North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz

Go down 
+7
TopGun
! ! Z3R0
Hero
Shrek
patrick1324
Gremlin
Shameless
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

Immune to warnings? : No
Wins : 1

Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:27 am

We've got less than a week before the release of Nekroz. So I'm going to give a lesson on how to side against them, as well as how to play against them.

It's been sometime since an Archtype straight out of the Duel Terminal universe has gotten some positive light. As a matter of fact, along with Qlis, this is the first time YuGiOh history that a DT Archtype will be considered Meta. And not only Meta, but absolute Tier 1.
No, this does not include Verz/Evilswarm. They were and still are considered Anti-Meta.

Anyway, while resisting the urge to dive into the explanations of their card art and lure, I'm here to teach you about the possible ways to side against this behemoth of a contender in the limelight.

The first way to combat Nekroz is to shut down or shunt their ability to freely search from the deck. This may include cards like:

Droll&Lock Bird
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz 38616

Thunder King Rai-Oh
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz ThunderKingRaiOh-TU08-EN-UtR-UE

Mistake
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz 20140615074734!Mistake-SHSP-EN-ScR-1E

Shared Ride
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz 20140125101524!SharedRide-LVAL-EN-ScR-1E

Mind Crush
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz MindCrush-LCYW-EN-UR-1E

Each card above, with the exception of one, has the ability to entirely stop searching as a whole. Mind Crush, on the other hand, is the card you use directly after they add so that they are forced to drop whatever advantage they tried to obtain--with the added benefit of getting to view your opponent's hand.

Pros:
~ These cards can essentially shut down the entire use of the deck

Cons:
~ Very few of the above cards can be used to their full potential in most of the current Metagame
~ None of the cards prevent your opponent from summoning their boss monsters

Now, possibly you wish to counter and crush very specific aspects of your opponent's play. There are cards that do so, and they are:

D.D. Crow/Soul Release/The Transmigration Prophecy
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz 58119Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz SoulRelease-BE1-JP-CPreparing for the Meta: Nekroz TheTransmigrationProphecy-STON-EN-R-1E
To remove and push around their Shrit/Djinn and their Ritua Spells

Dimensional Fissure/Macro Cosmos/Imperial Iron Wall
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz DimensionalFissure-EOJ-EN-C-1EPreparing for the Meta: Nekroz MacroCosmos-EOJ-EN-C-1EPreparing for the Meta: Nekroz ImperialIronWallSDZW-EN-C-1E
To prevent them from using their Ritua Spells entirely

Mask of Restrict/Vanity's Emptiness
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz 500px-MaskofRestrictRP02-EN-C-UEPreparing for the Meta: Nekroz VanitysEmptiness-LC5D-EN-ScR-1E
To prevent them from Ritual Summoning

Majesty's Fiend/Vanity's Fiend
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz MajestysFiend-PRIO-EN-ScR-1EPreparing for the Meta: Nekroz 151914
To entirely shut down their ability to both search and summon

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz CursedSealoftheForbiddenSpell-CP05-EN-C-UE
To utter destroy their Spell usage

These sides are (mostly) already in use, and thus fairly common. Most metadecks also either main these floodgates, or side them in spades.

Pros:
~Each of the cards are versatile and may often help against other decks
~They're easy to work with, and almost never hinder your own plays

Cons:
~None of them entirely shut down Nekroz on their own

Excuse the dimensions....

How to Play Against Nekroz:
Well... It should be more of "How to Try Not to Lose" against Nekroz. They're beyond overly-powerful and stupid consistent. However, even with that ability to be able to create pushes nearly every turn, they only have 1 monster in their entire arsenal that actually GENERATES advantage when summoned.
And that monster's name is Trishula.

They may be able to get 10 searches a turn with Shrit and their "Thousand Hands", and Brio, and their Birdboy...and Preparations, and RoTA........But only Trish allows them to generate advantage by making you lose your advantage. But I will show you, card for card, how to get over every boss monster they'll commonly summon on you.

Clausolas
The first tricky one of the "Big 3". He is often summoned through the use of Djinn, and thus locks out your ability to Special Summon. On top of that, any Extra Deck monster you may summon will get its ATK reduced and it's effects negated.....on either Player's Turn. The best way to deal with this card is to use backrow.
Albeit 1200ATK is easy to get over, they'll more often than not summon it in DEF mode. And 2300DEF is difficult to get over without an Extra Deck monster, or the ability to Special Summon

Unicore
2300ATK lvl 4 beatstick, that is a walking Skill Drain on any monster Summoned from the Extra. There is a reason why he is limited in the OCG.
However, that reason is because he is a 1-for-1 with Herald (the Synchro), which lets you get free searches.
He poses no TRUE threat, unless you can't summon something stronger than 2300ATK. If you have that ability, you may simply run him over, and then move on with your life

Trishula
This is easily the biggest pain in the ass. Not because of its stats, but because it banishes 3 cards when it's summoned.
BUT!!!!
Due to its wording, there is a way to abuse its ruling...

You see Trish must have all three targets (Hand, Field and Graveyard) available previous to its activation. That mains if you prefer to play with no hand, you've effectively defused their best boss monster from generating mass advantage.
Other ways to prevent Trish from being a pain is by chaining your own cards to the Nekroz Mirrors' activations, and clearing your own board.

Every other Nekroz monster is NOT A THREAT!!
I mean it. They may have large stats, but this game doesn't care about beaters anymore.

Now, keep in mind that you have to remember all the Ritua Monsters' discard effects. So I will state them below.

Claus ~ Discard --> Search Ritua Spell
Unicore ~ Discard --> Monster Reincarnation any Nekroz
Brionac ~ Discard --> Search any Nekroz
Gungnir ~ Discard --> Prevent Destruction for 1 Monster
Trish ~ Discard --> Prevent Targeting
Valk ~ Discard + Banish --> Battle Fader
Armor ~ Discard --> 1000atk Boost

Then, lastly, all the Ritua Spells have the ability to Banish themselves from the Graveyard (with any Nekroz Monster), to search out ANY Nekroz Ritua Spell from the Deck.

It may be a lot to remember, but it's every aspect of the deck that the common person uses. This concludes my blessing of knowledge to you all.
Back to top Go down
Gremlin

Gremlin

Warnings : No Warning

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 am

does anyone actually need this? nekroz are one of the easiest decks to side against not sure why everyone is worried
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 pm

why dont just give a lesson about how to use them......
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Gremlin wrote:
does anyone actually need this? nekroz are one of the easiest decks to side against not sure why everyone is worried
Because they aren't.

patrick1324 wrote:
Because that's too easy.
Back to top Go down
Shrek
Founder
Founder

Losses : 0

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:20 pm

patrick1324 wrote:

Thats not the point of the lesson, the title clearly says preparing for the meta, not how to use it ._.

Gremlin wrote:

BA is easy to side against, Qli is easy to side against, simply saying it is easy to side against does not take away from the fact that nekroz poses a threat to the current meta and that we need to prepare for it, so thats what i think this was intended for.

also shameless just a suggestion but since this is a preparing for the meta article perhaps you could review the basic plays they make? (example:turn 1 lavalval chain into djinn lock ) idk just a thought good article tho
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:50 pm

i think i will make a discussion about how to use them......
Back to top Go down
Gremlin

Gremlin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 pm

guess its just easier for me than
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 pm

ok, then pls make one 00
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Drewzer44 wrote:
also shameless just a suggestion but since this is a preparing for the meta article perhaps you could review the basic plays they make? (example:turn 1 lavalval chain into djinn lock ) idk just a thought good article tho

I did...sorta, near the bottom.
I gave out what their effects do, and how they are commonly summoned.

The only thing I went into detail about are my personal problems with the deck. I usually have something to get over everything they can throw at me...my problem is losing 3 cards at the simple summon of Trish.
Which, as I just said, is the only thing I went into slight detail about. This thread was mainly to be about what are good side choices against them.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:50 am

Nice one Shameless.
Back to top Go down
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
! ! Z3R0

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:37 am

Nekroz is love...Nekroz is life...
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:57 am

i thot Spellbooks were life and love Sad

but I mean cool guide for the average player to pick up on a side deck man
Back to top Go down
kirito

Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:19 pm

hmm coulda sworn spellbooks were life and love as well and nice guide although i main all of those cards in my special 60 card deck
Back to top Go down
SetoxFear

SetoxFear

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:03 pm

You should have spell canceler as one of the options. It has low stat's but it shuts out all spells.
Back to top Go down
celestial spirit

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 11:48 pm

gishki beats nekroz
Back to top Go down
Shameless
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Shameless

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:10 am

SetoxFear wrote:
You should have spell canceler as one of the options. It has low stat's but it shuts out all spells.

That is true. But even with it's low stats, it's still tremendously viable, due to Nekroz almost never running a monster that has 1800ATK.

That is, unless they're running TGU+Djinn, but most aren't due to the TCG having all the Nekroz stuff at 3.
Back to top Go down
ofri773

ofri773

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:04 pm

! ! Z3R0 wrote:
Nekroz is love...Nekroz is life...
Nekroz is shit...
Back to top Go down
SetoxFear

SetoxFear

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:18 pm

Plz... I hate it when people post salt toward a deck. For the sake of the thread try to expand some knowledge on ways to not lose to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz   Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparing for the Meta: Nekroz
Page 1 of 1