North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! Empty
PostSubject: Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!   Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:15 am

The Ultimate Athletes have arrived!
Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! Foto_estadio_u.a.

The U.A.s are TCG exclusives like the Burning Abyss, that just came up in the recent Duelist Alliance. "U.A. is short for "Ultra Athlete". U.A.s currently are an archetype of 9 cards . The U.A. monsters are Earth Warrior-type monsters which have a unique ability. They bounce around their monsters to get their certain effects on the board, and utilize their field spell to gain boosts with their normal/special summons. The deck doesn't have any boss monsters right now, so for now the deck plays beatdown, but it is very good at what it does.

~ Archetype ~

U.A. Blockbacker
Spoiler:
U.A. Goalkeeper
Spoiler:

U.A. Midfielder
Spoiler:
U.A. Mighty Slugger
Spoiler:
U.A. Perfect Ace
Spoiler:
U.A. Playmaker
Spoiler:

U.A. Powered Jersey
Spoiler:
U.A. Stadium
Spoiler:

U.A. Turnover Tactics
Spoiler:

Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! Foto_u.a._mediocampista

~ Support ~

Feast of the Wild LV5
Spoiler:

The Monarchs Stormforth
Spoiler:
Battleguard Howling
Spoiler:

Hidden armory
Spoiler:

~ Strengths ~
The deck may have only 9 cards, but they're strong. From Slugger being Armades, it completely says bye to Shaddoll Flips, Yang Zing destruction, Hand Destruction, etc. It also stops battle traps, which is really nice. It pretty much almost guarantees something is gonna die each turn. 2300 ATK is nothing to laugh at either. Ace is destruction on feet. If 2500 DEF isn't enough, discard 1 to negate 1. If timed really well, you can interupt a big play. and the fact that you can bounce each other, you can summon Slugger, attack, M2, bounce Slugger for Ace in DEF, and pass. This is a very strong loop. Midfielder brings so much more consistency as a guaranteed Normal-Summon, so you can pretty much search for anything. Goalkeeper is sub-par, but still nothing to scoff at with 2800 DEF and its destruction immunity. Their field spell defines crazy and creates so many OTKs. Along with Stadium which gives a 500 ATK boost to everyone, its pretty devastating. Overall, when they can get their plays off, they're very aggressive.
Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! Foto_u.a._camiseta_de_poder
~ Weaknesses ~
The deck has to use a lot of resources. From Stormforth to Terraforming and grab 1 U.A., its hard for them to keep up hand advantage. Therefore, you need a lot of drawing cards, such as Cardcar D, Upstart, and Duality (Duality sometimes conflicts with U.A.s bouncing each other, so it may not work as well). There is also Ace's discard cost. While it is an Infernity Barrier, you lose 1 card each turn assuming you negate something, therefore it is equivalent to not-drawing. This means the deck can play less backrow, and has to rely on monsters. Also if you cannot get your U.A. on board with Transmodify or Stormforth, you're kinda playing a stall game, until you grab one of those resources, further backing up why you need draw power.
Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! U.A.
~ Why Consider ~
This section will be purely dedicated to why you should consider U.A.s. There are a few reasons why you would try out U.A.s. First one is fluidity. The archetype has only 9 cards, which can be good or bad. Whats bad is that there is the lack of a "staple build" or "spine" to every U.A. deck. Whats good about it is that it inspires creativity and multiple builds. This means no build is wrong, and anything can work. This means you have so much space to fill up with whatever you think works. The following will be some of the many possibilities of decks to make U.A.s. The bottom line is, withing U.A.s, anything can go. They can have a deck made around them, or be splashed into some decks. Another factor is that it is a really casual choice, and a very odd-ball. Its the kind of deck no one would expect, so it has that surprise factor. Though U.A.s are far from competitive-ready, they are a really good casual choice, just for having fun.
Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! Safe_image.php?d=AQBj5flu-t0_KfsR&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fyugiohprofesional.co%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F12%2FU.A.-Winning-Tactics
What do u think?Are U.A good enough to face meta?What techs would u use?Comment and let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
Hero

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!   Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 am

There go but still CR7 > UA
Back to top Go down
kirito

Warnings : 3rd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!   Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:27 pm

wheres leo messi and cr7 they beat ua so badly sub em in boi
Back to top Go down
ofri773

ofri773

Warnings : No Warning

PostSubject: Re: Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!   Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:18 pm

reinforcement can search for midfielder, and if you didnt get him in starting hand it's can be hard to start the game. (of course there are the special summons card but they can be stuck)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!   Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sub me in Coach!!Ultra Athletes!!
Page 1 of 1