North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.

Go down 
+2
Kakashi Hatake
KuriMaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KuriMaster
Admin
Admin
KuriMaster

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. Empty
PostSubject: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Since i've been in the hospital, I've been doing a lot of thinking. I think NA has a great deal of history. That being said, I don't think it's wise to trample over that stuff. Me, and the other admins have been working on a backup plan to help both sides to this. I don;t think it's right to trample over all this. Working on something that is about 10x bigger.

In order for any forum to be truly big/large in scale, the idea has to be an original concept. During this time, I've been desining a new idea for more than just 1 subject, The idea includes, MTG online, yugioh, tacos are good, pokemon showdown, and anime roleplay based tournaments and events. Have a fun tournent/strategy based site connecting multiple discord channels, and fun activities to link everyone together was this intention.

We will have a facebook, twitter, and discord group for chats with a forum for a main source for communication. ] It won't be a forumotion site. But of course launching something like this requires careful planning. All-in-all I want everyone here to have a really active forum with 1200 members and not be corrupt, drama indulged, and boring with no activities.

Been talking to other people about this and this site should be operational by the start of this summer. around the time of spring break I will announce a url address and have more details. If anyone wishes to help, pm me on discord. I plan to leave this site as a stepping stone to something even greater. This is a good site, but in order for it to be really successful, we need to expand our spectrum of interests and have different events.

I will need help with a facebook manager, and some support with discord. Once again, if any questions/offers for support private messane me on discord. Name is: Lucien Ridgesaw #0193

Thanks everyone for being reading,
KuriMaster
Back to top Go down
Kakashi Hatake
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 7:44 pm

This post is thoroughly explain why you should really plan this out more. So essentially you are just doing a general gaming forum. Eh not a good idea at this point in time because tbh :

1) you are definitely  rushing  it because if it's not going to be a forumotion forum what is it going to be? IPB? Please, give me a break... I doubt that you  would be able to pay 200 bucks per month upfront. Weebly? Just even mentioning this one makes me laugh. All the other host sites are either expensive as fuck, take a lot of work, or just as shitty as weebly.

2)" MTG online, yugioh, tacos are good, pokemon showdown, and anime roleplay based tournaments and events.". The second problem is the fact that you have no focus... the only multi-game forums that do well are the ones that were able to get a lot of supporters from the primary game they bloomed from because something that has no focus and is just out there will not catch the eye of the gamers.

3) Moving to another site and changing games is not a solution. The problem with this site in the first place was that everyone stopped trying to recruit ( well rather it was becoming increasingly difficult to actually recruit)but regardless noone was recruiting. How do you expect to get 1200 active users on one site if we can't even get 5 users on for 24 hours.

4) This site can't be a stepping stone to a greater site because right now this "stone" is cracked and i guarantee you that anyone who steps on this stone before properly sealing it will step in the crack and decide to turn away. People won't follow your new site if they notice that you can't even manage the old site.

Anyway that's all i had to say
Back to top Go down
Striker
Striker

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 2:32 pm

what he said.....
Back to top Go down
KuriMaster
Admin
Admin
KuriMaster

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 8:44 pm

@kakashi: Can you help come up with ways to make this a better place or make it work? I don't want to make this forum only about me, I'm the manager of it, but by no means should be the one person to run it. I'll help get a site rolling.

Also, I hear what your saying about my idea needing more thoughts and planning. I don't think its a good idea for just 1 person to think of everything. Thus, yes I have thought about it and I'm saying I'd like to have other people help. If you have ways to make the a better site and a better community, I'd like to hear them.

The crack in the stepping stone in my opinion is caused by others thinking reviving the same thing that doesn't work over and over again the same way will have better results. All that does it waste time and energy. If something doesn't work, it makes sense to try something else.

Message me on discord, I posted my username several times but i haven't gotten too many pms.

@everyone else: Like I said just think yugioh is too narrow of a focus. We need something that's not too narrow to make people want to join and keep them interested.

I've been thinking of ideas, If anyone else is, PM ME my discord is Lucien Ridgesaw#0193 This idea has been posted a while ago, and I've practically received no messages on there except somone saying "yo".
Back to top Go down
Kakashi Hatake
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:06 pm

I sent a request to you on discord. I will tell you how i think you should approach that idea
Back to top Go down
KuriMaster
Admin
Admin
KuriMaster

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 5:10 am

Yes gled we talked, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 5:21 am

Just one question, do Kalin and Phantom know about this and are they prepared to help or use this plan?
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 2
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 7:44 am

I sent a request on discord, I would like to have a chat with you mister.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:25 am

Hopefully this revival works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.   Appologies and a exciting/important announcement. Empty

Back to top Go down

Appologies and a exciting/important announcement.
Page 1 of 1