North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lelouch Lamperouge
Society of Light
Society of Light
Lelouch Lamperouge

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : 3rd Warning

Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata Empty
PostSubject: Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata   Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Original effect:When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. Banish any monster destroyed by battle with this card. If this face-up card would leave the field, banish it instead.

Errata effect :You can only use the (1) effect of “Dark Magician of Chaos” once per turn. (1) During the End Phase, if this card was Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. (2) At the end of the Damage Calculations, if this card destroyed an opponent’s monster by battle: Banish that monster. (3) If this card would leave the field, banish it instead.

2 big differences in this card's effect. Now you may only use his effect to add a spell card from you're grave once per turn, so you can't resummon/summon multiple DMOCs and add multiple spells and also you can only add at the end phase and not when you summon him.

my opinion: One i don't think DMOC really needed an errata since the dimension fusion loop wont work due to dimension fusion being banned forever(unless they do an errata and make it soul charge for banished cards). So without a consistent loop, don't see why it needs to be weakened to endphase instead on summon, but konami don't understand power creep too well.Even though i don't a loop that would work in modern day yugioh, im assuming someone better and smarter than me can find one but i doubt it will be consistent/competitive. The main use i see this card in is infernoids. Reasoning or monster gate this special summon a 2800 beater and add a new reasoning, monster gate, snatch steal etc at endphase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata   Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 pm

ehh they nerfed him,gj konami
Back to top Go down
OxidizedWinterHandApparel
Tester
Tester
OxidizedWinterHandApparel

PostSubject: Re: Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata   Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:56 pm

no one is even going to play DMOC
Back to top Go down
kirito

PostSubject: Re: Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata   Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:57 pm

i fell like noble knights will finally be a true condeter now cus they can recyle more
Back to top Go down
Lelouch Lamperouge
Society of Light
Society of Light
Lelouch Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata   Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:35 pm

WowThatsPrettySad wrote:
no one is even going to play DMOC
as the official dm fanboy, i will make DMOC variations of my dark magician decks. Also like i said in my post it will be a good tech for infernoids, since u can reasoning/monster gate it and then recycle the spell for next turn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata   Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata Empty

Back to top Go down

Single Card Discussion: Dark Magician Of Chaos errata
Page 1 of 1