North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

The star seraph combo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
duelking11

duelking11

Immune to warnings? : No
Wins : 1

The star seraph combo Empty
PostSubject: The star seraph combo   The star seraph combo EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm

First the cards:
Star Seraph Scepter
level 4 1800/400 Fairy light
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Star Seraph" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Star Seraph Scepter". An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using 3 or more monsters, including this card on the field, as Xyz Materials gains this effect.
● When it is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 other card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, you can draw 1 card

Star Seraph Sovereignty
Level 4 800/2000 Fairy Light
Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for an Xyz Summon that uses 3 or more monsters as Xyz Materials. If you Normal or Special Summon a "Star Seraph" monster(s), except during the Damage Step: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card, then you can Special Summon it if it is a "Star Seraph" monster.

OK Here is the combo Lets brake it down:
First you have to have Star seraph Soverignty i will refer to it as the chair and the Star Seraph scepter i will refer to it as the stick.
So you summon the stick and activate its effect upon its own normal summon then you can chain the chair to its effect as chain link 1 since both effects activate at the same time and you can choose the order of the chains.After that you search another chair from your deck to your hand so when (the chain link 2 effect from the stick) and then special summon the chair you had initially.After the summon of that chair(draw 1 card) you can activate the effect off the chair you added to your hand from scepter in a new chain and special summon it and draw for its effect.
So far so good...
It gets complicated(to me) when your opponent has responses to your effects.I expect critisism with pleasure.So Lets say our opp has veiler in hand When we summon scepter and we get to activate our effect first in response to our own summon and since the sovereignty in hand triggers at the same time all our chains are set chair cl 2 stick 1 he can now chain veiler as 3 and so we wont get the search from the scepter and we will be left with 2 vulnerable monsters even if we got the draw from chair.Same goes for maxx c since its last chain link with the special summon of soverignty from cl 2 he will get at least 1 card off it and if we want to xyz and get the second chair out he would get a total of 3.
But what if our opponent is packing some kind of summoning trap and has the chance to activate it in response to the summoning of scepter(as chain link 1) its obvious that a card like bottomless trap hole could remove the pesky scepter but since its summon was not negated it wont stop sovereignty from activating.Lets say its solemn warning then it would definately remove scepter from the field negating its summon and as a counter trap it would only allow other counter traps to activate in its response.

That is all that i can say about this combo feel free to add some of your general knolledge it would be appreciated and I know they are quite old now but please do share what do you think of this archetype Smile
Back to top Go down

The star seraph combo
Page 1 of 1