North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?

Go down 
+11
Bluefur
KidChaos
Hero
Flailier
Spirits of the Deep
KleiNoel
patrick1324
Vavoom17
bayar16
TopGun
KING_ATLAS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Warnings : No Warning
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:49 am

First topic message reminder :

So,my question is simple,is not that i dont like xyz, i just think that the game started to degenerate with them.

The previous generation(the sync generation) was all about the skill,not about the decks.U had players doing wicked combos,decks like BW,X-sabers,Morphs,Junk they were all based on skill but in the current meta gamining any noob can buy a tier 1 deck and still manage to get a top spot on a regional tourney.

Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 StardustDragonTU06-EN-R-UE

Xyz just started slowly getting more and more broken, and now it's literally at the point where you can't even make any monster without losing it the next turn.

Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 Number39Utopia-YS13-EN-SR-1E

Just by having a pure lvl 4 deck u gain access to:

-A Judgment Dragon (Exciton Knight)
-A Foolish Burial/stack anything (Lavalval Chain)
-A Tiramisu (Castel)
-A Big Eye/Maestroke mix (Honor ARK)
-A semi Scrap Dragon (Diamond Dire Wolf)
-An Ehren (Evigishki Mertowgeist)
-A Wattgirraffe type thing (Heartlanddraco)
-A Soul Drain (Abyss Dweller)

And honestly, anything you could ever need to win a game at any situation. And for some reason Konami feels they're all fine and healthy for the game.

I honestly think Xyz have been way too overpowered compared with Synchro and Fusion, and it's honestly what I think is continually making the game more and more unfair and degenerate.

Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 pm

you know the 3 most broken cards ever were never xyz so yea and btw 2 were long b4 xyz was a thing(CED and Infern Launcher)
Back to top Go down
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Immune to warnings? : No

PostSubject: Re: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:41 am

xyz also can make many deck become playable....

for example: atlas's deck: spirit traptrix. konami create "niki" so spirit can more easily to access to xyz.

deck like koa'ki also became more playable because xyz
Back to top Go down
KidChaos

KidChaos

PostSubject: Re: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 4:06 am

no koakis didne become playable cause of xyz though they certainly are a big factor

koakis became viable because they got a search via diamond core plus a decent beast warrior engine in there archtype xyz are just what makes them more powerful

but it was diamond core that made them a deck that was somewhat legit
Back to top Go down
KING_ATLAS
The King
The King
KING_ATLAS

Immune to warnings? : no
Losses : 3
Wins : 18

PostSubject: Re: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:06 am

I stillbelive that the xyz monster are 2 overpowered,2 muhc power and 2 easy to summon,but thats just me
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/DanCubano
patrick1324
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:55 am

to kischaos, ofc diamond core that made them a deck that was somewhat legit, diamond core is a searcher, base on SCRAP theory, searcher is the most important card in a deck.

but xyz can prevent you affect by koa'ki restrict effect by use them as xyz material.

of course xyz is not the main reason that made koa'ki become playable because konami never release a directly support koa'ki extra deck monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?   Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Yugi-oh better before XYZ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2