A Duel Academy for everyone!
 
HomePortalSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Share | 
 

 Is meta really killing yugioh??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Is the Meta killing yugioh??
Yes
28%
 28% [ 5 ]
No
72%
 72% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 18
 

AuthorMessage
Guardian Of Chaos
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-10-05

PostSubject: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:17 am

So guys I want to make a poll here on do you think the meta is killing yugioh??
Yes/No and why??

My opinion it is killing the game because there is no skill or unique decks anymore that can top. Just a few years ago we had the Inzektor format which is when I came back to the game. I remember playing meta and trying to top I still had several decks to worry about not just 3 or 4 I had Samurai, Dark world, Bubble Beat, Wind-ups, Inzektors, and Dino rabbit plus the rogue exodia and troll decks that top as well. In my opinion that is more fun because even tho we had top 3 of Inzektors, Rabbit, and wind-ups we still had  unique ways to build those decks because of the diverse format. Now days the meta decks are almost all the same plus rogue decks have a hard time making it anymore and we don't really even have to worry about more than 4 decks. The game is getting boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 2
Wins : 3
Posts : 639
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-20
Age : 17
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:52 am

meta is taking more skill to use due to new support. so yea it's not killing the game especcialy since the meta can be countered easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
INUZIRO
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
avatar

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 0
Wins : 2
Posts : 923
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 25
Location : NYC

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:11 pm

it all depends how you look at things, the meta will never kill the game, as its an evolving state every format, even if ever so slightly like making space for a snatch steal or siding for a new deck that may top (i.e nekroz), that in its self shows that the meta will stay strong no matter how things change up. on the other hand, those who are stuck playing rogue decks or deck that have been unsupported by konami or lack support at all tend to see the game as this insane extreme power creeping phenomenon that is just destroying the game and imploding itself to its demise. but no, its part of any game franchise, they cycle away things to bring forth new things and make money out of it. if they keep the older shit relevant how are they supposed to make money? tis what u guys dont understand. and inb4 "OH BUT WHY THEY DONT JUST MAKE 2 DIFFERENT FORMATS LIKE MAGIC THE GATHERING HAS!" and to u i say, bitch if u wanna go play magic then do so, yugioh just so happens to work that way and has been working as such for years now. the game evolves to stay relevant and they have made a hell of a good job to stay relevant. ppl are jut afraid of change. but i say LET CHANGE BE THERE! wether it be good or bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/user/70625-inuziro/
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 2
Wins : 3
Posts : 639
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-20
Age : 17
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:18 pm

INUZIRO wrote:
it all depends how you look at things, the meta will never kill the game, as its an evolving state every format, even if ever so slightly like making space for a snatch steal or siding for a new deck that may top (i.e nekroz), that in its self shows that the meta will stay strong no matter how things change up. on the other hand, those who are stuck playing rogue decks or deck that have been unsupported by konami or lack support at all tend to see the game as this insane extreme power creeping phenomenon that is just destroying the game and imploding itself to its demise. but no, its part of any game franchise, they cycle away things to bring forth new things and make money out of it. if they keep the older shit relevant how are they supposed to make money? tis what u guys dont understand.  and inb4 "OH BUT WHY THEY DONT JUST MAKE 2 DIFFERENT FORMATS LIKE MAGIC THE GATHERING HAS!" and to u i say, bitch if u wanna go play magic then do so, yugioh just so happens to work that way and has been working as such for years now. the game evolves to stay relevant and they have made a hell of a good job to stay relevant. ppl are jut afraid of change. but i say LET CHANGE BE THERE! wether it be good or bad.

OHSHIT I NEVER KNEW YOU WERE SO CLEVER!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarnor Everdawn

avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Posts : 100
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 19
Location : Feywood

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't get this topic? How can meta kill yugioh, even if you got rid of qli's BA shaddolls Nekroz etc. there'd be a different meta that isn't as good like satellarknights or Infernoid. there will always be a meta. that's what yugioh is.
Qli's, Nekroz and Shaddolls can definitely be played a number of ways. BA not as much considering how consistent certain builds of the decks are. but you can definitely be original in your deck building. And about Rogue decks not making it, as long as you side well. and have good outs and aren't losing too much card advantage you'll always have a chance. BW's can sometimes hold their own vs the meta. as can decks like Bujins. Obviously it's not easy, but it's still a fun game...
imo, i don't think we'll ever get july - oct 2014 back (my fave format) but i still enjoy the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazmah
Lord Garunix's Messenger
Lord Garunix's Messenger
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 8
Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 5
Wins : 19
Posts : 1840
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:43 pm

INUZIRO wrote:
it all depends how you look at things, the meta will never kill the game, as its an evolving state every format, even if ever so slightly like making space for a snatch steal or siding for a new deck that may top (i.e nekroz), that in its self shows that the meta will stay strong no matter how things change up. on the other hand, those who are stuck playing rogue decks or deck that have been unsupported by konami or lack support at all tend to see the game as this insane extreme power creeping phenomenon that is just destroying the game and imploding itself to its demise. but no, its part of any game franchise, they cycle away things to bring forth new things and make money out of it. if they keep the older shit relevant how are they supposed to make money? tis what u guys dont understand.  and inb4 "OH BUT WHY THEY DONT JUST MAKE 2 DIFFERENT FORMATS LIKE MAGIC THE GATHERING HAS!" and to u i say, bitch if u wanna go play magic then do so, yugioh just so happens to work that way and has been working as such for years now. the game evolves to stay relevant and they have made a hell of a good job to stay relevant. ppl are jut afraid of change. but i say LET CHANGE BE THERE! wether it be good or bad.
I hate change..... Also like ppl have said meta will always be there whether u like it or not, its how u adapt to it. And rogue decks can be fun, i remmber slaydra getting shit on my volcanics when he used qli's lol! and there are different variations as well like i saw inuz using BADOLCHES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OxidizedWinterHandApparel
Tester
Tester
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Posts : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 pm

How many times do people need to post the exact same topic over and over again. There will always be a "meta". It is just the  plain truth that not all decks and archetypes in the game are equal. If you get rid of all the top tier decks, the strongest ones among those left will be considered the "meta". If you think "meta" is the reason you can't play your MokeymokeyFTK.dek without losing, then you are horribly mistaken. Only in your imagination is there a place that there is no "meta" and every deck is equal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
spud


Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Posts : 96
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:01 pm

n
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazami1000
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:48 pm

(chuckles) In my opinion, yes. My opinion is the same as GOC's. This is because it is hard for beginners to adapt to the new ban lists, format, and all that business, while the masters, average players, and other players are already like GENIUSES! When beginners try to train on DN and in real life, it is very hard to find another beginner to play with, because I'm honestly STILL a novice, and I know nobody else that is novice, so it is very hard for me to become better.

The meta is basicly what causes this. Before, I'm sure it was hard to be the best because it takes a little skill to play meta at all (back in the day), which causes the uprise of players who are already PAST novice, because people play meta right away!  Is zombies meta? Also, for beginners, they ALWAYS try beginner decks, and when they try to look for beginners or people who play like them, they'll eventually give up on finding one, and then, give up on the game, or he/she will just use meta right away, which will teach them NOTHING whatsoever.

For players who don't want to play meta or don't like meta, then it is very hard for them to be winning with it, because they'll eventually be forced to play meta, or will go to it, unless you don't give up on it, or if its really well built.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

How do I think this? I have had much experience in yugioh for lets see, 2-3 years now, and I've experienced all this. Im already using Lightsworns, and a lot of people use this! My plan was to surprise my opponent with a different deck other than the meta, but it never worked for me because I could never learn deck making, and all that. so I just bought the realm of light structure deck and started there. Up to now, Im just thinking that my old structure decks are worth NOTHING, just because other people say its not worth anything, or I cant afford some new cards.

And this is why I have quit yugioh.

FIN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OxidizedWinterHandApparel
Tester
Tester
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Posts : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Kazami1000 wrote:
(chuckles) In my opinion, yes. My opinion is the same as GOC's. This is because it is hard for beginners to adapt to the new ban lists, format, and all that business, while the masters, average players, and other players are already like GENIUSES! When beginners try to train on DN and in real life, it is very hard to find another beginner to play with, because I'm honestly STILL a novice, and I know nobody else that is novice, so it is very hard for me to become better.

The meta is basicly what causes this. Before, I'm sure it was hard to be the best because it takes a little skill to play meta at all (back in the day), which causes the uprise of players who are already PAST novice, because people play meta right away!  Is zombies meta? Also, for beginners, they ALWAYS try beginner decks, and when they try to look for beginners or people who play like them, they'll eventually give up on finding one, and then, give up on the game, or he/she will just use meta right away, which will teach them NOTHING whatsoever.

For players who don't want to play meta or don't like meta, then it is very hard for them to be winning with it, because they'll eventually be forced to play meta, or will go to it, unless you don't give up on it, or if its really well built.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

How do I think this? I have had much experience in yugioh for lets see, 2-3 years now, and I've experienced all this. Im already using Lightsworns, and a lot of people use this! My plan was to surprise my opponent with a different deck other than the meta, but it never worked for me because I could never learn deck making, and all that. so I just bought the realm of light structure deck and started there. Up to now, Im just thinking that my old structure decks are worth NOTHING, just because other people say its not worth anything, or I cant afford some new cards.

And this is why I have quit yugioh.

FIN.
So what you want... is to make every card $.01 and every deck easy to play... 10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
spud


Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Posts : 96
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Kazami1000 wrote:
(chuckles) In my opinion, yes. My opinion is the same as GOC's. This is because it is hard for beginners to adapt to the new ban lists, format, and all that business, while the masters, average players, and other players are already like GENIUSES! When beginners try to train on DN and in real life, it is very hard to find another beginner to play with, because I'm honestly STILL a novice, and I know nobody else that is novice, so it is very hard for me to become better.

The meta is basicly what causes this. Before, I'm sure it was hard to be the best because it takes a little skill to play meta at all (back in the day), which causes the uprise of players who are already PAST novice, because people play meta right away!  Is zombies meta? Also, for beginners, they ALWAYS try beginner decks, and when they try to look for beginners or people who play like them, they'll eventually give up on finding one, and then, give up on the game, or he/she will just use meta right away, which will teach them NOTHING whatsoever.

For players who don't want to play meta or don't like meta, then it is very hard for them to be winning with it, because they'll eventually be forced to play meta, or will go to it, unless you don't give up on it, or if its really well built.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

How do I think this? I have had much experience in yugioh for lets see, 2-3 years now, and I've experienced all this. Im already using Lightsworns, and a lot of people use this! My plan was to surprise my opponent with a different deck other than the meta, but it never worked for me because I could never learn deck making, and all that. so I just bought the realm of light structure deck and started there. Up to now, Im just thinking that my old structure decks are worth NOTHING, just because other people say its not worth anything, or I cant afford some new cards.

And this is why I have quit yugioh.

FIN.
This is actually completely correct. Because at least back in the day when I started I could play a completely rogue deck deck and still compete with tier 1.
This isn't to do with meta though, it's more so the format. Meta itself is fine, it's the easy to play bandwagon that everyone can resort to, the fact that we NEED to use it to compete is what's wrong imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazami1000
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:52 am

You May Call Me Sir wrote:
Kazami1000 wrote:
(chuckles) In my opinion, yes. My opinion is the same as GOC's. This is because it is hard for beginners to adapt to the new ban lists, format, and all that business, while the masters, average players, and other players are already like GENIUSES! When beginners try to train on DN and in real life, it is very hard to find another beginner to play with, because I'm honestly STILL a novice, and I know nobody else that is novice, so it is very hard for me to become better.

The meta is basicly what causes this. Before, I'm sure it was hard to be the best because it takes a little skill to play meta at all (back in the day), which causes the uprise of players who are already PAST novice, because people play meta right away!  Is zombies meta? Also, for beginners, they ALWAYS try beginner decks, and when they try to look for beginners or people who play like them, they'll eventually give up on finding one, and then, give up on the game, or he/she will just use meta right away, which will teach them NOTHING whatsoever.

For players who don't want to play meta or don't like meta, then it is very hard for them to be winning with it, because they'll eventually be forced to play meta, or will go to it, unless you don't give up on it, or if its really well built.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

How do I think this? I have had much experience in yugioh for lets see, 2-3 years now, and I've experienced all this. Im already using Lightsworns, and a lot of people use this! My plan was to surprise my opponent with a different deck other than the meta, but it never worked for me because I could never learn deck making, and all that. so I just bought the realm of light structure deck and started there. Up to now, Im just thinking that my old structure decks are worth NOTHING, just because other people say its not worth anything, or I cant afford some new cards.

And this is why I have quit yugioh.

FIN.
So what you want... is to make every card $.01 and every deck easy to play... 10/10

(chuckles again) honestly, no. Im just wishing that they dont make too many new meta decks. it would then overrun the old decks, for those who dont want to use meta at all. I'm also asking that they make decks that have more skill to them. of course still, people would have no choice but to use meta eventually, like pimp said.

Also i was surprised when i saw your comment, pimpin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 117
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:40 am

I agree with Big Pimpin'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hero
Assistant
Assistant
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Losses : 1
Wins : 3
Posts : 2958
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:50 am

Tbh it's all about the moolah!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
avatar

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 385
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-02-13
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 am

Just putting out my two cents on this.

Let's define what is the life of yugioh before we actually talk about what might be killing it.

The style of casual, semi-competitive, and competitive.

I don't want to go into detail on this so I'll link a video here to describe the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBOaUpy2se8 (Don't take into account everything said here, just get the general idea of the difference within the three).

Now all three of these ideas keep this game 'alive' as what you may regard to it as. However, because there exists a non-casual aspect of the game, you have to understand with competitive play in any game that from this there will always exist a "meta/meta game" unless every character or deck in this case is equally powerful and nothing can compete (Take note that the closest equivalent we've ever had to these things are the "Tier Zero" formats where a VAST majority of the competitive players only played the 'best deck of the format'). You have to acknowledge, even as a casual player, that there exists a "meta" in the game and you have to understand that you'll run into it.

The release of cards and archetypes.

Understand that at some point there weren't any definitive archetypes during the inital release of Yugioh aside from the Toon archetype and what have you. However, afterwards and on Konami decided to make themed decks to start to make coherence out of certain decks. Granted, sometimes mash-ups are still viable to this date (Take HAT from a few formats ago), but with the release of 'archetypes', the decks have become more consistent and more viable for gameplay, both casual and competitive. With the evolution of archetypes, Konami had to make a formula for decks that would do well in Regionals, Nationals, and Championship levels to cater to those competitive players. (This does NOT mean they don't cater to casual and pseudo-competitive players due to the release of decks that seem 'fun' like Performapals.) As the evolution of this game progresses, the meta has to become "better" to further appeal to the mass of competitive players, as well as bringing in other players with other archetypes within the set.

(Again, take note that some of the archetypes that are meta may unintentionally be meta in the first place and instead be essentially a "fun" deck).

Now, understanding that meta has to exist due to the game having a competitive player base included in its entirety of the player base, does this ultimately fix Yugioh if you outright take out the competitve aspect/does it kill Yugioh to keep meta in?

Again just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 376
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-16
Age : 26
Location : Oak Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Ken Ham wrote:
We need to define our terms before we continue
I agree Ken. Lets take a look at the term Meta, and what Meta actually means, from a verbal standpoint.

wiktionary wrote:
Meta;
2. Pertaining to a level above or beyond. For example, metadata is data that describes data, metalanguage is language that describes language, etc.

in the context to which we are referring, meta is used to describe decks which are at the top of the list in playability, use, and consistency. Let's pause to consider something. Even if you were to remove the strongest deck, would that mean that there are no longer any strong decks? no. Absolutely not. Predecessors will still arise. That cycle continues. In and of itself the term is used to describe "What is currently being used the most and winning the most". This is something that you will always have, regardless of whether you discontinue archetypes within yugioh entirely, or remove them altogether; There will be a deck style that is consistent, playable, and widely used. Why would i make that statement?

Because Netdecking and learning by imitation are one of the basic foundations of learning this game, once you actually get past the basics. Nobody is an amazing deckbuilder off the bat. Some people take years learning what cards work well in certain decks that play a certain way. It's a learned skill. That's half of the reason people frown on the netdeckers to begin with, they feel like that player is just ripping off someone elses work.
So then, what does that mean? it means whatever starts to show a consistent trend of winning, will be imitated, and become meta, until the next thing comes along that counters it or outperforms it.

TL;DR if the meta is killing yugioh then football players are killing the NFL, Basketball players are ruining NBA, and baseball players are disgracing MLB.


Last edited by ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
spud


Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Posts : 96
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:40 pm

ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
Some people take years learning what cards work well in certain decks that play a certain way. It's a learned skill.
tbh it took me 2 years to learn qliphorts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazami1000
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 53
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:05 pm

meh, guess not. (shrugs). i guess meta itself isnt killin yugioh... pretend i never said anything...(Still that is why i quit yugioh, apart from the meta part)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
! ! Z3R0
Teacher
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 117
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 pm

A meta deck is ALWAYS gonna be present no matter what you do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RustyGloves
Shadow Duelist
Shadow Duelist
avatar

Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 385
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-02-13
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 pm

ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
Ken Ham wrote:
We need to define our terms before we continue
I agree Ken. Lets take a look at the term Meta, and what Meta actually means, from a verbal standpoint.

wiktionary wrote:
Meta;
2. Pertaining to a level above or beyond. For example, metadata is data that describes data, metalanguage is language that describes language, etc.

in the context to which we are referring, meta is used to describe decks which are at the top of the list in playability, use, and consistency. Let's pause to consider something. Even if you were to remove the strongest deck, would that mean that there are no longer any strong decks? no. Absolutely not. Predecessors will still arise. That cycle continues. In and of itself the term is used to describe "What is currently being used the most and winning the most". This is something that you will always have, regardless of whether you discontinue archetypes within yugioh entirely, or remove them altogether; There will be a deck style that is consistent, playable, and widely used. Why would i make that statement?

Because Netdecking and learning by imitation are one of the basic foundations of learning this game, once you actually get past the basics. Nobody is an amazing deckbuilder off the bat. Some people take years learning what cards work well in certain decks that play a certain way. It's a learned skill. That's half of the reason people frown on the netdeckers to begin with, they feel like that player is just ripping off someone elses work.
So then, what does that mean? it means whatever starts to show a consistent trend of winning, will be imitated, and become meta, until the next thing comes along that counters it or outperforms it.

TL;DR if the meta is killing yugioh then football players are killing the NFL, Basketball players are ruining NBA, and baseball players are disgracing the NBL.

*MLB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Posts : 376
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-16
Age : 26
Location : Oak Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:23 am

PimpinEveryNubInSlifer wrote:
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
Some people take years learning what cards work well in certain decks that play a certain way. It's a learned skill.
tbh it took me 2 years to learn qliphorts.
doesnt surprise me considering how much of a scrub you are hu3hu3hu3
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 2
Wins : 3
Posts : 639
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-20
Age : 17
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:51 am

ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer wrote:
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
Some people take years learning what cards work well in certain decks that play a certain way. It's a learned skill.
tbh it took me 2 years to learn qliphorts.
doesnt surprise me considering how much of a scrub you are hu3hu3hu3
lol!

pimp aint a scrub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:19 am

I will say this, the game doesn't appear to be popular as it was before, perhaps meta may be that reason, then again perhaps not....

This is just pure speculation, but meta has probably caused a lot of players to quit Yu-Gi-Oh but that doesn't mean its ruined, rather its just not as popular as it was before....


That being said, If the game was ruined then that would mean Yu-Gi-Oh's dueling fanbase would be nearly non existent.
Back to top Go down
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer
spud


Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : First Warning
Posts : 96
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 am

ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
PimpinEveryNubInSlifer wrote:
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers wrote:
Some people take years learning what cards work well in certain decks that play a certain way. It's a learned skill.
tbh it took me 2 years to learn qliphorts.
doesnt surprise me considering how much of a scrub you are hu3hu3hu3
lol!
Once upon a time in cb, tflo challenged a bored penis "If you win you can join war team, If u don't den 24hr ban".
Penis, seeing as how he doesn't really cur4team, ups it and says let's make it 24hour ban for whoever loses and disregard the war team. Penis tells the child, "I'm gonna ftk yur face wif cloudians m8"or something along those lines. The child, now realizing his shit talkin is actually gonna get him smak'd, refuses to duel, continues to dodge, then leaves the chatbox never to be seen for the rest of the day.

tl;dr This kid dodged my cloudians evn tho he challenged me.
PS: Don't rage so hard m8, it was a username code. Sorry 2 play u liek 2 fool.

Plz don't talk shit on the forums, ur just gonna be spammin and i'd prefer if you were more bite then bark <3. If you actually wanna prove somethin ma dn is "Big Boy Fluff"
Or i mean u can continue talkin big on a forum n hidin behind words.

EDIT: might wanna check how long qli's have been out m8. There were just too many things i could call you out on i forgot about your very latest act of ignorance xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SetoxFear

avatar

Immune to warnings? : No
Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:35 pm

I play yugioh for the opportunity to make friends. If you play the top decks and constantly win, you'd meet more people and you can interact with them eventually adding to your network of people to talk to and converse with. I know the meta gets "boring" to people,but there can be some good games present which is fun. It's like playing connect four in a sense, the games seem the same, but all in all it's fun if the game gets good enough. Better players and meta = Funner games to watch and perform. That's how I feel with meta and yugiohs future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is meta really killing yugioh??   

Back to top Go down
 
Is meta really killing yugioh??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How to build an Anti-Meta deck
» Destroying the Meta!
» Meta Deck ( Deformer )
» Meta Deck [ Fudo Yusei ]
» Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North Academy :: Discussions :: Extra Discussion-
Jump to: