North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? Empty
PostSubject: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Okay, so im not sure if everyone is aware but monarch's have recently gotten support in the ocg format, obviously TCG will also probably receive the new support cards soon.

However, even with the new support, are monarch's good enough to compete with the likes of nekroz, shaddolls, qli, majispecters, greydles, magicians and other top tier decks?

Please share your input.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:55 pm

They could probably give them a decent fight, but I'm not too sure they will be good enough to consider being competitive enough to beat all the above decks.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tester
Tester
Blue

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Wins : 1

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:57 pm

hmm indeed like JD said they can help your combos and games out but i dont think it will be a big deal, they dont have really hard counters.
Back to top Go down
Rissy

Rissy

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Recently, with the ban of Tellarknight Ptolemaeus in the OCG, Cyber Dragon Infinity has declined as the meta definer. (Can't wait for it to be gone in the TCG as well.) With this, the strongest deck in the OCG, which is the performapal pendulum, has lost a huge power boost. With this, the meta over there is now split between 3 decks pretty much. Performapal pendulum, even with its lack of infinity now, still powers through various tops with its massive consistency/search power and powerful rank 4 combos/otks. Alone side it are the newer additions, which is BA, beefed up with powerful 3-of cards like skill drain, tour guide, ect, not to mention their new OCG exclusive, Beatrice, the Eternal Lady. This deck, being the new flavor for them, has topped sooooo many events, but I would say it is still the weakest of the 3 powerhouses. Next is the deck in which this topic is about, Monarchs. Monarchs have been so powerful with their support in the OCG. Claiming as many tops as the performapal pendulum deck. Reason being, powerful consistency, draw power and built in flood gates that completely shut out your opponent being able to play. The card in question, their field spell, The Dominion of the Legendary Monarch. This card will single handed win a game, since all you need to do is play it and then do what monarchs do best, make a tribute monster. Along with all the support, and ability to replace the monster if destroyed, it becomes rather easy to play through your opponents resources, all while controlling the duel.

Now, for the TCG, this deck will for sure become a huge placer in our tcg meta. As soon as it is released, it will be claiming top spots. Why? Simple, because it has the speed and engine to do so, without anything on the list to stop it. Big monsters are big and keeping your opponent from playing a children's card game has become the underlining purpose of most players. That is why you see cards like Mistake, Lose 1 Turn, Marco, Vanity's Emptiness in people's decks. They do nothing for your engine, unless maybe you are playing Ritual Beasts with Marco. The point of these cards, they keep your opponent from playing, without hurting you and can completely take a game/match. Monarchs don't exactly play these cards, but as stated, they get cards like The Dominion of the Legendary Monarch, which literally says, "your opponent can't summon from the extra deck". 90% of decks in the meta need the extra deck to play. Yes, some don't, but just with this single card, you beat over half of your match-ups, at the start. Best of all, it can be searched and main decked, without hurting the monarch deck one bit.

Now I know what some of the more casual players may be thinking. "Oh, but decks like Yosenju, Ritual Beasts, Heros, (insert random stun deck here) all run these types of cars, why don't they top and win? Simple, weak engines. A lot of stun decks have either weaker, slower engines, or have to add additional support to be safe and beat the decks with stronger engines, a.k.a. floodgates. Monarchs simply have a powerful engine to feed their plays, with the option of shutting out your opponent as well. Right now, our strongest "stun" deck in the meta would be our newest archetype, PSY-Frames. Their ability to stop plays, as well as interrupt their opponents during either turn is exactly what most "stun" decks want. Monarchs will be able to shut out plays, regardless of going first, or second, and have the power and consistency to keep up with all of our meta decks to date, even if their locks are broken, due to built in recovery, which is another thing most stun decks don't have. The power creep in this game has changed a LOT over the course of these last few formats, in how we play the game. Monarchs will be a part of that power creep and more importantly, they will be able to keep up with the additional insanity that we will be getting these next two sets. This game is going to change a lot, in terms of power, in the next coming formats and monarchs will be one of those big contributors to it.
Back to top Go down
(RPFC) Shiki
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
(RPFC) Shiki

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:12 am

Monachrs are stong. People do not really side agaisnt them at all what makes it harder for people to counter it. Still i dont think it will ever be compaditive like shaddols, nekroz etc

Its good as a fun deck btut thats all there is to it i think
Back to top Go down
Striker
Striker

Immune to warnings? : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

*Judgment Dragon* wrote:
They could probably give them a decent fight, but I'm not too sure they will be good enough to consider being competitive enough to beat all the above decks.

correction, i have actually seen/used monarchs rekin majispecters and magicians multiple times... as for the other decks...i'm pretty sure monarchs will make a good fight against shaddoll's and tellars considering u can use the majesty/vanity brothers and caius is really good card against shads.....i don't think it will rek nekroz, etc by itself but with a good side....anything is possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:34 am

Misaki wrote:
*Judgment Dragon* wrote:

correction, i have actually seen/used monarchs rekin majispecters and magicians multiple times... as for the other decks...i'm pretty sure monarchs will make a good fight against shaddoll's and tellars considering u can use the majesty/vanity brothers and caius is really good card against shads.....i don't think it will rek nekroz, etc by itself but with a good side....anything is possible

I've beaten Majispecters, magicians, shaddoll, Qli, Tellars etc etc with Lightsworn. That doesn't necessarily mean that Lightsworn are competitive enough to compete with all of the above decks in a general sense. Part of me can understand Monarchs being a challenge for the above decks, but I just can't see them being on the same level as the rest of them. Now, it might just be my casual as fuck side talking, but they haven't ever really shown themselves to be a problem from my experiences, but I do accept that I may be wrong on the matter. I suppose we'll see when they get this support in the TCG.
Back to top Go down
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
spud

Warnings : First Warning

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 am

Well monarchs had the element of surprise going for them which helped there rankings. For the most part though, if you stop idea, you're safe. Since notice is a thing now it'll probably be a lot easier to do that. So i mean ya they're good but they're as reliant on idea as psy-frames are to their field. They got a "jump" on us but if you're a semi-decent player you can stop em. It's like the tellar hype their first format.

PS
M8 if you're running performages it's supposed to compete w/ meta. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?   Are Monarchs competitive with the new support? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Monarchs competitive with the new support?
Page 1 of 1