North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 1

Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  Empty
PostSubject: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Remember the days when everyone thought Ls Rulers were the "god tier"?

https://i.imgur.com/q5h21ZY.png
I feel like people got the message when even Yang Zings could beat them....
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

Warnings : First Warning

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 pm

??? LS rulers were never God Tier, and Yang zings dont have bad match up vs LS rulers but w/e what do i know
Back to top Go down
TopGun
The King
The King
TopGun

Warnings : First Warning

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

??? LS rulers were never God Tier, and Yang zings dont have bad match up vs LS rulers but w/e what do i know
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:36 am

Lol Gab, you really don't remember when everyone were d*ck riding ls rulers like they are an qli's right now?
Back to top Go down
Anita Sarkeesian

Anita Sarkeesian

Warnings : 2nd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 1:28 pm

There is a difference between hype and god tier.
Qlips arent hype thier actually god tier.
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Is that why they have an absolutely HORRENDOUS matchup against hieratics? O.o
Back to top Go down
Anita Sarkeesian

Anita Sarkeesian

Warnings : 2nd Warning

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:12 pm

But they dont,Hieratics lose easily to them.
And no one uses hieratics in ARGS or YCS anymore so it would be irrelvevant anyway
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:14 pm

True about the ARGS and the YCS, but one drop of wingbeat and qliphorts scoop since most players will devote everything to the board relying on Pendulum summoning to back them up, but when that scales gone along with there backrow, what can they do?
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:30 pm

agammemnon6 wrote:
True about the ARGS and the YCS, but one drop of wingbeat and qliphorts scoop since most players will devote everything to the board relying on Pendulum summoning to back them up, but when that scales gone along with there backrow, what can they do?
Youre running on the assumption that you're gonna get to do your little wingbeat play and turn my already developed board into a blank space?
Good luck with that. 90% of the time i dont put pendulums on board unless im gonna use them and wingbeat matters even less when i get to go first and shoopdewhoop towers out.

Oh by the way Lightsworn lose to yangzing because skill drain, field continuity and the fact that yangzing have support, they arent a mashed together deck.
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Lol Life, you also say that under the assumption that A) You have a developed board before I have wingbeat and tefnuit, B) are able to get a scout and C) are able to summon killer first turn since wingbeat normally ends up in hieratic players hands first turn somehow
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:35 pm

agammemnon6 wrote:
Lol Life, you also say that under the assumption that A) You have a developed board before I have wingbeat and tefnuit, B) are able to get a scout and C) are able to summon killer first turn since wingbeat normally ends up in hieratic players hands first turn somehow
You seem to be forgetting the fact that wingbeat requires you to play it on YOUR TURN, while I ALREADY HAVE TARGETS, which, by that time, IVE ALREADY USE THE PENDS FOR SUMMONS. Your play completely runs on your turn and doesnt do anything to actually fold the playstyle. Oh and one last thing?

Qlimate change is a card. Also, im rather adept at 1st turn towers, you can ask kalin, im p sure i first turn towers'd about 10 times of the 12 matches i played yesterday. It really isnt hard to open the combos. If losing the pends in their zones was literally as crippling as youre making it seem then we would not be able to come back from spell shattering arrow or fairy wind, either. Yet we do.
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:10 pm

lol life, you say that like you are most players, yet most are too stupid to make towers first turn xD
they normally get carrier, saqlifice, set all pass, in turn, wingbeat, hieratic spam, gg no re
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:19 pm

agammemnon6 wrote:
lol life, you say that like you are most players, yet most are too stupid to make towers first turn xD
they normally get carrier, saqlifice, set all pass, in turn, wingbeat, hieratic spam, gg no re
im sorry, youre right, lets use the shitty players as an example for only one side of this duel, and good players for the hieratic side. That's a totally fair argument that actually furthers what you were saying about the decks, not the players themselves.

[/sarcasm]

What we're debating here is whether in two equally skilled duelists hands how the decks interact with each other. What you've presented is that because bad players make bad plays that the deck crumbles to a bad card which is just not the case.
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Yeah, if they're using hieratics in competetive duels, they're either stupid or probably really good lel, and most qliphort players are kinda bad, lets face it, not saying you are lol, but most are cus the deck is too easy to pick up, its basically the pendulum version of dragon rulers
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:31 pm

You're still focusing too much on the players and the amount of them who use it as opposed to what you were originally arguing, which was that Wingbeat stops Qlips. A more accurate statement, following what youve been saying, would be, "bad players using Qlips lose to hieratics because of wingbeat." The deck does a lot of things, just like hieratic, in the right hands, and using the lowest example of player is a pretty poor argument because at this point what youre arguing is not that Wingbeat wins its that bad players lose to wingbeat, which may be true but does not automatically mean that anyone who plays wingbeat can beat any qlip player. Reviewing again what i said earlier, wingbeat is only on your turn. If you go first with wingbeat in hand you had better have some prevention set or im still gonna do my shenanigans. If you dont go first that's even better because i do my shenanigans and then can detach myself from giving a shit about the pends anymore because theyve done their thing at least 1 time.
Back to top Go down
Agammemnon6
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Agammemnon6

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 pm

But most players wont go for a turn one Killer/Towers, from what I've seen most people do, they normally go scout search carrier summon carrier set pass unless they have some stupidly good first turn play, my argument is, if the wingbeat is activated and goes through, what can the deck really do since the hieratic deck will just do what it does best and more than likely otk you?
Back to top Go down
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
War Manager
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Stop bringing up "most players" because we arent talking about how any single person plays the deck and its irrelevant. We're talking about what the decks CAN DO.
Theres a lot of space for argument in there, i'll just put it this way. If they can otk you, over no s/t there is nothing you can do aside from use perhaps teched faders or something. If what you're asking about is what the recovery plan is, Qlimate change, after getting to scout generally helps but the likelihood is that if we're following your example where all their sets are gone and pends too, they wont recover fast enough.

MY entire argument is that aiming at this kind of field as a reliable way of defeating them seems extremely stinted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??    Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ls Rulers can't beat Yang Zing??
Page 1 of 1