North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

continous effect

Go down 
+4
Hero
Average
Hisoka
patrick1324
8 posters
AuthorMessage
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:57 am

hi, i am patrick, so today is continous effect lesson^^

continous effect can say is fastest if compare with other effect, because it never activate, it will automatic resolve when requirement meet^^ well, but actually continous effect also have some problem, since you cannot easily control it because is continous, but you can also control it by his effect requirement^^

continous effect does not obey chain rule, effect automatic activate at any time when the requirement meet, this effect never activate using chain.

player A control a malefic blue-eyes dragon, he want to exchange his field spell from necrovalley to malefic world because want to summon that malefic boss, but player B say malefic blue-eyes dragon will destroy because have a small gap between send field spell to grave and activate new one, player A think this is funny and call player B as a noob and even dont know about field spell, he also think that continous is a slow effect and resolve after new field spell activate, admin come and......( not that admin-_-)

admin say that blue-eyes white dragon effect is continous, this effect even can activate using a small gaps. player B win.

conclusion1: after continous effect resolve, the effect of that continous effect will automatic aplied once the requirement meet.

any time, any place, ANY WAY, the continous effect even can aplied with a small gaps, REMEMBER.

player A control a ojama king and a ojama knight, thus, all monster space of player B had been blocked, player B activate book of moon to flip ojama king face down, then summon a tuner to prepare for synchro, payer A flip summon ojama king and say now 2 more space also block, player B think the effect negated because he select 3 space before.....

admin come, admin say ojama king effect is continous, if the requirement of the effect meet, effect will aplied, but when the requirement not meet, continous effect will not aplied, but when the requirement meet one more time, CONTINOUS EFFECT WILL APPLIED ONE MORE TIME and can change how many space he want to block.

ok, so is final story here^^

player A have 4 card in hand( one of them is a mst), he also have a face down dark bribe. player B control a fabled unicore and have 2 card in hand, player B also have a face down reckless greed.

player A activate mst to destroy that reckless greed, player B activate reckless greed, player A chain dark bribe, so the chain resolve, what will happen??? post your answer, i want to see how many people correct.

please answer this question^^

Last edited by patrick1324 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hisoka
Tester
Tester
Hisoka

Warnings : Final Warning

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:00 am

Nice leason patrick
Back to top Go down
Average
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Average

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:37 am

Nice lesson
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:41 am

can someone answer the quiz?-_- dont so lazy and just say nice lesson, i want to know how many people understand continous effect now-_-
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:21 pm

I didn't read it at all,but i can see that its a good lesson.Nice job Pat.
Back to top Go down
Average
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Average

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:47 pm

How annoyingly inconsiderate.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 3:21 pm

Basically, dark bribe neagtes reckless but gives the opponent a draw and then both players have the same number of cards on field so unicore negates the rest of the chain Very Happy . I bet i failed
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:45 pm

answer: player B dark bribe resolve first and negate + destroy reckless greed, player A draw 1 card, now the mst resolve, normally you will think mst resolve without effect, NO!!!, unicore effect already aplied and negate mst effect, mst effect never resolve, and the chain resolve complete, i am so happy with a guys hwo can fully answer this question because he still remember what i teach and continous effect can obey the chain rule^^

good job hazmah^^
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:35 am

Also gj with the lesson pat i really enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiger9866
Chaos White
Chaos White
Tiger9866

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:51 am

haha GJ bro and yeah that quiz alrdy been answered XD
Back to top Go down
CryonixHeat™
CryonixHeat
CryonixHeat
CryonixHeat™

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:01 am

Aren't Teachers hired for their grammar and typing skills.

I don't care about being polite, but seriously, this is some horrid grammar.
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 7:43 am

scorpianking, sorry-_- my english is poor, but this is not an english school
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:31 am

Patrick,do you speak english as a first language
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 10:00 am

no... my first language is chinese
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:17 am

1. Guys keep the post relevant. 2. No, this is an online duel academy ofc ur not gonna be tested on ur grammar or spelling, you will help duelists with their decks and improve their skills npt their grammar. Tbh scorpion that post was just spamming
Back to top Go down
CryonixHeat™
CryonixHeat
CryonixHeat
CryonixHeat™

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:42 am

Hazmah wrote:
1. Guys keep the post relevant. 2. No, this is an online duel academy ofc ur not gonna be tested on ur grammar or spelling, you will help duelists with their decks and improve their skills npt their grammar. Tbh scorpion that post was just spamming

First of all, I don't care what you think my post was, it was focused on the quality of the article itself, also, for being Teacher, who are hired to post and type out articles, it would be nice to have someone to proofread it and post the fixed one.

I understand his first language is Chinese, but the least he can do it post it in the staff section to be proofread.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:46 am

Scorpinking just leave it as how he wants to do it
Back to top Go down
Prince Kaizer
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Prince Kaizer

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:54 am

This post is NOT meant to insult anyone. I see Scorpion's point as I find a very articulate lesson more appealing and I feel you Patrick.

Introduction

Continuous effect is considered as the fastest in comparison with other effects. The reason why it is as stated is because it does not activate and automatically resolves when the requirements are met.

Note number 1: Continuous effect cards are not easy to control; however, it is controllable via their effect requirements.

Note number 2: Even when a chain is on play, the effect of the continuous card is not subsidiary with it because as I said, it activates upon met requirements.

Examples

Example number 1:

Player A controls a Malefic Blue-eyes White Dragon and he wants to exchange his field spell from Necrovalley to Malefic World in order to summon Malefic Truth Dragon; however, player B says that Malefic Blue-Eyes Dragon will be destroyed because as the effect of Malefic Blue-eyes White Dragon states:

Quote :
If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.

As player B explains this, player A decided to act as a mentally challenged individual and retaliated with hurtful, and defamatory words to player B and because of this, a Dueling Network in-game administrator was called to resolve this problem.

Administrative Decision: Administrator will then say that player A is wrong and that player B was right. Apart from that, player A will also receive a game loss and an oral warning for such antiques from player A unless found out that it was a major harassment or severe, it would lead to a ban.

Conclusion: The reason why Malefic Blue-eyes White Dragon would be destroyed is because upon the destruction of the Field Spell (Proper: Remove from the field, set the new Field Spell first, and then flipped face-up), the old Field Spell undeniably lost its effect (Also noted that it is no longer in play or in field or controlled by player A) and was replaced with the new Field Spell (Applicable for cards that do not trigger in grave/banish) and that is when the said monster’s effect: “If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.” kicks in.

Example number 2:

Player A controls an Ojama King and an Ojama Knight thus all monster zones in the field of player B’s are officially unavailable for usage. Player B activates Book of Moon to flip Ojama King face down and then summoned a Tuner to prepare for a Synchro summon; however, player A plays Book of Taiyou in order to flip Ojama King back to face up again and states that Ojama King’s effect resolves and blocks 2 monster zones. A debate once again started and an administrator was called in as the mediator for the deliberation.

Administrative Decision: The administrator will state that the effect of Ojama King is continuous and as said in its mechanics, the effect will be applied IF and ONLY IF the requirements are met so when one of the monster zones have been occupied, Ojama King already ‘missed’ the opportunity to block 3 monster zones for its effect to apply.

Example number 3:

Player A has 4 cards in hand (One of them is Mystical Space Typhoon) and has a face down Dark Bribe. Player B controls a Fabled Unicore and has 2 cards in hand; player B also has a facedown Reckless Greed.

Player A activates Mystical Space Typhoon in order to destroy Reckless Greed, player B chains Reckless Greed, then player A chained Dark Bribe so as the chain resolves, what will happen? Please post your answer as I want to see how many people would get this correct.

Code:
Hi, I’m Patrick and today I will be discussing ‘Continuous Effect’ cards.

[color=#FF0000][center][b][size=18]Introduction[/size][/b][/center][/color]

[justify]Continuous effect is considered as the fastest in comparison with other effects. The reason why it is as stated is because it does not activate and automatically resolves when the requirements are met.

[b]Note number 1:[/b] Continuous effect cards are not easy to control; however, it is controllable via their effect requirements.

[b]Note number 2:[/b] Even when a chain is on play, the effect of the continuous card is not subsidiary with it because as I said, it activates upon met requirements.[/justify]

[color=#FF0000][center][b][size=18]Examples[/size][/b][/center][/color]

[color=#FFFF00][b][size=14]Example number 1:[/size][/b][/color]

[justify]Player A controls a Malefic Blue-eyes White Dragon and he wants to exchange his field spell from Necrovalley to Malefic World in order to summon Malefic Truth Dragon; however, player B says that Malefic Blue-Eyes Dragon will be destroyed because as the effect of Malefic Blue-eyes White Dragon states:[/justify]

[quote]If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.[/quote]

[justify]As player B explains this, player A decided to act as a mentally challenged individual and retaliated with hurtful, and defamatory words to player B and because of this, a Dueling Network in-game administrator was called to resolve this problem.

[b]Administrative Decision:[/b] Administrator will then say that player A is wrong and that player B was right. Apart from that, player A will also receive a game loss and an oral warning for such antiques from player A unless found out that it was a major harassment or severe, it would lead to a ban.

[b]Conclusion:[/b] The reason why Malefic Blue-eyes White Dragon would be destroyed is because upon the destruction of the Field Spell (Proper: Remove from the field, set the new Field Spell first, and then flipped face-up), the old Field Spell undeniably lost its effect (Also noted that it is no longer in play or in field or controlled by player A) and was replaced with the new Field Spell (Applicable for cards that do not trigger in grave/banish) and that is when the said monster’s effect: “If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.” kicks in.[/justify]

[color=#FFFF00][b][size=14]Example number 2:[/size][/b][/color]

[justify]Player A controls an Ojama King and an Ojama Knight thus all monster zones in the field of player B’s are officially unavailable for usage. Player B activates Book of Moon to flip Ojama King face down and then summoned a Tuner to prepare for a Synchro summon; however, player A plays Book of Taiyou in order to flip Ojama King back to face up again and states that Ojama King’s effect resolves and blocks 2 monster zones. A debate once again started and an administrator was called in as the mediator for the deliberation.

[b]Administrative Decision:[/b] The administrator will state that the effect of Ojama King is continuous and as said in its mechanics, the effect will be applied IF and ONLY IF the requirements are met so when one of the monster zones have been occupied, Ojama King already ‘missed’ the opportunity to block 3 monster zones for its effect to apply.[/justify]

[color=#FFFF00][b][size=14]Example number 3:[/size][/b][/color]

[justify]Player A has 4 cards in hand (One of them is Mystical Space Typhoon) and has a face down Dark Bribe. Player B controls a Fabled Unicore and has 2 cards in hand; player B also has a facedown Reckless Greed.

Player A activates Mystical Space Typhoon in order to destroy Reckless Greed, player B chains Reckless Greed, then player A chained Dark Bribe so as the chain resolves, what will happen? Please post your answer as I want to see how many people would get this correct.[/justify]

@Patrick: If you want, you can private message me the lesson first so I can re-vise it to a more readable and comprehend-able state.

I also took the liberty of redoing some of your terms and another tip, please make the card names full and not indicate 'that boss card' Smile.

Lastly, what Chinese language do you major in? Fukien, or Mandarin?

Last edited by Prince Kaizer on Mon May 19, 2014 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ygoda.forumtl.com/
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:58 am

Kaizer thats a cool layout
Back to top Go down
CryonixHeat™
CryonixHeat
CryonixHeat
CryonixHeat™

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Took my like 5 minutes minutes to realize that wasn't your signature area lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

continous effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: continous effect   continous effect Empty

Back to top Go down

continous effect
Page 1 of 1