North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Duel Academy for everyone!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The academy has been shut down, please click here for more details.

From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KM888

KM888

Immune to warnings? : No
Warnings : No Warning

From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 Empty
PostSubject: From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1   From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am

From Zero to Hero
Lesson 1: How it all began

• History

Back in the days where I just started to learn dueling, I was a total newby to the game. I played a 60-card deck that didn’t have any synergy at all.

It was a deck that focused on Special Summoning a lot of monsters. And while it’s true it did that, my hands were most of the time totally weird, and totally useless in 2 turns.
    Not very great when you enter a tournament, and everyone there was playing good competitive Decks. It’s needless to say, that I got creamed.

• The Solution

To become better I turned myself to the better players of that tournament. They helped me into getting better, and they gave a lot of helpful tips. In hindsight those tips were just the tip of the iceberg, and in total retrospect not seemingly that great, but they helped me to start out.

Getting help is always the first step in learning how to get better, and it’s by following these lessons, that you’ll also become better.

I will give you these tips later on, so you can use them, just the same way I used to use them. Becoming a pro duelist takes 1 step at the time.

• After a good while

I became a better duelist in good time. And thanks all the cards I collected in that time, I actually had the means to make a better Deck. I used the tips my friends gave me and build a Deck.

Off course, just having the Deck doesn’t make you a good duelist. In a couple of the next duels, I saw a bigger problem that had surfaced. I didn’t know some rulings, which caused me to make misplays everywhere.

Knowledge is power, and with power comes great responsibility.

• Eventually

At this point, I’m a veteran in the game. I won’t say I’m the best there is, cause there will always be someone better out there. What I can say, is that I know the upmost of the rules out there, so I make as less misplays as I can. I learned how to time certain cards.

There is a difference between knowing how to play a card, and knowing how to activate a card.

And most importantly, I learned how to anticipate. Experience and a lot of playing learned me so many things, that you probably won’t even be able to comprehend at first.

It are all of these points, that made me into the duelist I am today. Stick around for the second lesson, and you’ll be able to start a lot better for your new-found Dueling Carrier.

I will teach you the beginnings of my duel carrier. All the tips I used to become better 1 step at the time. You want to become a better Duelist? Then don’t miss out on the next lessons.

For now, I’ll give you this already:

Homework

Go to Dueling Network, and start thinking about all the different cards there are. Pick 1 Deck you want to be good at. Not because the Deck won a lot of YCS’ or because they are good according to a friend, but because you like that Archetype.

Pick a Deck you want to make, because you think they are awesome in your eyes.

Through-out these lessons, I will try to make you learn more about that Deck. You’ll start being a pro with 1 Deck, before you shall go onto the next one. As I said, 1 step at the time.

The Deck you’ll choose will be very important, so be sure to pick a good one.
You might ask yourself, what deck did you pick, teacher?

Well, I picked Worms all the way back, because I thought they were cool. And I’m now being known as 1 of the best Worm-players around (if not the best in some eyes).

After you have chosen the Deck that you’ll want to use, post it in the comments below.

That way, the admins and also myself could help you in our spare time if we feel like it. But remember that we will only help with that Deck, and only when we feel like it. So don’t come asking us all the time.

Through these lessons you’ll be getting better with the Deck anyways, so you won’t need as much help as you think.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
EbilKid

Losses : 0
Wins : 4

PostSubject: Re: From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1   From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 am

I am looking forward to the next lesson. I am gonna choose my gravekeepers.
Back to top Go down
Worst Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1   From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 pm

I am gonna use immortal deck cause i want to learn them
Back to top Go down
Flailier

Flailier

Losses : 1

PostSubject: Re: From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1   From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 am

I am gonna use Elemental Heros cuz i wanna be a good player of them.
Back to top Go down
Mani
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mani

lost souls(darkshop currency) : 0
Immune to warnings? : Yes
Losses : 2
Wins : 3

PostSubject: Re: From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1   From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:10 am

lol, same story here, I got a lot better because of rusty, he taught me so many things when I was one of dem noobs who used to play in tradiotional you know.

I choose burning abyss btw lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1   From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

From Zero to Hero: Lesson 1
Page 1 of 1