North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)

Go down 
+5
INUZIRO
coolstrider
Jaguar101
! Prince
MorphGuy1000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MorphGuy1000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) Empty
PostSubject: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 pm

How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) Karakurispamguidebyreds

The blueprint says it all. Like Infernity, Karakuris are simply one of those decks that just like to go YOLO mode and OTK the heck out of you, regardless of whatever you might have set. Burei and Bureido will simply combo the heck out of you and let your opponent draw like crazy while still maintaining a lot of field advantage. On top of that, E-Tele will also help your opponent get out Tuners to start their combo.

It's a fast deck, and it's deadly. Especially when it's combined with the Geargia search engine.

So what the heck can we do to stop this fast-as-f*** deck? Well, there are a variety of things we can do...

1) Maxx "C", save my life.

This requires little to no explanation. Chaining Maxx "C" to Burei or Bureido's summoning effect, or using it on a Karakuri player before they make the first Burei/Bureido, will generally stop them for the turn. The deck relies on Special Summoning A LOT in order to get that OTK to happen, which means that Maxx "C" will usually effectively stop your opponent for the turn.

2) GotSAG (Grave of the Super-Ancient Organism)

Burei is 7. Bureido is 7. What does that mean? Burei and Bureido can't use their SS effects to make that OTK happen. Of course, if you don't kill the Synchro monster they summon on their first OTK attempt, your opponent will make another one next turn, then overlay for Dracossack to pop your GotSAG. This means that you need to be cautious of how you use it.

Oh, and triple MST and Trap Stun/Royal Decree/Seven Tools still exists. Just saying.

3) Side Cyber Dragons and run Chimeratech Fortress in the Extra Deck/System Down

The entire deck is Machine-Type, meaning that these two cards will usually annihilate them. Dracossack and MPB Tokens are all Machine-Type too, so unless your opponent goes for Big Eye or Master of Blades, you'll generally be able to get at least a +1 off of these two solutions.

Of course, the surprise factor generally only works once, so be careful when you use it.

4) Mirror Force

After the last format where Dragon Rulers just completely whooped everybody's asses, many people have forgotten about Mirror Force. As a result, flipping Mirror Force when your opponent pushes for game will generally result in a +3 for you, because when you don't activate your backrows in response to your opponent's Summons, most players will generally assume that you're bluffing.

And then you can go yell "NOT IN MY HOUSE!" at them when they swing. Ahahahaha.

How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) 36340316

5) Crimson Blader

Obvious enough. Swing into a monster, they can't do anything in terms of offensive threats next turn. Kill them the turn after they pass because they're under Blader. Simple, really.

6) Morphing Jar #2, the Ultimate Troll Card

How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) MorphingJar2-LCYW-EN-SR-1E

Basically, when your opponent swings into your Set monster (assuming that it's nothing and that you simply don't want to die), you can simply be like "Bounce all that sh!t to your Deck. You ain't killing me this turn."

You have no idea how annoying this card can be.

Also, note the wording on "they shuffled into the Main Deck". Anything they shuffle back to the Extra means one less face-down Defense Position monster for them.

The card breaks up OTKs, and actually gives you a chance to play Yu-Gi-Oh. And for that, we salute you, MJ#2.

7) Needle Ceiling

Like Mirror Force, use this when the conditions can be met. Your opponent generally won't expect it and will just rage when the field they've worked so hard to established just goes bye-bye.

That concludes this article. I'm sure I'm probably missing a few things, so I'll let you guys fill in the blanks as to what else you could possibly use against this deck.

Until next time, NA.

-MorphGuy1000
Back to top Go down
! Prince
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 pm

I've used so many of these against Geargia Karakuri it hurts. I'd say it works but you mainly just explained side-deck cards. Instead of a bunch of similar (albeit comedic) articles how about we just make a giant side-deck thread?
Back to top Go down
MorphGuy1000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:57 pm

! Prince wrote:
I've used so many of these against Geargia Karakuri it hurts. I'd say it works but you mainly just explained side-deck cards. Instead of a bunch of similar (albeit comedic) articles how about we just make a giant side-deck thread?

You just answered your own question lol. That's boring XD

Of course, it'd be more productive in the long-run, but nobody has the time nor dedication to do that. I've discussed doing a large side-decking thread with people from VDA, but I'm not going to do it alone...I need help if it's going to actually be a thing.

These articles, on the other hand, can be written at times where the format is constantly shifting and decks only remain top-tier for no longer than the format's length. This increases efficiency and means that the people making the side-deck thread won't be thinking about ideas on how to combat certain decks that are irrelevant in a particular day's metagame.
Back to top Go down
! Prince
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Ah well let me show you my point of this:

This "How to beat" doesn't really teach me how to beat them. I don't really know what to expect, what their cards do, ect. I just know how to side for them. I recommend either a big side-deck thread or just editing these articles to a more in-depth "how to actually beat them" thread.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar101
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
Jaguar101

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:34 pm

I am actually trying to build this deck does anyone have one I can see? to compare mine too?
Back to top Go down
! Prince
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:34 pm

built one for u dawg:

https://i.imgur.com/9JT3dJj.png
Back to top Go down
coolstrider

coolstrider

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:53 pm

another one for comparison: https://i.imgur.com/7Zq7zX2.png
Back to top Go down
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
INUZIRO

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 0
Wins : 2

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:20 am

madolche! INSTA BOUNCE!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/
MehWaffles

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 am

Good article morph
Back to top Go down
MorphGuy1000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 am

! Prince wrote:
Ah well let me show you my point of this:

This "How to beat" doesn't really teach me how to beat them. I don't really know what to expect, what their cards do, ect. I just know how to side for them. I recommend either a big side-deck thread or just editing these articles to a more in-depth "how to actually beat them" thread.

So you're expecting me to know how every single deck in today's metagame plays, and not only that, but be an expert at that deck?

Yeah. Not gonna happen.

Besides, you can main Blader and Mirror Force nowadays...

Last edited by MorphGuy1000 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LockTop
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
LockTop

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:35 am

Hey Morph Smile great article very informative
Back to top Go down
! Prince
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 pm

I mean that's what the title is implying ._. that'd be a good guide.
Back to top Go down
MorphGuy1000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 am

! Prince wrote:
I mean that's what the title is implying ._. that'd be a good guide.

Let me be honest with you. Even if you take all of my tips, if you misplay very hard with what you side/use, you will undoubtedly lose. And believe me, there are times when people misplay without even knowing it. That is when drastic measures need to be taken.

Not misplaying simply comes with experience. So "how to beat" a deck simply does come down to how well you can use your cards. Part of it is matchup-related (e.g. Dragons and Evilswarms), but regardless it really shouldn't be that much of a factor when it's being compared to something as rudimentary as playing your own deck correctly first.
Back to top Go down
KleiNoel

KleiNoel

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Nice artice Morph i enjoyed reading it
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Should make one how to beat Jaden yuki for the slifers because im on fire to them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)   How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Beat Karakuri (Geargia)
Page 1 of 1