North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Creativity is it starting to return to the game?

Go down 
+9
Agammemnon6
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
Shrek
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
KidChaos
GetRekt
Atticus Rhodes
(RPFC) Shiki
Chaz92
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chaz92
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz92

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning

Creativity is it starting to return to the game? Empty
PostSubject: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:59 am

Soooooooo, Me and my friends were dueling last night. When my friend Travis said he was so glad to see original decks being played now. He said people were getting a lot more creative. As in they're playing more and more rogue decks and less and less meta? So Ill ask N.A is creativity starting to come back or is the game still as meta driven as previous formats?
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 am

On DN, academys , Devpro and Yugiohpro it will be meta.
In RL it will alrways be original. Reall life is a huge diffrence from virtual

Stil there will awlways be people with creative decks
Back to top Go down
Atticus Rhodes
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Atticus Rhodes

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:58 am

Anna said it but me myself have decided to try and use Gagaga irk and virtual. Usin meta just takes the fun out of it
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:38 pm

The game will always be meta-driven. The thing is that hybridizing decks has largely become a growing trend because of the consistency most archetypes have now. There are tons of combo decks you can make with what we have now.
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 pm

I need help with mist valley harpies T.T but yeah, people like my harpie deck, as they think its awesome that I don't play meta, they even ask me to help them with unique decks!
Back to top Go down
GetRekt

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 3:37 am

Personally, there was always creativity. The dragon ruler format was horrendous though e.e
Anyway, my reason being is that meta makes Yugioh go round. If it was not for meta, we wouldn't have good decks. Meta is creativitys enemy, and we create decks unique, and consistant enough to go against meta.
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 4:49 am

Depends how you look at it, the way I see it, the most creative the meta decks get is how many of a certain monster you run, there are hardly any creative decks around anymore simply for one reason, they are all archtype based, so you just keep experimenting with cards from that archtype until you figure out the busted ones, synchrons are probably the most creative deck that has ever seen any play within the past few years
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:12 am

agammemnon6 wrote:
Depends how you look at it, the way I see it, the most creative the meta decks get is how many of a certain monster you run, there are hardly any creative decks around anymore simply for one reason, they are all archtype based, so you just keep experimenting with cards from that archtype until you figure out the busted ones, synchrons are probably the most creative deck that has ever seen any play within the past few years

lol synchrons aren't really creative let alone the fact that ive seen more creative but then again i duel with ppl who don't play meta so its understandable for me

specifically this IRL is different from virtual because money is involved and i dnt believe everyone has millions of dollars to spend on cards and making the most consistent looking deck.

virtual play gets creative when people start to experiment with the metas and things. and then there are those who hate the norm. but lets specifically talk about creative meta for a second

creative meta is basically someone taking a meta deck and transforming it to have new ideas of crazy combos and things like back when synchrons were meta...ppl got crazy and junk doppels were born and then came in the quasar synchrons. i mean think about it. creativity comes from experimentation and in these days people don't experiment as much and don't try to learn as much by trying out a lot of different things. the real creativity with the meta is when people try a lot of new things to outclass the norm and give it that unpredictability factor
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:24 am

Chaos, how many meta decks are out there at the moment that are creative? I can't exactly see any for one reason, the norm is just more meta so people won't bother experimenting unless someone else discovers it, but if everyone is following the norm, then who is there to discover the creative side?
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 am

Well the thing about me is I don't duel any and everyone anymore. I duel only a select few these days and we just use the weirdest and wacked out things for the fun of it. Then we test it out against the real meta and see how it fares. Its sort of a communital thing. If you want more creativity you need to surround yourself with it instead of expecting everyone else to have it
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:43 am

Actually, in the guild I am in, we use decks non-relative to the meta, despite our name, I tend to help others and inspire others with the decks they have. ^^KidChaos is correct, if you keep dreaming, you'll never wake up and turn those dreams into reality, so creativity is everywhere, I myself despise the Meta, and so I teach people a lesson using non-meta, trust me, it WILL pay off, and some day, there will be no meta, it will be about regular dueling, and how people connect their deck to themselves, I mean if you're nice, and kind, fluffals/furnimals would be great for you! So remember, creativity is starting to return, no matter how little, but there are people, trying to make the meta, disappear.
~WaterGod
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:32 pm

watergod wrote:
Actually, in the guild I am in, we use decks non-relative to the meta, despite our name, I tend to help others and inspire others with the decks they have. ^^KidChaos is correct, if you keep dreaming, you'll never wake up and turn those dreams into reality, so creativity is everywhere, I myself despise the Meta, and so I teach people a lesson using non-meta, trust me, it WILL pay off, and some day, there will be no meta, it will be about regular dueling, and how people connect their deck to themselves, I mean if you're nice, and kind, fluffals/furnimals would be great for you! So remember, creativity is starting to return, no matter how little, but there are people, trying to make the meta, disappear.
~WaterGod

Whoa bro now your getting delusional. There always has and always will be a meta. The only difference between past metas and how have been how easy were they to use. As well as how consistent. If you have some delusions about regular dueling being how that is your rather mistaken cause that will really never ever happen. There always has been and always will be a meta in this game.
Back to top Go down
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω
Tourney Manager
Tourney Manager
Ω≈Siren's Song≈Ω

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 3:15 pm

At some point everything must come to an end, one day there will be no meta, and that will happen when most people realize its not about winning, then, they will play decks that are fun, and creative, playing meta is like poison to the creative sense of your mind, and when theres a problem, theres a solution.
Back to top Go down
Shrek
Founder
Founder

Losses : 0
Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:19 pm

watergod wrote:
 one day there will be no meta, and that will happen when most people realize its not about winning,

Lol this guy
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 7:48 pm

watergod wrote:
playing meta is like poison to the creative sense of your mind
famous last words
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:38 pm

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Drewzer44 wrote:
watergod wrote:
 one day there will be no meta, and that will happen when most people realize its not about winning,

Lol this guy

David Sirlin, Playing to win,circa 2000 wrote:

The derogatory term “scrub” means several different things. One definition is someone (especially a game player) who is not good at something (especially a game). By this definition, we all start out as scrubs, and there is certainly no shame in that. I mean the term differently, though. A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.

Now, everyone begins as a poor player—it takes time to learn a game to get to a point where you know what you’re doing. There is the mistaken notion, though, that by merely continuing to play or “learn” the game, one can become a top player. In reality, the “scrub” has many more mental obstacles to overcome than anything actually going on during the game. The scrub has lost the game even before it starts. He’s lost the game even before deciding which game to play. His problem? He does not play to win.

Just another reason to look into the book, folks; the author actually knows what a scrub is.

Last edited by ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 pm

I think Life just won at life... xD
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:34 pm

watergod wrote:
At some point everything must come to an end, one day there will be no meta, and that will happen when most people realize its not about winning, then, they will play decks that are fun, and creative, playing meta is like poison to the creative sense of your mind, and when theres a problem, theres a solution.
 bro im sorry but you are delusional as fuck lol
Back to top Go down
Nottu
Teacher
Nottu

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Well, personally I like to play YuGiOh because its a fun game and its how I've made a lot of my close friends. Winning isn't everything, unless you're going to a tournament of some kind. That's when you have to play to win. Otherwise, nothing wrong with a friendly game.
Back to top Go down
OxidizedWinterHandApparel
Tester
Tester
OxidizedWinterHandApparel

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 pm

ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
The scrub has lost the game even before it starts. He’s lost the game even before deciding which game to play.
I lol'd
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Meh some people use creative decks and meta decks because most people have Different points of view of the game. Me I have both because I like to play really fun and non meta decks like genex, and other non meta decks but I also use shaddolls and other tier one decks for a little challenge for random players. But I really love my tier threes like heroes or masked heroes because its more of a nastolga kind of feel where some to most decks wernt so over powered or super powered to the wazoo.
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:12 pm

people are getting what im trying to say mixed up here. The fact of the matter is that if you're talking about the game as a whole, as with any game, there will always be a meta. The notion that any kind of game will exist without one is utterly ridiculous. Sure, you can play a game to have fun, but we're talking about the competitive scene if you read the OP's post. This whole transition into a discussion of dissolving the meta literally had nothing to do with what we've been trying to get across.
Back to top Go down
Runzy
War Manager
Runzy

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:40 am

R.I.P META IS FOR LYFE
Back to top Go down
Nottu
Teacher
Nottu

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 5:25 am

Oh, well I thought that was obvious. Everything that calls itself a game has a meta. YuGioh, Magic, Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, heck even that new Hearthstone thing.

Thing is. The "Meta" is not a bad thing, don't know why people seem to think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is it starting to return to the game?   Creativity is it starting to return to the game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Creativity is it starting to return to the game?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next