North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? Empty
PostSubject: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:21 am

The answer to this question is Psy-Frames. This guy tried to grind with me, but couldn't handle the pressure of Wind-Up Rabbit, Omega, Overload and Hand Traps!

Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? LNLb4Ue
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:54 am

yeah those psy's are interesting, i think am gonna main them too anyway wp mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:15 am

Yeah they're pretty good, the only thing is, Kozmo can side cards like royal decree or trap stun without potentially crippling themselves, in order to counter imperial iron wall, whereas Psy-Frames can't, unless they take out their overload trap, which can hurt the deck significantly, so the only answer is to run MST and destruction cards.

I recommend maining them, no one likes playing against them, so you get a lot of free wins. I had about 5 or 6 people rage on me and that's just today.

Some guy saw me place my field spell on the field then in order to stop me being able to use my Psy-Frames in the first place, activated Vanity's Emptiness in response. So I normal summoned Cardcar D, activated his effect to draw two cards, drew MST and popped his other set card with it, so that his Vanity's Emptiness would be destroyed from the card I destroyed going to grave, leaving him with an open field and 2 cards short on his turn.

He raged after that. People just don't like duelling the deck.
Back to top Go down
Rissy

Rissy

Immune to warnings? : No

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:00 pm

The issue is people don't know how to play around the deck. It is fairly easy to handle. You just wait for you to have to right cards to deal with them. Psy-Frames are very good, but the game becomes significantly harder when playing someone who actually knows how to fight the deck, regardless of what deck you are playing. Being such, Psy-frames are no hard counter to Kozmo in the least. I've had more trouble against my own Fluffals, with the sheep-saber play. Aside from that, there is no real issue with any of the decks this format. No deck really counters another, completely. Those side and tech choices are rough on some though. Mind crush is the worst thing to see when playing psyframe, and a lot of people choose to main it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Though your comment on Mind Crush being a good card against Psy-Frames is true, they do tend to start maining Imperial Iron Wall a bit more if they run a deck that doesn't need to banish, which is why I found myself maining Decree in my Kozmo build, where as you can't really do that in Psy-frames because you need your trap to function well usually.
Back to top Go down
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
Kalin Kessler

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:13 pm

simply put,kozmos need proof make a psy-frame deck
Back to top Go down
https://northacademy.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 6:05 am

What do you mean by need proof? xD
Back to top Go down
Kalin Kessler
Founder
Founder
Kalin Kessler

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 43
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:58 am

kozmos have 3 major things over psy-frames,their self-banishing effs(which fucks those hand traps),the side game(Kozmos could run shit like Decree,the hands,Spell Cancel etc),lastly Destroyer,with his 3k atk is a nightmare for any Psy-Frames,plus they can't target him,making cards like BOM,their trap,utterly useless
Back to top Go down
https://northacademy.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Though that's true, I've never actually had much of an issue with Kozmo, their self banishing effects can still be negated by cards such as Psy-Framegear Gamma and when and I do that, I will usually have my field spell on the field, leaving me open to be able to synchro summon Omega, which in turn could allow me to banish any potential threat from your hand before it hits the field. This is just one possible scenario off the top of my head on how I would and have, personally dealt with Kozmo while playing Psy-Framegears!

I see you mentioned some possible siding advantages to playing Kozmo, in which I 100% agree with, I can't side royal decree without potentially losing the ability to use Overload, but I can side spell/trap destruction cards to try and prevent this from happening, which I've done before.

I once had my opponent flip a vanity's emptiness on me, and I just normal summoned cardcar D and drew an MST with it, and just MST'd their other spell/trap and it also destroyed vanity. So the spell/trap destruction cards do help me to overcome the problems, but you are correct in saying that Kozmo have a siding advantage over Psy-Frames.

As for destroyer, if they manage to get as far as getting out Destroyer, I do run dark hole and Raigeki but that's very situational.

I feel that Kozmo and Psy-Frames will be grinding for power over the other for a fair bit this format, until one of them gets a bit more support if at all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?   Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kozmo vs Psy-Frames, who wins?
Page 1 of 1