere effect, the question is can i activate spell card, then activate this card in a same turn? i dueled with a mermail deck pro and he said i cannot do this and called me a noob, but i really dont see an effect that state that i cannot activate a spell during the turn i activate this card......
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:40 am

You can't because it says on the card you can't activate spell cards when it's used . It's like saying I can activate pot of aversive after I ss. When it says you can't ss when you use the card.
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:06 pm

ya, but i mean activate a spell card before i activate this card, cannot activate spell card is a continuous effect, so as long as i have not activate abyss-sphere, i can activate spell card.
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:25 pm

I think stephen i right
Still i understand your point. At some moments its like that indeed and that can confuse witjh other cards. In his case you cant activate sphere if you use a spell.

Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:20 am

Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Deck. Its effects are negated.

You cannot activate any Spell Cards.(continuous)

When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. Destroy this card during your opponent's next End Phase after activation.

please check carefully, which effect state that i cannot activate spell card during the turn i activate this card? that effect only state i cannot activate spell card if this card is face up on the field(continuous effect), if you think i cannot activate spell card during the turn i activate this card, then are you mean that i cannot special summon a monster first then activate vanity's emptiness after i special summon a monster in a same turn? this is not logic at all, vanity and abyss sphere never state i cannot activate spell/special summon during the same turn i activate it......
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:14 am

I don't think you understand what we said. It has a simular ruling as the card pot of adverice where you can't activate if you special summon a monster .
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:54 am

pot of duality effect is different with abyss-sphere, pot of duality state that i cannot special summon monster during the turn i activate this card, but please read abyss-sphere effect CAREFULLY.

1)special summon monster from deck and cant activate any spell card is two effect(check full stop)

2)pot of duality is different with abyss-sphere, pot of duality state that i cannot special summon monster during the turn i activate it, this is right, but please look at abyss-sphere effect, it never state anything about this turn right? it only state i cannot activate spell card as long as this card is face up, this effect is similar with jinzo, then why you are trying to state that i cannot activate a before i summon jinzo in a same turn? please copy the effect text and explain.
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:58 am

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=148642 

this link can help me to explain what i exactly want to said^^
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:49 am

I belive we should ask a more stronger source like a admin on dn because I don't think your source is reliable.
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptySun May 31, 2015 7:34 am

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Abyss-sphere

even wiki also support me 00

you can try to find a link to support your idea too
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:09 am

Why did you make this topic??
You could have looked it over at the imternet yourself in the first place. Instead of making it o.o
What was the point?

Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:21 am

Wow you literally wasted everyone's time . ~starts clapping and then starts to leave the post without looking back.~
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 am

because i think that mermail deck pro player may right since he is a pro and he is so confidence....

so i try to check is that really someone can support his point...
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Dude then why drag us into it?
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 4:26 pm

discussion only
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 5:07 pm

<.< really
Back to top Go down
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
RustyGloves

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Aren't you a tester, Patrick? You should know this.

If it says you can't activate any spell cards, then you can't during the turn you play it. IF IT SAID, "You cannot activate any Spell Cards FOR THE REST OF THIS TURN," then you could activate spells before hand.

This should be clear to you by now, Patrick.

Topic Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: abyss-sphere vs spell   abyss-sphere vs spell Empty

Back to top Go down

abyss-sphere vs spell
Page 1 of 1