North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?

Go down 
+8
Runzy
Mani
DLNC4444
Tetsuya Kuroko
patrick1324
PLivingston
bayar16
EbilKid
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes or No?
YES
Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? I_vote_lcap64%Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 14 ]
NO
Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? I_vote_lcap36%Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? Empty
PostSubject: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:44 am

Yes or no
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 am

I voted yes. But I think they should be unbanned ONLY in the abandoned dorm test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:52 am

I think so, for now. Until there are more generic cards to counter them.
Back to top Go down
bayar16
Admin
Admin
bayar16

Wins : 5

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:27 am

Qliphorts is an easy control archtype, which dont show any skill. even less the bujins. do that say enough?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am

It's not about how much skill they take though. It's about what skill that duelist shows through that deck.
Back to top Go down
PLivingston
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
PLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
I think so, for now. Until there are more generic cards to counter them.

Stop taking my ideas! said this twice with you around and even said there should be a poll, before you did! Mad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 am

I wasn't aware you said any of that if I'm completely honest with you. It would seem other people didn't either, as Phantom set this pole up when I suggested it. Smile
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 am

???? qliphort still a beatdown deck isnt it? even is very strong beatdown deck, unlike exodia use a different way to win.

Back to top Go down
Tetsuya Kuroko
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Tetsuya Kuroko

Warnings : Banned
Location : Either sleeping, at my laptop on the couch or bed or playing basketball.

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:39 am

I say no.
Yes they appear to be overpowered but shutdown easily. But they haven't done much in the OCG. Yes, they topped often, won a few events. But they haven't done as much as shaddolls. You guys need to think about this harder.
Hopefully this'll help for your future choices.
Back to top Go down
DLNC4444
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
DLNC4444

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:17 am

i said no due to the fact that test is chance to evaluate a players skill and is hard to do when they just set scale ss ss ss ss ss ss otk and that is that deck play dont get side tracked thinking about killer ect decks to test should involve a thought process
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Losses : 2
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 am

no offence... but r u guys really THAT bad and dumb..... you are fucking supposed to test players when u testing them, not go al out and kill just for fun or showing off....
Back to top Go down
PLivingston
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
PLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:55 am

DLNC are you sure you read the question right? Your answer was no but your reasoning was more towards yes.
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Losses : 2

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:56 am

whoops ignore my post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 am

PLivingston wrote:
DLNC are you sure you read the question right? Your answer was no but your reasoning was more towards yes.

Actually, his reasoning points towards the answer he gave to the poll.
Back to top Go down
PLivingston
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
PLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 am

I read it wrong I guess my bad
Back to top Go down
Runzy
War Manager
Runzy

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:26 am

to be honest i wanted No but mistakenly voted yes x.x

x.x gotta test for the win doesn't matter if you use a easy auto pilot deck that can easily win. As long as your opp shows you his deck and how he tried to win and use the game to their advantage. Thats what i mostly see in test duels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:05 am

Runzy wrote:
to be honest i wanted No but mistakenly voted yes x.x

x.x gotta test for the win doesn't matter if you use a easy auto pilot deck that can easily win. As long as your opp shows you his deck and how he tried to win and use the game to their advantage. Thats what i mostly see in test duels.

If a testee wins 2-0 in a test against the tester, with Gusto while the tester is playing Burning Abyss; and another testee wins 2-0 against the the tester using qliphorts, while the tester is using Burning Abyss... I would say the person using qliphorts, is not as good as the player playing gusto. However, because the 2nd player was using an auto pilot deck, and the first player was using a deck that takes skill, by your logic, they both should get Obelisk, correct?
Back to top Go down
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
INUZIRO

Losses : 0
Wins : 2

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 am

the rubric is made up to see the player's skill and his/her aptitude to win, in any way shape or form, if a tester finds that he wasnt merely as creative in using the deck as all these copy pasta decks out there...then he/she would be graded as such even if they do sack with Apoqliph. If i were to test a member and both duels i see the same "lather, rinse, repeat", during the match then i will grade em as is. lather rinse repeat, clockwork motion, no originality, no creaitivity and a saddened perspective at how he/she should or would duel, granted most qliph decks are the same, seeing atleast 1 out of place card can show me how well you are ready for any challenge. like i myself run lava golem in my qliph deck...see some may say that its a bad tech but lava g gets rid of 2 problematic cards at once in a spam heavy meta. with that being said, it limits a players action if he/she knows i have lava g , and also it punishes those who go for the big plays. it may be a 3k beater but 90% of decks can get rid of 1 monster easily these days. and that in a qliph deck is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:11 am

What point are you trying to make?
Back to top Go down
iAmFlam3ezZ
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

Warnings : 2nd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:17 pm

Why are you banning Qliphorts? Because they're one of the best decks in the OCG atm? Because they have ONE boss monster that's "hard" to get over? Why don't we also ban Shaddolls? They can just Super Poly away your monsters because it takes no "skill", right? Oh yeah, they can also fusion summon from the deck, so let's just ban them for being good.

Oh, and while we're at it, let's ban Vanity's Emptiness, too. It takes no skill to flip up a floodgate and prevent people from playing Yu-Gi-Oh. For that matter, let's ban ALL floodgates, because there's no "skill" involved.

Oh yeah, let's not forget Nutellaknights. Very "unskilled" deck, so might as well give them the axe.

Do you know why Exodia, Burn, Countdown, etc are all banned on rubrics, initially? Because they're Solitaire based decks where a single duelist simply activates draw/stall cards to prevent their opponent from taking any action and encourages non-player interactions in duels.

This is NOT the case for Qliphorts. Yes, they have a menacing boss monster that's a tank once it hits the field, but think about it: once it hits the field, is it preventing you from playing the game? Is it something that prevents you from playing the game properly through stalling or speeding through your deck in 1 turn to draw Exodia? No. It may be difficult to win, but then again, that's why it's meta. Because it's a GOOD deck, and not one of those sitty amalgamations that people on DN are notorious for using.

In the event that you didn't read/aren't educated enough to understand; don't ban them for testing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Well I guess it's a shame that at this moment in time, the majority don't agree with you.
Back to top Go down
DLNC4444
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
DLNC4444

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:48 pm

i voted yes to keep banned to be clear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:34 pm

keep em banned,qliphs=easy obbi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Agreed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:56 am

Qlip's are broken.Shaddoll's are strong yes,but not broken.So yes,i think they should be banned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?   Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should qliphorts stay banned from the academy dorm rubic?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next