North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks

Go down 
+3
Shrek
KING_ATLAS
INUZIRO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KidChaos

KidChaos

Immune to warnings? : No

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  Empty
PostSubject: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  Ghostr10

This deck is going to be the start of a new deck profile series. Then I thought why not do a deck commonly overlooked around here but is a rising force in the game(sadly not a rising competitve force but very good fun deck xD). GHOSTRICKS O.O

KEY CARDS

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  300px-GhostrickJiangshi-MP14-EN-C-1E

Effect:

Ghostrick Stein:

Ghostrick Ghoul:

Ghostrick Mary:

Ghostrick Lantern:

Ghostrick Specter:

Ghostrick Panic:

Ghostrick Alucard:

Ghostrick Spoiled Angel:

Ghostrick Dullhan:

Strengths

• There often able to protect themselves easily due to them always being in defense
  • The field spell attributes to alot of protection plays
  • There able to spam in certain situations.
  • An off balance deck that no one is pretty much use to defending against.
  • There lack of power is made up with their speed.

Weaknesses

• Its prone to cards like deck destruction virus.
  • There lack of power can also be a weakness against high damage decks.
  • They rely of being set…..tooo much.
  • Dark Simorg…..end of story
  • King Tiger Wanghu…..too good. On the bright side people don't use him
  • As fast as they can be they take time to develop. They take at least 3-5 moves to even get their speed going.

The thing about ghostricks is they are fast yet slow. They start out slow and crescendo into a living nightmare given the right cards. The reason they haven't and wont do well in competitive play is because of not only that early slowness but because of the fact they are very low powered. Things like beelze make this deck cringe because they simply just aren't made to handle high attack dmg offense. The bright side of that is their spells and traps make it somewhat easier for them to get around that. So your spell and trap line-up are critical. Now I already know I'm commiting a cardinal sin in my builds of ghostricks by not running vanitys. Which by the way if you don't run vanitys in every deck this format just ....get rekt son. Back to my point, I don't run it because of the fact that this is a high octane special summon heavy attack and often when I have tested the vanities it ends up hurting me a lot more because it stops my stall plays. So I'm willing to take a risk in not running it rather than risk it and have a lot more problems than I need.

Either way though this is a fun deck none the less. Though it is a very powerful one so enjoy and have fun with them.

Now if you don't care about TCG/OCG mixes here is what a solid ghostrick build would be like.

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  Captur10

Now if your like "It must be TCG Only" Welp the deck wont be as good since some of the key cards are OCG exclusive.....mainly the extra deck key game changers that is.

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  Captur11

Now homework is to try and test this bad asses out ^.^ good luck everyone.

Any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Last edited by KidChaos on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
INUZIRO

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 2

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:58 pm

nice <3
Back to top Go down
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Great Job
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Shrek
Founder
Founder

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:07 pm

totally relevant but how did u get your sleeves to look like that on devpro?
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:21 pm

first of all its ygopro percy addition.....second of all cause i made some of them and i got some from a couple of other ppl
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 am

Nice lesson.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 am

Nice lesson and I agree with mostly everything. But..Have you forgotten about the strongest combo of Nekomusume and Ghostrick Night? And also JackFrost is very crucial to the deck with House in the field.
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 am

a player suggested me use burning abyss engine to summon alucard
(tour guide and scram only) i not sure can work well or not, but that player can quickly access to dorklord.
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:14 pm

EbilKid wrote:
Nice lesson and I agree with mostly everything. But..Have you forgotten about the strongest combo of Nekomusume and Ghostrick Night? And also JackFrost is very crucial to the deck with House in the field.

Thats depends on how you play. If your going for more of a stunnish ghostrick you might use it but its not really the strongest combo in the deck. The ghostrick build I'm running focuses more on their speed rather than stun plays. Even then I probably wouldn't use it cause there are so many better options than that combo.

Like don't get me wrong its a good combo but I see so much more and better options when I make ghostrick stun decks. Like i can run a skeleton build or like a stallish stun. Those id run it in. But the build im showing you shows less of the obvious things about ghostrick and more of the inobvious. This build is about speed and really it takes what 3-4 moves most times and you could spam like crazy. The builds i showed emphasized their speed less of their stun ability cause pretty much everyone knows that. KM88 will do another ghostrick lesson later and it will be more of the stun aspect others probably are thinking of and looking for.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Aha, I see. So it is all about opinions and what way you want your deck to be after. Thank you. ^^
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 2:58 am

yep mate every deck is opinions ....well most of them that can run in multiple styles. Like i said this style im showing you is the speed version and not the stun version but KM will elaborate more on the stun version when his lesson is up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks    Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks  Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Profile 1 - Ghostricks
Page 1 of 1