North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Are Lightsworns Balanced?

Go down 
+4
Hero
iAmFlam3ezZ
hazmah
Professor Banner
8 posters

Yes
Are Lightsworns Balanced? I_vote_lcap67%Are Lightsworns Balanced? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 12 ]
No
Are Lightsworns Balanced? I_vote_lcap33%Are Lightsworns Balanced? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Are Lightsworns Balanced? Empty
PostSubject: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 pm

So, over the past couple of weeks I have had a few debates with people in the chatbox. The debates lay on the question, are Lightsworn balanced?

My personal opinion is yes. They are balanced. My reasoning for this is as follows. Nearly every Lightsworn makes you mill around 2-3 cards every end phase with out question, no matter how bad that Lightsworn's effect is. Take 'Shire, Lightsworn Spirit' in my opinion this is one of the worst Lightsworns that are usable. Yet you still have to mill 2 cards every end phase it's on the field. While doing this you run a risk of milling your boss monster Judgment Dragon. When if you run the basic Lightsworn deck, makes it particularly difficult to get back, unless you run Monster Reincarnation or Beckoning Light.. which can be a pretty big down side if you have no other cards in your hand to use these cards with. As most Lightsworn Players tend to run x3 Royal Decree they don't run things like Beckoning Light. In my opinion this card is so bad and situational. The fact that you run very few traps and very few spells you also run a huge risk of being hit by the heavy backrow everyone is currently running at the moment due to the ban of Heavy Storm.

As Judgment Dragon has no effect that means he is unaffected by spell and traps, this straight away means that he isn't as good as cards like Beelze Of The Diabolic Dragons that can be easily summoned and make it more difficult for their opponent to deal with. He (I have decided Judgement Dragon is a he) also has a requirement to even be able to summon it. This is having four or more Lightsworn Monsters in your graveyard with different names. So if they start off with a slow hand this is much easier said then done. Also, if you do manage to summon him, then you need to pay 1000 life points to nuke the field. Due to the META that we have now, this card is EXTREMELY easy to counter with a large amount of generic cards. In a match duel this deck is easily sided against.

They can OTK/FTK if built very well just like a lot of decks. However, as an archetype I do not feel they are over powered. I have been running Lightsworns for around 1 year and a half. Way before they got their recent support. So I know that even with this new support they are not that much better than what they use to be. If people could tolerate them before the support why can they all of a sudden not tolerate them? It's not like they are the worst deck to come out. Wind-Ups absolutely tore apart their format. When D-Rulers came out, they shredded their format. Lightsworn have done nothing to make themselves broken. In my opinion, they are balanced.
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:08 pm

tbh im not readin that XD but I guess they are ...
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 pm

in my opinion no they are not balanced cos they got a bls and an exciton. Exciton being JD and BLS as the synchro. Also they do not have the effect that they cant atk and JD's eff can be used multiple times to get rid of maestroke and 101. Also with the milling engine being really slow its not actually as raiden gives you 4 mills and if u run needle nest (or whatever its called that mills 5) then altogether you get 9 mills by the end of ur opponents turn. Also with cards like solar recharge and brigade you can increase the mill count. Also having no backrow is a good thing so when JD nukes you do not lose many resources if any. Also if ur opponent is dominating you can use the synchros eff to get increase ur life points and put more cards in ur deck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 pm

I respect that opinion, however right now in the game, everyone is running a lot of heavy backrow with things like Bujin, Fire Fist, Madolche, Gravekeeper and what ever it is you run. Which can make it harder for Lightsworns to go off. Often I find that I can't go off first turn and that's down to heavy backrow, and it takes me a few turns to even manage to go off. xD
Back to top Go down
iAmFlam3ezZ
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

Warnings : 2nd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Lightsworns are honestly the sackiest deck I've ever seen in this game... 

That being said, they're also prone to opening REALLY bad, and in addition to that, pure Lightsworns without any Lightrays or other spam engines (eg. Dragon Rulers) aren't as powerful as the previously mentioned decks.

However, I find that most people have a problem with Judgment Dragon, and not the deck itself. Yes, I'll admit that I and several others hate it when I see a Judgment Dragon reach the field, because I know if I get rid of it, I'm going to still see 1 or 2 more and in the end, I'll be fighting a losing battle against high leveled beaters on the field. However, take away this single Dragon and you have a deck that's almost completely worthless, if not running any Dragon Rulers or Lightrays, and even with said Dragons, the deck itself wouldn't be as well-off as it is now. 

Overall, yes Judgment Dragon is a powerful monster, but it is not an "unfair" card as it'll only be seen in 1 deck (yes, I count LS Rulers and Dragonsworn as one deck) and won't be seen elsewhere. Yes, his nuking effect is almost a guaranteed loss, but I've seen several LS players scoop before they even reach the necessary cards in the grave to setup his effect, since the entire deck itself is prone to inconsistency, even if built perfectly. What really surprises me is how people complain over Judgment Dragon in LS when you have other decks like Mermails spamming the field and destroying the field at the same time, or Geargias who generate so much recycling advantage that they almost never seem to stop spamming or run out resources.

Anyways, this is just my 2 cents on the matter itself.
Back to top Go down
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
hazmah

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Losses : 5
Wins : 19

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Flame ofc the deck would be useless the deck revolves around JD thats what it was built for and also they still have level 7 synchros they can go into or level 8's
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm

yeh i agree with flamez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:08 pm

I think that's a very good point flamez! It's good to see that you have considered both sides of the argument when making your decision.

We are at the moment 2-2 with the votes. So at the moment it would seem that half of us think it is balanced and the other half don't. I wonder how this poll will end up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm

@ Judgment Dragon: would you please stop using heavy backrow as a reason for making something balanced? its the worst argument known, as it basically justifies any monster who's effect activates on the field

You judge cards when they DON'T have counters being used against them, not when they do. If you do it the other way around, you make almost any card justifiable

That being said, Judgment Dragon is broken, but lightsworns by themselves are pretty underwhelming, and he HAS to work with these to be usable at all. This is what makes lightsworns as a deck, balanced
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 4:07 am

NOT REALLY I THINK LS ARE JUST SUPPORT FOR JUGDMENT DRAGON AND THE OTHER RULERZ
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:30 am

Lol all of u who says its OP are idiots. Why ? because if they were OP then they wud be topping. Check the starts LOL LS arent even Rogue ... say what???? Yes there not even on the Rogue list so yea guys get real T_T

Tier List: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1180128
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 am

Kaiza wrote:
@ Judgment Dragon: would you please stop using heavy backrow as a reason for making something balanced? its the worst argument known, as it basically justifies any monster who's effect activates on the field

You judge cards when they DON'T have counters being used against them, not when they do. If you do it the other way around, you make almost any card justifiable

That being said, Judgment Dragon is broken, but lightsworns by themselves are pretty underwhelming, and he HAS to work with these to be usable at all. This is what makes lightsworns as a deck, balanced

I'm not using Heavy backrow to justify it. I'm using the fact that you have to have 4 LS with different names in the graveyard to even summon it, pay 1000lp to use it's effect, and mill 4 cards in the EP. Along with the fact that Judgment Dragon is not generic, and can only be used a deck that has Lightsworns. If Judgment Dragon was as broken as you think it is, i'm pretty sure it would have been hit by now.
Back to top Go down
KleiNoel

KleiNoel

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 am

LS have extremelly good cards like JD that can be ss very easily, but it is a deck that can be countered in many ways like every light-attribution deck so for my opinion they are balanced and are not so OP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 8:15 am

Well, it seems like the majority vote for Lightsworn to be balanced, while the minority vote for it to be unbalanced. I'm not sure, but I would like to say my point is proven to all those who debated against me using their opinion of them not being balanced.
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:32 am

Well my reply is this:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=885037
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Seto idont thinnk you could advertise that
Back to top Go down
Professor Banner
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Professor Banner

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 1:20 pm

its not advertisement...
Back to top Go down
The Life Less One
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
The Life Less One

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Seto the link you posted has reference to LoL forum... So it is advertising to an extent since you posted URL which is non Yugioh related without permission. My response to this is that anyone who thinks LS aren't balanced are stupid as they still need to acknowledge other decks that beep slap LS.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 4:58 pm

@Judgment Dragon: okay the only part that made JD balanced was the 4 lightsworns needed; if you seriously think, 1000 lifepoints cost + the fact that it mills 4 is a balancing factor, you don't know what balanced is

I already said lightsworns in general are balanced, as JD is busted, while LS are meh. Also, judgment dragon was hit some time back, to 2, when LS first came out. When that didn't work, they hit everything else around it, the same way konami REFUSES to kill dragon rulers, but is content murdering dragunities and slapping hieratics instead, to keep them around.

If you want to know why Judgment Dragon is at 3, its why charge of the light brigade is at 1. Sure, it'll make ALOT more sense to hit what's actually broke, but we're konami! Lets's hit what makes said broken card playable, cause, brilliance!
Back to top Go down
The Life Less One
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
The Life Less One

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Kaiza wrote:

When that didn't work, they hit everything else around it, the same way konami REFUSES to kill dragon rulers, but is content murdering dragunities and slapping hieratics instead, to keep them around.

The BS is strong with this one. Konami tried to hit D Rulers twice. Also the fact that your mentioning dragunity and hieratic makes me kinda laugh. They hit dragunity for dragunity rulers and hieratics for hieratic rulers. The only reason they will NOT ban the adult dragons is because they are decent supports for other decks. The fact that it is better to hit one archetype is better than hitting cards which are splashable in more decks. Hieratic Rulers are still extremely good so you have no reason to complain on that note because they only lost one seal. If they hit the rulers more then the deck hieratic rulers would not be played and then comes other deck variants that cannot be played any more. The dragons are fine now so complaining anymore is futile. Konkani hit the babies and hoped everything would be fine when that didn't not work they limited all adult dragons. What more do you want? All of them gone since they don't help prophecy?
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 am

The polls came to a conclusion, this is getting heated i honestly believe we have an answer to the question in this topic. HENCE topic locked Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Lightsworns Balanced?   Are Lightsworns Balanced? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North Academy :: Discussions :: Extra Discussion-
Jump to: