North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]

Go down 
+2
KZane
Shameless
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

Immune to warnings? : No

The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] Empty
PostSubject: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 am

The Duel of Hōmusuteddo
Note, if u don't want to take part in rp aspect but just the duels. This is fine still make a vault for deck purposes and we can treat you like an NPC. 
The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] Nebula_and_planet_13252_1920x12001

The ever center of reality existing long before you, before the ape before the elephant, Before the Pegasus as well. The coin, the bread, the stone before the Earth itself, reaching far beyond all we know and love though the void of the big bang existed a single planet which went by the name Pandora.  Pandora would be an amazing place, full of happiness, life with reaching landscapes of beautiful greenish meadows, purple trees tops and an ever growing wilderness to explore. The planet itself would grow ever larger to adjust to the biological life, bearing foundation on Pandora back.

In the center of this marvelous world would exist a city. A grand city representing the height of Humanity from the dawn of time to the real world today something Mankind always tried to achievement but would ever fail.  The city would have long reaching streets with marble-paved roads, concrete buildings ranging from one story to tree stories. Red running rooftops with steam rivers following not too high above. Water channels connection from all sides of the city, bringing fresh water for all to drink and freelly flowing into the houses of this cities grand community.

Technology "Wind, Steam, and Water powered though still quite advanced. [Political nature]: Competitive Yugioh]. Power: Well a punch to the face, does more than summoning the blue eyes white dragon.

The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] 123124

WAIT!!!!! LET ME CONTINUE FROM HERE ... " "Fine!"
The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] Neliei_3452792_900_622Hello dear friend, i would like to tell you a few things regarding the secrets about Hōmusuteddo that the boss won't tell you, first off you can have enough to survive and be happy but for anything more you need to gain power and political influence and only one way to do that is through Dueling. 

Second: They tell you everything is happy, peacefull and perfect with this great world pandora being safe, well then i ask you "WHY DID WE BUILD THAT GREAT STONE OF WALL". Fishy if you ask me?.

Finally: you may want to train yourself in, combat methods because, a duel will not stop a blade from slicing your throat if thigns go south.

During the early chapters, and world baring. It will be simply developing your character, your dueling, and developing your political view of the world. Though remember to develop yourselves in multiple roads as suggested by your dear friend. A card game is simply a card game. Shit will get real. 

How things will starts
1. Tournament in RP [semi intruction]. 
2. The Linkage of dorm rooms [North academy will exist within the roleplay]
3.  Then you will roleplay together in smaller groups, starting your own paths. Taverns pushing political duels, and developing each of your own personal plots. At a point things will get real though. 

Note: The more effort you put in the more[Effort not skill[, I'm willing to let your personal plot effect the world plot. 

To enter this roleplay you will need a roleplaying Vault with a Character created. 
Please copy this template into your section 2 of your vaults. Note you can, enter as yourself as a member of north academy in which case. Your name, history and personality isn't required [but a link to your test exam will be, since your character will be based on your current stats according to the forum. In this case only. Additionally please find a dueldisk you like, and add to your section 3. 

Code:
[img]*PUT IMAGE HERE*[/img]
[center][size=12][b]Name:[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]age:[/b][/size[/center][size=12][size=12][size=12][size=12][size=12]
[center][size=12][b]Gender: [/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Personality: 200 WORDS[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Hair Color: [/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Eye Color: [/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Height: [/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Weight: [/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Appearance: [/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Deck: Pending Roll[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]Special Traits: Offensive gameplay[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12][b]History: 200 WORDS.[/b][/size]
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Ok Folks. Its time to Ban decks or cards.

The current Meta is Banned. With option for use under nerfing. 

satella "if you really want this type, for character reasons ok, id work out a nerf with you. 
Majespector  "Limited to 2 of each monsters, and limited extra deck.
Performal - mage' Go away.
Kozmo - nope sorry. 

You guys have 24 hours. from this post for additional decks to be added to this list. After which. It will be Pic the deck you want with a general rule applied regarding staples, and generic extra decks. 
Thank you and have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Current TCG Meta (Including Master of Pendulum and Monarch Structure Decks):
PePe (Performage + Performapals) -- This includes ANY Performage or Performapal Variant
Kozmo -- Obvious meta is obvious
Majespectors -- They top almost as much as Kozmo, when PePe isn't dominating all top 32 spots
Tellarknights -- The current format's Anti-Meta... also, they won worlds
Pendulum Magicians/OEM -- This was the OCG metegame before PePe came into full power with Joker and Plush, and it was just as frightening.
Monarchs -- When this is the ONLY other goddamn deck in the OCG format that can stand up to PePe, because they shut down nearly every function the deck has, there's something wrong.

Current OCG Meta:
PePe, PePe and more PePe -- Every variation, from the OEM era to the Mono-Pal era to now has been hell in the OCG.
Burning Abyss -- Actually, with the TCG banlist, they're not as scary. But they're still meta.
Monarchs -- Read TCG meta logs.

TL;DR:
All those decks need to either be nerfed or outright banned in order for this RP to be a little balanced. Although this will let other decks shine and become the RP meta (like YangZing variants and D/D/D) these "RP Meta Decks" can be regulated easier than the current state of the YuGiOh meta.
Balance is rather impossible in this game. But it is possible to attempt to make it a little more entertaining for players.
Back to top Go down
KZane

KZane

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:42 pm

so i cant use stellars?
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:47 pm

There is no "ban list" for the RP yet. However, it seems likely that tellars will either be banned, or have restrictions, so that other players can enjoy playing in the role-play.
Back to top Go down
KZane

KZane

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:57 pm

well that sorta sucks becuase then people will come with all these new cards and dominate us all
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:59 pm

The new stuff. is going get rekt 2. Don't worry. Compared to the new stuff, stellars won't be hit that hard. While setellars with a slight adjustment. Could be fine .
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 4:53 pm

To reiterate my opinion about this topic, I'll boil it all down to my simple opinion:

Banned Decks
PePe (The archtypes that are Performage and Performapal). Just those cards. The tech called Luster isn't a problem card. He's only poisonous when he pops plush, because of the +1 it generates.
Monarchs. We don't need excessive anti-meta in this tourney.
Majespectors. Same thing as Monarchs.
Kozmo. With the others gone, this would be tier 0. So it's gone too.
Pendulum Magicians (AKA, OEM). This was the metagame before PePe came to be a terror. Should be gone too.

Regulated Decks
Tellarknights. Although they are anti-meta (and I explained anti-meta won't be good for this RP), they can be regulated to prevent excessive pain.
Burning Abyss. Although the TCG banlist has hit them hard, they can still OTK with only 1 graff--considering the OTK only required 1 graff to begin with anyway.
Yang Zing. It's the same logic as above. With the banned decks above banned, Yang Zing will be incredibly hard to take down.
D/D/Ds. Once again, it's the same logic. In the OCG this deck was meta for a short period of time before PePe went into full power. The ability to crank out three 2800+ atk beaters in a single turn because of the use of 1 card can be a threat without regulation.

Other Suggestions
A combined banlist of the current TCG and OCG gamestate.
The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] CsVuY7Z
It looks like this. This can help reduce broken combos that exist in both the TCG and OCG cardpool (as well as utterly obliterate some other unmentioned archtypes so that they aren't ever a problem).

Another suggestion is only allowing S/T to exist in decks that directly fuel the archtype's purpose, or are specific and important to that archtype.
I.E: Yangzings only get S/T that directly influence the yangzing name (or Wyrm monsters in general), or get to use cards like Jar of Avarice, because it helps fuel the Yangzing defensive loop.
Back to top Go down
KZane

KZane

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:07 am

IF u ask me let only decks that the participants made themself count. I hate to say this but then no meta or things like that and no over power decks
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:29 pm

[quote=Ok you can take any deck within the game as your characthers deck. though if someone else has taken the deck, you may not take the deck unless given permisson and their is a roleplay reason for your decks to match, of fill the same deck type. [No]=under no conditions, Nerfing = May allow under a strong nerfing condition and Com = community vote.Using Tcg Banlist, and outside of deck archtype support or a key funcationing card Ocg cards generally will not be allowed. [On requesting your deck please state which ocg you want].Note Ocg cards will show up in roleplay packs, as time goes on.]Banned Decks
PePe [No]
Monarchs [New ones]
Majespectors. [Nerfing] 
Kozmo. [No]
Pendulum Magicians (AKA, OEM).[No]
Tellarknights. [Nerf]
Burning Abyss.[Stick to archtype, and limited toolbox]
Yang Zing. [Stick to archtype even more so with S/T and Limited toolbox],  
D/D/Ds. [Com]
Infernoids [com]
Exodia [You may use a variation but, not a draw your entire deck version]

I am also banning the use of staples, outside the use of 3 per person. Bad deck will get a boost to this.
This is on condition your deck isn't conditioned above. This includes such  thing like Geki, Dark Hole, Bottomless. [Space Typhoon, is allowed].[/quote]
Back to top Go down
KZane

KZane

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:32 pm

oky can i take Tellarknights?
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:49 pm

Sure, though remember warning their will be a nerf. Which could contain the following as potential.
Banning of a specific xyzs, limiting the tool box space. Or limiting the amount you have of each one.

Though make yourself what you declare a nerfed version and pm me it. If i feel it needs further nerfing I will.
Back to top Go down
lightningyugi
Uchiha Black and Red
lightningyugi

Warnings : First Warning

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Has the ro started I wanted to know because I would like to join
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:22 pm

lightningyugi wrote:
Has the ro started I wanted to know because I would like to join

If you wish to join, go make a vault. All the links you need can be found in JessicaFX's signature.
Back to top Go down
lightningyugi
Uchiha Black and Red
lightningyugi

Warnings : First Warning

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Ok thanks
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Nope, the roleplay hasn't started yet. For your vault, just make a topic in your dorm. 5 Blank posts. id make the links for you, please use the second post. For ur Characther. 

And please grab a deck. I will start the roleplay say, next saturday. Gives me time to create decent content, and gives you guys. time to get involved.  Though i will start Roleplay duels eariler though.
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

Warnings : No Warning

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

what about magican odd eyes is that allowed or , cyber draongs with ocg cards, infernoids?
Back to top Go down
KZane

KZane

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am

stephen.borkowski wrote:
what about magican odd eyes is that allowed or , cyber draongs with ocg cards, infernoids?

if magician odd eye's is then im out.....
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:27 am

KZane wrote:
stephen.borkowski wrote:

if magician odd eye's is then im out.....

Apparently both of you have trouble reading previous posts.
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:51 am

I read it fine but infernoids not being touched that's odd
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:48 am

As far as the Odd eyes od say no. Cyber Infinity is a key card i guess thats coming, but also quite strong. I will ok cyber dragon stuff unless 2 others of the community are strongest agaisnt that.

Well if you notice, in my post i have Infernoids listed as [Com]. So i figured I'd let the community decided on that one. Reason i am unsure on the deck. Without say a lightwurm engine it becomes more like malefics.
Back to top Go down
stephen.borkowski

stephen.borkowski

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Very well and if you psy-frames? Or drago slayers variants of decks
Back to top Go down
RiceFarmer

RiceFarmer

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:44 pm

This sounds fun. I think I made my character's vault correctly. I'm not sure though. Is there anything else I have to do to join this?
Back to top Go down
JessicaFx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
JessicaFx

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Delaying this, to next year.  I do have some thigns prepared already. but i don't neccerlly have the time currentlly, to full out run propperlly. 
Feel free to roleplay duel, with the decks you have picked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]   The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Duel of Hōmusuteddo [Semi Done]
Page 1 of 1